Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Plus

• Facebook
  • Display
    Gears has so many lil 10 year olds glitching all damn day to ruin the fun for me...but loved Hoard mode....I'd love to see the entire campaign co-op.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Sales shouldn't even matter when it comes to maps.
    Sales, and by proxy community size, shouldn't influence how much extra money is pumped into a game to make DLC? You've got to be shitting me.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

It shouldn't. Each time the DLC packs were released for Killzone 2, they were number 1 on the store's download list. The same exact were true for all of U2's map pack, so there's obviously a pretty huge demand for them. As is the case with Uncharted, they ditched Uncharted 2 the second they started working on U3 and GG ditched KZ2 the second they started working on KZ3. It's understandable, but you'd think they would have enough respect for their community to continue supporting their previous game while they're making the sequel.

It's understandable, but you'd think they would have enough respect for their community to continue supporting their previous game while they're making the sequel.
    Eh, but not every company has the resources (or is willing to pay for the resources) to do that, to be honest. I agree that's how it should be done, but expecting it is just asking for disappointment, imo.

This is true. You would just think that Sony would support the Killzone and Uncharted titles just a bit more. A little advertising and more support from the developers and you're probably looking at Halo and Gears sales numbers because aside from the lack of support, the games are pretty much neck and neck in terms of quality. Oh well, one can dream, right?

Gears, I'll grant you, other titles could catch. But nothing's going to be Halo in terms of sales numbers. That brand is just too good. Even the next Bungie title probably won't get the numbers.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I never understood what was so special about Halo. The story was pretty much the same stuff that all shooters use (super-human like soldier that himself takes down armada of aliens/other bad things to save the world). The design for the game was pretty simplistic (ballistics, energy weapons, and a knockoff of the lightsabre). The only thing that was even remotely innovative was the shield/health system. Just never got the craze over Halo but it also wasn't anywhere close to the first FPS I'd ever played and maybe that's the reason why. I guess when you've played Doom, Doom 2, Wolfenstein, Blake Stone, Quake, Quake 2, Blood, Hexen, Heretic, and many other early FPSs, you really aren't blown away by generic retread stuff like Halo...

Agreed to all points. I think Halo took off because of XBLA. Though why we had LAN parties and the like for Halo was beyond me ... there were so many other shooters that you could have a LAN party for.

I personally love the story in the Halo games. Halo 3 is one of my favorite campaigns all time, while Halo: Reach is far and away my favorite. There's a certain atmosphere that Bungie seems to be able to tap into that no other developer can really bring into their games. The final scene in Halo: Reach was simply awe inspiring.

Halo has the atmosphere, I certainly agree, but the story does boil down to a rather generic one. But, with a presentation like Halo, atmosphere is everything.

Yeah, the story is definitely generic. However, Halo, unlike MANY other games..is actually expanding upon their universe with every game. Way too many games created in awesome universes don't fully delve into the story..and that is something Halo definitely does beautifully. Sony is close to doing so with Killzone and Uncharted, so hopefully they'll take advantage of that over the next few in those series.

I think there is supposed to be something decent for free on PS+ on 1/4, but I forget what it is

Edit: oh yeah, Lead & Gold for free....

December 18th update includes mini Hero of Sparta for free, Scott Pilgrim vs the World for $5, and the release of Modern Combat: Domination for a discounted price of $5.99. Boom.

December 18th update includes mini Hero of Sparta for free, Scott Pilgrim vs the World for $5, and the release of Modern Combat: Domination for a discounted price of $5.99. Boom.
    January McFly

Already have Pilgrim, what's this Modern Combat you're oozing over?

Looks pretty damn cool. I'm tempted to buy it (since I can't fuckin' stand what Treyarch did to Modern Warfare...)

Oooooh nice.....for $6 hell yes.

But it doesn't have a release date does it? Or is it Playstation Plus only? I couldn't find it in the Store...
    Last edited by morsdraconis; 01-06-2011 at 09:41 AM.

It's a slowed down and much more tactical version of Call of Duty that has 100% full support for the Move(or DS3 if you prefer). I'm pretty sure it's coming out 1/18(because that's when the discount goes in effect for Plus members - so I guess technically it could release 1/11). $5.99 for Plus members, $7.99 for everyone else. Still...a GREAT bargain.
    Last edited by I OU a Beatn; 01-06-2011 at 10:05 AM.

I'm guessing it comes out 1/18...there are times where things that are released are in PS+ same day. The Undead pack for RDR was that way.

Oh ok. There was just talk like it was already out (OU putting 12/18 instead of 1/18 confused me and then I couldn't find basically anything about it online just confused me more). I will definitely be purchasing it when it's available.