Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Letter from “A Dying Vine”

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by mnguy View Post
    My understanding is that ther term "extending an olive branch" means that you are willing to change. The source is willing to change to get at least some unified force together to get EA to realize the community isn't happy with their product.
    Whats funny is that this letter has been in the making for a while, its not like 1 guy got this idea and wrote it himself. A lot of work was put into it and for it to be shunned is really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Jesus dude. Did you not read the 'ps' part!?? That's not an olive branch...that's the same ol shit branch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you not read what I said, the guys who wrote it are not allowed to post. Its really simple, should it have been put in the letter? Probably not, but it doesnt make the letter not true. Get over it.

Jesus dude. Did you not read the 'ps' part!?? That's not an olive branch...that's the same ol shit branch!

Quote Originally Posted by Bomberwrestler View Post
    Whats funny is that this letter has been in the making for a while, its not like 1 guy got this idea and wrote it himself. A lot of work was put into it and for it to be shunned is really sad.
    The olive branch stuff is a load of crap. If they truly wanted to extend an olive branch they would have contacted CDJ or JB privately.

If it was an olive branch, those same people wouldn't have been posting complete BS about us on our own site the other day.

Did you not read what I said, the guys who wrote it are not allowed to post. Its really simple, should it have been put in the letter? Probably not, but it doesnt make the letter not true. Get over it.
    Oh ya...you're right. There is no other form of communication except for this site.

The olive branch stuff is a load of crap. If they truly wanted to extend an olive branch they would have contacted CDJ or JB privately.

Why the hell would they do that, they would just get what the letter got.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/martyr

Oh ya...you're right. There is no other form of communication except for this site.

Its painfully obvious where your at, we understand your stance.

personally, i think they are being true about the offer. If you would feel any better if they took it back, I am sure that could happen. I find it sad that you're getting hung up on that one line of a letter that makes a lot of good points.

And it's completely obvious what your agenda is:

Yeah its a joke, I am trying to be civil but they act like sissies. Anything to get those games early.
    Olive branch? Deuce is completely right. Same ol' shit.

Why the hell would they do that, they would just get what the letter got.
    Maybe, maybe not...we'll never know b/c they didn't try. They used an open letter with an immature jab at the end. Not the same

Right back at you brother.

It wasn't a letter to TGT. It was an open letter. It has been posted on OS and other sites. It's not saying everybody be buddy-buddy, just have a somewhat respectable relationship and ty to work together. You're missing the point here.

personally, i think they are being true about the offer. If you would feel any better if they took it back, I am sure that could happen. I find it sad that you're getting hung up on that one line of a letter that makes a lot of good points.
    I do think it makes a lot of good points. ...absolutely. But the 'goodwill' is horseshit thus negating a well written letter. Just isn't genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Olive branch? Deuce is completely right. Same ol' shit.
    As he said "I am trying to be civil". An olive branch doesn't mean I automatically like you, it means when I'm talking to your face I'll be civil. That is all.

It wasn't a letter to TGT. It was an open letter. It has been posted on OS and other sites. It's not saying everybody be buddy-buddy, just have a somewhat respectable relationship and ty to work together. You're missing the point here.
    Ok...that's valid. Although i do get the point. But i and I'm guessing most people on this site choose a more positive approach to fixing the game. I don't want to listen to all the anger. I can ignore a few posters over here or ignore the whole site that is Utopia. It's nothing personal. It really isn't. BUT I am going to defend this site b/c I prefer the way things are done over here and don't want them to change.

I want the game to change but not this site.

Ok...that's valid. Although i do get the point. But i and I'm guessing most people on this site choose a more positive approach to fixing the game. I don't want to listen to all the anger. I can ignore a few posters over here or ignore the whole site that is Utopia. It's nothing personal. It really isn't. BUT I am going to defend this site b/c I prefer the way things are done over here and don't want them to change.

And it doesn't have to. I mean, you can't really disagree that if Utopia, TGT, OS etc. all put forward something together to tell EA what the problems are, how to fix them etc. EA would have to take notice.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    you balance pretty good on a fence, fall one way or the other would you LOL

the fact of the matter is, the game was at least decent and likeable before the patch( even though a major promise didnt deliver cleanly).. but the company did a very poor job on the patch . And its been enough days to hear what they intend to do,.... if anything ?

LOL I think they made a slight mistake with those 4 shows because now trolls know the names of the people and what they look like..thats a little kidding around guys, not an attack on anyone

I love sitting on the fence, I realydo get both sides of the argument in an attempt to not make this Utopia I understand not posting, in an attempt to draw attention the the fuck ups by EA, I understand posting. Either way I dont care because as I said its a very futile letter. Since Duece ha posted he has swayed my opinion and now I dont want it posted. LOL

And it doesn't have to. I mean, you can't really disagree that if Utopia, TGT, OS etc. all put forward something together to tell EA what the problems are, how to fix them etc. EA would have to take notice.
    We aren't doing that? I know TGT is...I can't speak for the other two. I hope OS and Utopia are doing the same things. And I'm sure if they do it in a respectful manner EA will listen. The problem, IMHO, is that EA knows most of the issues but can't fix them w/o screwing up something else. And that's not an insult to the guys working on the game. I'm pretty sure they work their asses off. There in an impossible situation. ...sometimes there is no 'right' answer. I can accept that, others can't. Doesn't make either one of us right or wrong...just different.

If I cant live with the game I won't buy it next year. I happen to love the game and enjoy the hell out of it.

I don't play online
    Dont use CP's ...didn't use either when they were working either.