Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Letter from “A Dying Vine”

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    See, that's where people are being fed misinformation. We're definitely not ignoring the problems at all.
    ok maybe "ignoring" was the wrong word choice. Deleting would be better. Or skirting around the edge...anything I see here that directly holds EA responsible is met with a negative response.

I will say this as a long time Utopian. You can slam the source all you want. I know that Utopia went away from NCAA a long time ago, and I know that it made some on this site very unhappy. But if you read the letter for what it is you know its true. This game has more issues than the franchise has ever had, and it isnt close at all. The letter wasnt malicious or directed towards the community or the community reps as a slam. It was a very well stated letter that has merit. Dont censor the letter because you disagree with the source. There are still many Utopians who enjoy the game and want it to be a enjoyable experience. The fact that multiple OD's that have been around for years are no longer active because of these issues speaks to the merit of the letter.

Look past the issues, and how the separation of the two communities went down and see the meaning of the letter. It's meaning is to grab the attention of the community and understand the issues are not getting fixed. Of course they say they are trying to work on it, but when your fixes break the working elements something had to change.

This is a sticky situation I understand why its not being posted, but in a sense I think it should be posted. Though I do think its quite futile.

It may be futile, but not giving it a chance shows your stance. What will it hurt, maybe a few guys dont get a copy of TW or FIFA early. Who cares, this is an issue that has been coming for a long time, and now a stand has been made and its being shot down because of differences in leadership. Not because its not factual but because some grown men got their panties in a twist and cant drop the ego crap.

No, it's more believed that we are sweeping this all under the rug and ignoring the situation, when in essence it's completely the opposite. Our stance is obvious. Deleting the "open letter" has nothing to do with our stance that has always been out in the open.

We have relayed a lot of information in regards to the issues that have come up, but yet people seem to think that we think the game is perfectly fine and we're ignoring everything. That is definitely not the case. There is a difference between the game being perfect and the game being playable. For many people, the game is still playable even with all of the annoying things that have come as a result of both of these patches. Basically the falsehood that we think nothing is wrong is just that...a falsehood. Deleting a post has nothing to do with our stance on the game, and our effort to help fix what is broken.

Then why delete it, tell me what isn't factual in the letter? At least offer us that. The letter didn't say that efforts weren't made to fix the issues, it did say that the efforts made things worse. So again I say, what is not truthful in the letter. I know it may be hard for you to admit, but it is a very well written letter and it is factual.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomberwrestler View Post
    I will say this as a long time Utopian. You can slam the source all you want. I know that Utopia went away from NCAA a long time ago, and I know that it made some on this site very unhappy. But if you read the letter for what it is you know its true. This game has more issues than the franchise has ever had, and it isnt close at all. The letter wasnt malicious or directed towards the community or the community reps as a slam. It was a very well stated letter that has merit. Dont censor the letter because you disagree with the source. There are still many Utopians who enjoy the game and want it to be a enjoyable experience. The fact that multiple OD's that have been around for years are no longer active because of these issues speaks to the merit of the letter.

Look past the issues, and how the separation of the two communities went down and see the meaning of the letter. It's meaning is to grab the attention of the community and understand the issues are not getting fixed. Of course they say they are trying to work on it, but when your fixes break the working elements something had to change.
    I read the letter before it was deleted and thought it was well written and fair...then I read the 'ps' part. It then became a bunch of horseshit. If it was genuine that sentence would have never been typed. That negated everything In my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it's more believed that we are sweeping this all under the rug and ignoring the situation, when in essence it's completely the opposite. Our stance is obvious. Deleting the "open letter" has nothing to do with our stance that has always been out in the open.
    How can deleting something that agrees with your supposed "stance" have nothing to do with it? That's nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by mnguy View Post
    How can deleting something that agrees with your supposed "stance" have nothing to do with it? That's nonsense.
    What's nonsense is questioning our stance which has been clear for the 16 months we have existed.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    This was exactly what I was afraid of. While I don't care to read the ramblings of someone from Utopia who has a vendetta against EA and can't see straight because of their hatred for them, I think it's quite wrong to squelch the ability to post it here as this is a place to discuss, as a community, the issues with the franchise. I knew, sooner or later, a line was going to be drawn in the sand for this website on how to handle something like that and could possibly enter into the "anything bad is going to be deleted" domain that is one of the main issues with Operation Sports and other forums for this franchise.

We have relayed a lot of information in regards to the issues that have come up, but yet people seem to think that we think the game is perfectly fine and we're ignoring everything. That is definitely not the case. There is a difference between the game being perfect and the game being playable. For many people, the game is still playable even with all of the annoying things that have come as a result of both of these patches. Basically the falsehood that we think nothing is wrong is just that...a falsehood. Deleting a post has nothing to do with our stance on the game, and our effort to help fix what is broken.
    Yes there is a difference but when did that matter. The game may very well be playable, but it isnt enjoyable. Tell me how fun it is when your OD that goes 20 or more seasons every edition of the game cant be played because the commish cant enter the dynasty. Tell me how fun it is to play a hard fought game only to have the results not count. Not to mention the other issues. The fact that you sit here and say its till playable shows your side. Its a joke to think that this is the kind of attitude is being used when it comes to this game. The game is broken and not certain community members try to stand up and we get squashed because we dont play by EA rules.

