Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Plus

• Facebook
  • Display
    Pretty good article on IGN of a couple of guys tracking their PS+ investments. To me I've already received a great ROI....especially when all five Sam & Max episodes are free, along with the new Sackboy game.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1102752p1.html

I've already gone way over positive. The really cool thing is that I still have almost a year left and they're just now starting to pump out the really good deals. Looking forward to the coming months, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I've already gone way over positive. The really cool thing is that I still have almost a year left and they're just now starting to pump out the really good deals. Looking forward to the coming months, for sure.
    Yeah I'm positive that I'm in the positive. The only bummer was some of the early free games I had already purchased.

I'm fairly confident I'm not in the positive, but I've also gotten several things I wouldn't have otherwise.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

As per the PS Blog, ALL PS+ subscribers are getting an invitation to the DC Universe beta. Awesome.

As per the PS Blog, ALL PS+ subscribers are getting an invitation to the DC Universe beta. Awesome.
    No shit? NICE.

A Space Shooter for Two Bucks! launches Dec 21 on PSN for surprising price of $1.99 (free for Plus subscribers) http://bit.ly/enSf5T

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttt!

Another pretty cool perk just announced for PS+ members...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/...ign=MAG_122010

We’re extremely excited to announce that starting tomorrow, on December 21, MAG will be available in its entirety as a full game download on the PlayStation Store.

Priced identically to its boxed “Greatest Hits” counterpart, the downloadable version of MAG (4.7 GB) will run you a mere $29.99 and come complete with all the bells and whistles found in our patches up to v2.10.

To celebrate its release, PlayStation Plus users can try MAG out for free with an exclusive full game trial! Members can play the game and any of its original modes at no charge for as long as their PlayStation Plus membership lasts, with their only limitation being a level 8 character cap. However, members will continue to earn experience as long as they play the game, allowing them to automatically receive credit for time played once they’ve purchased the full product.

Membership has its benefits, yes?

(not sure if having a level cap at 8 hinders you or not? but I may actually jump in and play some now)

Did some reading up and it looks like the level cap is 70 for regular MAG buyers....but I really am not going to play all that much, so I don't care....but I will download and give it a whirl.

Yeah, you wont have jack at level 8. That's only a few weapon upgrades available at that level and you'll be consistently getting your ass owned with the weapons you'll have, lol. No one plays it anymore, anyway, so it's probably a waste of a download. Hence why 99% of my gaming is done on 360 now. Sony and their developers don't support their online games at all.

Hence why 99% of my gaming is done on 360 now. Sony and their developers don't support their online games at all.
    I swear, you are a bipolar gamer.

Yeah MAG free download on the PSN for PS+ members is cool, but I can get the full game for under $12 - http://www.amazon.com/MAG-Playstatio...8&s=videogames

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I swear, you are a bipolar gamer.
    I probably am. When I'm in the mood for multiplayer, I swear by the 360. When I'm in the mood for single player, which is getting really rare these days, I'll hop on my PS3. It just pisses me off how terrible Sony is at listening to their customers and how shitty their online service is. We've been asking for cross game chat and a party system for 2 or 3 years now, and they still haven't even acknowledged they're even working on it.

Then, as I said, you have the lack of support for their online games. Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 were blockbuster titles and they released a whopping 6 DLC maps a piece for each of those. That's exactly why those communities died so fast. Gears 2 has received at least 15 DLC maps and that community is flourishing just like it always has been, and it's been out 4 months longer than Killzone 2, and over a whole year longer than Uncharted 2.

MAG is dead online solely because Sony and their developers don't support their title. It's been out since January and it's received a whopping total of...you guessed it...6 DLC maps.

