Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seven Years of Next-Gen NCAA Football - NCAA Football 09

• Facebook
  • Display
    One of the glitchiest games ever...

This was my favorite NCAA game. I own this game on 360, and i still play it! I play it more than 11. But even with the sliders, this game is still very easy to beat

I only had a Wii at the time so my mom and wife got me the Wii version for Christmas. EA put little to no effort into that version. It SUCKED. Because I'm typing on my phone I won't go into detail why it was so bad. My phone would lose it's charge before I finished and I'm sitting at 91% right now. Absolutely HORRIBLE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was the game that actually made me have hope for the series. It was not perfect but it def kept me busy and excited. There were just way too many turnovers.

Very wide open, an absolute track meet. It was fun for me because I played a dynasty with 4 other players. I do remember the player ratings being spread out though. Also recruiting was pretty weird. 30 minutes a week a recruite could land u a great class. The running motion was a little off. Option didn't work and running between the tackles against other players was a challenge. Kick and punt returns were easy to take to the house. It was pretty much a shootout. The truck stick always worked on the first person. The hit stick going low was almost always a guaranteed fumble.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I only had a Wii at the time so my mom and wife got me the Wii version for Christmas. EA put little to no effort into that version. It SUCKED. Because I'm typing on my phone I won't go into detail why it was so bad. My phone would lose it's charge before I finished and I'm sitting at 91% right now. Absolutely HORRIBLE.

That was a bad game. For whatever reason, it was not developed by EA Tiburon but actually EA Canada and the Fusion development team (whatever that is). I've heard Madden Wii is pretty solid, but I've never given it a try. I'm very certain Madden Wii is developed at Tiburon by some former Madden NG devs.

About the only sports game that ever did well on the Wii was Tiger Woods golf. I'm not sure that will change for the Wii U either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    About the only sports game that ever did well on the Wii was Tiger Woods golf. I'm not sure that will change for the Wii U either.
    It should do better since it'll be the same as the 360/PS3 version. When I get a Wii U (which I'm sure I will), I'll consider NCAA 13 for it.

NCAA 09 was the last time the series was on Wii, so I wouldn't bet on seeing it on Wii U unless its specs are comparable to 360/PS3 (I still haven't seen any specs).
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    NCAA 09 was the last time the series was on Wii, so I wouldn't bet on seeing it on Wii U.
    I wouldn't be surprised to since it can largely be the same engine/game as PS3/360. The only issue will be the controller... while the new/default Wii U controller has the dual shoulder buttons, I don't believe the standard Wii controllers do (not even the classic controller).

Well, it can only be largely the same engine if the specs are largely the same. And having now looked them up ... okay, it's possible. I actually think the Wii U will have more RAM (which is very important) than either the 360 or PS3. So, maybe.

Of course, EA would have to be reasonably convinced that the Wii audience justifies the cost. Based on previous Nintendo sales for EA Sports games ... I wouldn't be so convinced.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

EA seems all in for Wii U and I expect Wii U to be a little ahead of the 360/PS3 in terms of power but not much more. I can't see it doing as well as the Wii if the games aren't a lot better (other than your first party Mario games) and the system is a lot more expensive. Sony/MS have always sold consoles at a loss or very little profit. Nintendo demands to make money off of everything. I'm guessing the Wii U will be at least $300 if not more due to the controller screen and both MS/Sony will be quite a bit cheaper by then.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to since it can largely be the same engine/game as PS3/360. The only issue will be the controller... while the new/default Wii U controller has the dual shoulder buttons, I don't believe the standard Wii controllers do (not even the classic controller).
    The classic controller has all the Dual Shock. It just doesn't do L3/R3.

I wish they could have built on the "Wide Open Gameplay Engine" instead of scrapping it in '10. I thought it had a lot of potential.