Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Open Letter from “A Dying Vine”

• Facebook
  • Display
    That video was great I don't normally watch attached videos but I was bored and it was well worth it.

Fuck is now amongst my favorite cures words. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Fuck is now amongst my favorite cures words. LOL
    One of these days, it will cure cancer

Unless you are married then you are equally screwed.

Truthfully, I couldn't care less what the morons on any other site have to say about this site. Just don't bring the dumb shit over here. Stay where you are. We don't want you and we don't want to be there. Plain and simple
    its not like real life where you want to stay out of another neighborhood. site surfing is/can be fun....but a few guys there are still pretty immature LOL

Look, I like both sites and I read way more on both sites than I ever respond to, as evidenced by my post count here and my recent post count there. But to say one side has been acting childish, and the other has been a model of upstanding citizenry is not wholly accurate. gschwendt, cdj, and others have responded civilly the whole time.

JB, you at times have responded with some of the same vitriol that you accuse Utopia of (why it is referred to as "the other site" has always eluded me). And I did not bump a post that was 4 days old. I responded to a comment from this morning. But before I responded, I went back and read through some of this thread and saw some of the same types of things in your comments that you have constantly complained about from Utopia. Then mors decided to say that no one from here has responded in kind and that is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Please point to where that happened by anyone that's a mod in this community? You guys REALLY need to drop the shit and get a life.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsump112 View Post
    mors, I try not to get into the attacking back and forth, but look at well over half of JB's posts in this thread to see where this has happened by a mod in this community.
    Mors this should answer your question. And further more my comments were directed at mods from both sites. Also I consider myself to be a member of both sites. I even tried to kick start the strategy thread with some of my post. Things just move a bit faster over on Utopia than they do here. If you want to do the research, Im usually the guy that supports some sort of civility over on utopia. I know the backstory behind the split and disagreed with it from the jump. While it grew the community it also split us right down the middle. Immaturity on anybody's part gets us nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by rsump112 View Post
    Look, I like both sites and I read way more on both sites than I ever respond to, as evidenced by my post count here and my recent post count there. But to say one side has been acting childish, and the other has been a model of upstanding citizenry is not wholly accurate. gschwendt, cdj, and others have responded civilly the whole time.

JB, you at times have responded with some of the same vitriol that you accuse Utopia of
    (why it is referred to as "the other site" has always eluded me). And I did not bump a post that was 4 days old. I responded to a comment from this morning. But before I responded, I went back and read through some of this thread and saw some of the same types of things in your comments that you have constantly complained about from Utopia. Then mors decided to say that no one from here has responded in kind and that is BS.
    Well said.
    Last edited by Keontez; 09-24-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keontez View Post
    I know the backstory behind the split
    You do? No offense, but I would say that is highly unlikely. You may have been told something, but that doesn't make it so. Feel free to PM me your version and I'll gladly let you know how close it matches the conversations that took place in April of last year.

At this point, I'm tired of free advertising/bashing of other websites. If you don't like something we do, tell us. If you don't like what another site does, tell their staff. People should post where they want, but they shouldn't act shocked when TGT, OS, pastapadre, etc. all have different rules Terms of Service.

If someone has a problem with a mod or member here, PM me (if you wish to stay anonymous), Report a Post or e-mail the staff account.

If this thread continues in a pattern of stoking fires or provoking fights among community members, different websites, etc. we'll have no choice but to shut it down.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    The funny thing is this thread was dead for four days and people from other places decided to bump it again
    Maybe some of us are patiently waiting for others to respond from the initial post. I've got to admit, the wait time feels like an EA patch process.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy38 View Post
    Maybe some of us are patiently waiting for others to respond from the initial post. I've got to admit, the wait time feels like an EA patch process.
    Who is "us"? I thought the initial post in this thread was an 'open letter.' Open letters typically do not lead to people waiting for responses.

It is clear "some of us" need to learn to read. Way back in post #247 I said that this thread will not continue if people use it to call out or stoke fights among community members. Waiting 48 hours does not mean that statements from admins can be ignored.

If people have some sort of perceived problem with random strangers on the internet, either ignore them or PM them to hash out the issues.

This thread is done.