A game I've been wanting to try will be free in January....Lead & Gold

PlayStation Plus subscribers growing weary of the DC Universe Online beta will be glad to read that a new trio of free games awaits them in the coming calendar year. PSN multiplayer game Lead & Gold: Gangs of the Wild West, PlayStation classic Spyro the Dragon, and PSN Mini Pipe Madness will unlock for free to all PS Plus members as of January 4, 2011. A handful of discounts will also become available, as well as a duo of featured themes and avatars.

For those of you not yet enjoying December's PS Plus spoils, you've got until the aforementioned January date to snag 'em -- Dead Nation for $12 instead of $15? Yes, please! That said, at this point, you'll likely be the third or fourth person queuing up to speak with Superman in DCUO, but hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

Well GameFly is selling MAG for $9.99

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    MAG is just an awful FPS. You have to invest 30 or 40 hours to really have any fun at all and then unless you actually know someone that's still playing it (not likely) you're still pretty much just wasting your time. The lag is horrendous as well...

It was fun as hell during the beta and the first 2 or 3 months after launch. After that...it's a generic FPS that no one even bothers playing anymore. If the community still existed that played it during the opening month or two, I'd still be playing 2 or 3 hours every day. To this day, my most played online game ever hour wise is MAG, which something like 350 hours...and that's just the retail game. I had another 100+ hours invested into the beta. My next closest is Gears 2 which is right around 220.

I probably am. When I'm in the mood for multiplayer, I swear by the 360. When I'm in the mood for single player, which is getting really rare these days, I'll hop on my PS3. It just pisses me off how terrible Sony is at listening to their customers and how shitty their online service is.
    Supply and demand. So many people are on the 360 and XBL that it makes sense to release tons of DLC maps for it. I think practically everyone that has both consoles has made the exact same choice. And a lot of people that don't have both consoles probably made their choice based on exactly what you're saying. Do I take the shooter console (360 with Halo, GoW, etc) or the single-player console (PS3 with Uncharted series, Ratchet & Clank series, etc).

I mean, for goodness sake, you're talking about Gears of War 2 ... a Game of the Year candidate and the 7th best selling game of the year, versus a game (Killzone 2) that took over two months to sell a million copies. Uncharted 2 is a more fair comparison ... except that I'd say multiplayer wasn't the big seller there. Maybe it was (after all, wasn't the beta pure multiplayer?), and I'll admit I could be wrong, but I don't see it. According to vgchartz, MAG worldwide is just over a million sales too. So ... GoW 2: 5+ million copies, 15 DLC maps ... Uncharted 2 + Killzone 2 + MAG: 4 million + 1 million + 1 million ... 6+ million copies, 18 DLC maps. Wow, that looks about right, wouldn't you say?

It's all in how you look at things. Uncharted 2 isn't that far behind Gears of War 2 in terms of sales numbers. I'm pretty sure Uncharted 2 recently went over 4 million, or they're at least close to it. The community aspect for the XBL games is just so much more prevalent. A lot of the changes you see today in Gears of War 2 are solely because of the feedback Epic Games received on their forums. The developers are constantly a presence on the forums and listening to feedback...even engaging in some of the discussion to offer their feedback. Bungie is the exact same way.

Look at Uncharted 2. The game was drastically changed from how it was when it launched. A VERY small group of players wanted COD-style health, and for some dumbfounded reason, they patched that in. Not only did they piss off probably 75% of their community, but pretty much ruined how the game was originally played. Killzone 2 to Killzone 3 is the same way, and may actually prevent me from buying. Once again, a few people whined about the controls and bullet damage in Killzone 2...and guess what they changed in Killzone 3, or at least in the beta. Super fast controls and 4 or 5 hit for a kill.

Sales shouldn't even matter when it comes to maps. Killzone 2 is the flag ship online shooter for PS3 and like I said, it got a whopping 6 DLC maps. That's ridiculous. If Sony were to actually support their titles and listen to the respective communities of those said titles, the PS3 would by default start selling better in America. In case they haven't noticed, that's what a lot of American gamers want...a well connected and social experience to play their online multiplayer games.