Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation Plus

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Just got my PS+ set up! I see a couple of golden pluses already on my friends list

I already have Wipeout HD .... QUACK
    Ha, I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to sign up. I immediately downloaded the update as soon as it was available, and signed up about 5 minutes after that. Too bad there isn't like a $10,000 reward to the first 100 subscribers. I'm confident I would've gotten it.

Your Plus sign isn't showing up on mine. Mine is the only one on my list that is, which is weird.

I see a Plus next to IOU and my name, but not JBs. I even signed out and signed back in to see if that would trigger it.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Ha, I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to sign up. I immediately downloaded the update as soon as it was available, and signed up about 5 minutes after that. Too bad there isn't like a $10,000 reward to the first 100 subscribers. I'm confident I would've gotten it.

Your Plus sign isn't showing up on mine. Mine is the only one on my list that is, which is weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I see a Plus next to IOU and my name, but not JBs. I even signed out and signed back in to see if that would trigger it.
    Wonder if I have to log out in order to have it show up.

I clicked on my name to sync it up to the network. I see mine, but not CDJ's or JB's. Did you guys try synchronizing by checking your trophies? I bet that's the issue.

It took a while for IOUs to show up as well. It showed up when I was downloading the photo gallery update. I'm interested in seeing how that works with the FB tie-in. The Video Editor seems nice, but won't work with copy-protected vids or any vids put on the HD with FW before 3.40 (fail), so I guess I won't be testing that for a while.

Speaking of which, I'm confused by the new Facebook integration. It that an actual Facebook app on facebook.com, or is that something on my PS3? Either way, how do I access it?

Speaking of which, I'm confused by the new Facebook integration. It that an actual Facebook app on facebook.com, or is that something on my PS3? Either way, how do I access it?
    Go to Account Management, select Facebook at the bottom, and turn any of the settings to ON and it should ask you for your FB account info. I have my Trophy, Purchases, and Events all set to OFF but JB has his set to ON so I know how they work. I'm assuming once the Photo Gallery update is finished, it will either tie into the account or ask for info again.

I don't know what 'Events' are and what games have that aspect.

Yeah, I've got that working. I meant the new stuff they incorporated. I posted it in the PS3 Discussion thread when I was talking about the firmware update earlier. There's pictures and it looks like it's on the actual facebook.com site, but I can't seem to find it. Unless of course I just completely misunderstood the post.

That's in the Photo Gallery and when you select it, it prompts you to download the 110 MB update. I have a slow connection, so I'm waiting for it to finish to see what it actually does. Could be a cool feature. Aaron Boulding of ESPN just uploaded some pics to his FB account from his PS3. He seemed pretty pleased/excited about it.

Ahh, that might be it then. I'll have to download it and give it a go.

FOUND IT! This is the app I was talking about. As I thought, it's on the actual facebook site and not your PS3.

Nice find! Forgot about that aspect. Now I just need my friends to use the app.

I'm in....nice!

Automatic updates are pretty cool. I set it to download between 2 and 4am, so I logged on this morning and it gave me a list of things that it had downloaded. It downloaded the Fat Princess patch, which went live around 3am last night, so apparently it searches for updates the entire time it's on. However, it didn't download the patches for Wipeout HD. I wish it would search for updates for ALL your games, but it's still a nifty feature to have.

Guess I'll be getting this here soon now

I clicked on my name to sync it up to the network. I see mine, but not CDJ's or JB's. Did you guys try synchronizing by checking your trophies? I bet that's the issue.
    That's probably it.

Automatic updates are pretty cool. I set it to download between 2 and 4am, so I logged on this morning and it gave me a list of things that it had downloaded. It downloaded the Fat Princess patch, which went live around 3am last night, so apparently it searches for updates the entire time it's on. However, it didn't download the patches for Wipeout HD. I wish it would search for updates for ALL your games, but it's still a nifty feature to have.
    I'll have to go into the settings and mess around.

I think automatic updates are fucked up a bit. It downloaded a patch for Fat Princess(which I haven't played in forever), but didn't download a patch for Wipeout HD(never played before) OR the Medal of Honor Beta(which I played last 3 or 4 days ago). I'd really like to see the actual specifications the PS3 looks for when it chooses which game it downloads updates for.

The one thing I like about it is that when you boot it up the following morning, it'll tell you which game it downloaded updates for, which is nice.

I don't follow this stuff near as much as I'd like to so bear with me here guys. Is the full feature list the one posted in this thread or is that just the newest bunch of info? I seem to remember something about cloud storage? Could someone post a link or 2 that might help me better understand the full scope of this feature? I'm at work & don't wanna surf around too much trying to piece together all the info.

Also, someone earlier in this thread (I think it might've been IOU) said something to the effect that this "pays for itself", what were you referring to? Thanks in advance for the patience & help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    I don't follow this stuff near as much as I'd like to so bear with me here guys. Is the full feature list the one posted in this thread or is that just the newest bunch of info? I seem to remember something about cloud storage? Could someone post a link or 2 that might help me better understand the full scope of this feature? I'm at work & don't wanna surf around too much trying to piece together all the info.