You can say what you want about Utopia, but we are the only site that has the balls to stand up and speak our mind. You can say your not ignoring the issues and your not being accused otherwise. But censoring your site, because it may cause some issues is a shame and you know it. You all are grown men and you spend your hard earned money every year on this game, oh wait no you don't...maybe its all starting to make sense now.

Also the PS wasnt a jab. It was factual, the gentlemen who composed the letter are not allowed to post over here and a few other sites. You may ask why, and its clear we dont play by EA's rules and therefore we are not allowed on a lot of the community sites. It may have been poorly worded but it was a very true statement.
    Last edited by Bomberwrestler; 09-14-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I read the letter before it was deleted and thought it was well written and fair...then I read the 'ps' part. It then became a bunch of horseshit. If it was genuine that sentence would have never been typed. That negated everything In my eyes.
    So taking a shot at TGT totally negates all the problems with the game that were addressed? They weren't trying to "rebuild the bridge" they're trying to get the communities on the same page to get EA to get their game up to par. It's like work, you don't have to like someone to work on a project with them. You know the work has to get done, so you overcome the obstacles to get that job done.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    This is a sticky situation I understand why its not being posted, but in a sense I think it should be posted. Though I do think its quite futile.
    you balance pretty good on a fence, fall one way or the other would you LOL

the fact of the matter is, the game was at least decent and likeable before the patch( even though a major promise didnt deliver cleanly).. but the company did a very poor job on the patch . And its been enough days to hear what they intend to do,.... if anything ?

LOL I think they made a slight mistake with those 4 shows because now trolls know the names of the people and what they look like..thats a little kidding around guys, not an attack on anyone

What's nonsense is questioning our stance which has been clear for the 16 months we have existed.
    If your stance was truly clear, the letter wouldn't have been deleted in the first place.

Yep...horseshit. This isn't work. This is a fucking GAME. I don't have to listen to all that hatred over a fucking GAME. If sites want to be taken seriously they should act seriously. Not like 8 yr olds.

If your stance was truly clear, the letter wouldn't have been deleted in the first place.
    exactly, if this letter would have been written by a TGT member or another EA "approved" community it would have been welcomed and would have a serious debate going on. But sense it was a Utopia based letter it was deleted. Fact is you can say what you want JB but you know that it was valid, it does nothing but support your "stance".

This is more about ego than it is about the game on this end and you can tell.

So taking a shot at TGT totally negates all the problems with the game that were addressed? They weren't trying to "rebuild the bridge" they're trying to get the communities on the same page to get EA to get their game up to par. It's like work, you don't have to like someone to work on a project with them. You know the work has to get done, so you overcome the obstacles to get that job done.
    It's not the shots at us, it's because the writer of that letter makes constant jokes towards Ben and Anthony White as well. Personal attacks really get everyone on the same page to get EA to get their game up to par!!!

So when someone who posts irresponsible shit like that all the time all of a sudden writes something that has some good points, we're supposed to believe he's being genuine? He's not posting here for a reason; therefore, his posts don't really need to be relayed by other people over here because we truly know many things that source has posted in the past. Like I said, our stance on making this game better has not changed since we started this site. Just take a look around at the various things that we have done and are doing to improve this franchise. Again we are not happy with the problems this game has had, we are not ignoring them, but at the same time at least we're not making irresponsible attacks then trying to become a martyr by coming up with an open letter that is supposed to make us forget the source.

It's not the shots at us, it's because the writer of that letter makes constant jokes towards Ben and Anthony White as well. Personal attacks really get everyone on the same page to get EA to get their game up to par!!!

So when someone who posts irresponsible shit like that all the time all of a sudden writes something that has some good points, we're supposed to believe he's being genuine? He's not posting here for a reason; therefore, his posts don't really need to be relayed by other people over here because we truly know many things that source has posted in the past. Like I said, our stance on making this game better has not changed since we started this site. Just take a look around at the various things that we have done and are doing to improve this franchise. Again we are not happy with the problems this game has had, we are not ignoring them, but at the same time at least we're not making irresponsible attacks then trying to become a martyr by coming up with an open letter that is supposed to make us forget the source.
    My understanding is that ther term "extending an olive branch" means that you are willing to change. The source is willing to change to get at least some unified force together to get EA to realize the community isn't happy with their product.

My understanding is that ther term "extending an olive branch" means that you are willing to change. The source is willing to change to get at least some unified force together to get EA to realize the community isn't happy with their product.
    Jesus dude. Did you not read the 'ps' part!?? That's not an olive branch...that's the same ol shit branch!