Also, someone earlier in this thread (I think it might've been IOU) said something to the effect that this "pays for itself", what were you referring to? Thanks in advance for the patience & help.
    You basically are getting $50 worth of free games and content right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post

Here's a good article:

First off, at launch, PlayStation Plus will offer subscribers the full PlayStation Network game, WipEout HD, PSP minis and PS One Classics such as Fieldrunners, Age of Zombies and Rally Cross, full game trial of inFAMOUS, as well as free monthly episodes of Qore – our high-definition, interactive gaming lifestyle show.

With that, here are the basics of the new subscription service that lives on top of the current PlayStation Network:

* The current PSN features will remain free. We are still very committed to PSN as a free comprehensive entertainment service and are certainly not planning on reducing this service following the launch of PlayStation Plus.
    * PlayStation Plus is an evolving service and the features included at launch will be:
    o Games
    o PS Store Discounts
    o Exclusive offers on select demos, betas and early purchases
    o Full Game Trial
    o Automatic Downloads

(More info on these below)
    * PlayStation Plus can be purchased through PlayStation Store on PS3 as a one-year package or a three-month package. The three-month package is available for $17.99 and the one-year package will be available for $49.99. We will also be offering three additional bonus months for free if you purchase the 1-year package — that’s 15 months total for $49.99.
    * Payment is a one-time fee for either package and can be purchased with any of the current PSN Store payment methods – credit card or PSN Cards.

Here are more details on the features of PlayStation Plus:

Games & Special Offers: As a subscriber, you can expect to get your hands on free monthly PSN games, minis and PS One Classics from the PSN Store. You will be able to download these games during the month they are available until the new selection replaces them.

Once downloaded, the games are yours to keep and play as long as you are a member of PlayStation Plus. If your subscription lapses and then you re-subscribe, the games you have already downloaded will reactivate, so you still have access to them. Additionally, if you delete one of the titles from your PS3, but decide you want to get it back, then you can re-download from the PlayStation Plus section of the PSN Store if the game is still there, or, if the game has expired from the PlayStation Plus section of the PSN Store, you can simply search for it on PS Store and download it again at no extra cost.

Each month there will be dynamic themes, premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons for you to download and many will be exclusive to PlayStation Plus members only. These are yours to keep forever once you have downloaded them.

PlayStation Plus subscribers will also be given exclusive PlayStation Store discounts each month that are above and beyond the current PSN Store discounts available to everyone. These discounts will range from 20% to 50%, and anything you buy with these is yours to keep and enjoy forever.

Finally, wherever possible we’ll be making sure that members are included in selected demos and beta trials before they go live to everyone else, so you can be the one to tell all your friends about the next big game they ‘must’ get.

Subscribers will get hundreds of dollars of value through the year and, in the first month alone, will receive more than $50 worth of content.

Full Game Trial: Each month we will be offering members the chance to download full games and try them out for a period of time (one hour, unless otherwise stated). After the game trial is complete, simply purchase the game to carry on where you left off. This is a unique way to trial the full game experience and means you don’t have to be restricted to certain levels/game modes when you test out a game.

The games in Full Game Trial will become available to all PS Store users to purchase, but only PlayStation Plus members will have the chance to ‘try before you buy’.

The other great thing about this feature is that you can continue from where you were at the end of the trial period if you decide to buy the game. All game saves and trophies earned during the trial will be unlocked and will show up on your trophy list and your trophy level when you purchase the game. You don’t even have to re-download the game, just purchase and go back to the XMB to access the game.

Automatic Download: Subscribers will be able to set their PS3 to wake up from standby at any time of the day or night, download and install any game updates for the games you have been playing so you don’t have to think about it. Also, select demos and videos will be pushed to your PS3 ready to go. System software updates will also download automatically (manual install still required) and then the PS3 will turn itself off again.

Game updates and demos will also automatically install and the next time you turn on your PS3 you will see a brief on-screen message letting you know what has been downloaded and updated.

Here are some more answers to frequently asked questions from the last blog post:

* Cross-game voice chat is a feature we know our passionate user base has asked for and we’ll continue to look at as a viable offering for the PlayStation Network.
    * You need to be the master account holder on the PS3 and be over 18 to purchase PlayStation Plus, but other accounts on that PS3 will be able to play the games you download for as long as you are a subscriber.
    * The “free” games you can download each month are yours to keep for as long as you are a subscriber.
    * PlayStation Plus is for PS3 owners as subscribership can only be purchased on the PSN Store. However, some of the content – minis and PS One Classics – available each month will also be playable on your PSP if you have one. Download them on the PS3 and transfer to your PSP, or download directly from the PSP Store or Media Go for PSP.

PlayStation Plus is a continually evolving service and we are always working on identifying new partnerships, developing new features and providing new content that our users want. So thanks again for all your comments and questions and please continue to offer more ideas at PlayStation.Blog Share.