Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (Xbox 360) Official The Gaming Tailgate Dynasty League

• Facebook
  • Display
    I also believe that with the group of guys we have playing, we shouldn't have to be concerned with rules. I believe the recruiting slider will take care of the recruiting issue big dynasties had in the past (all of the users getting the best recruits). I don't want us to split into two dynasties because of rules, I really would like to play with the group we have signed on so far.

This is our first "THE OFFICIAL TGTD" so lets start it off with a bang! If we see a need for putting limitations on things as we get deeper into the dynasty then we can deal with it then.

Quote Originally Posted by lilheavy View Post
    I also believe that with the group of guys we have playing, we shouldn't have to be concerned with rules. I believe the recruiting slider will take care of the recruiting issue big dynasties had in the past (all of the users getting the best recruits). I don't want us to split into two dynasties because of rules, I really would like to play with the group we have signed on so far.

This is our first "THE OFFICIAL TGTD" so lets start it off with a bang! If we see a need for putting limitations on things as we get deeper into the dynasty then we can deal with it then.
    Again agreed.

in other ODs I've been in, the main purpose of "limiting" scholarship was more to help the CPU's recruiting by not "wasting" recruits. so if you have 12 seniors, and you recruit a full 25 players. you'll basically be wasting 13 players that will no longer exist after you cut them. what we normally did was create a "number of seniors +3 rule", encase you had players that left early/transferred. so if you have 12 seniors, you could give out 15 scholarships. in an NCAA '09 OD, there was actually someone that only had 3 seniors, but still recruited 25 players and he had to cut 22 players from his roster. most were 4 and 5 star recruits. that is just crazy.

personally, I don't see many reasons to recruit more than you need anyway, but I'll go with whatever we decide on. I've never been that good of a recruiter anyway.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I have no problem with no rules. I just don't want to get to my first User vs User game and see someone hike the ball and sprinting back 10 yards, launching nothing but deep passes and throwing to the flats, going for it on 4th and 20, rocket catching, user moving multiple people on defense to create nano blitzes, and bullshit like that. That'll make me VERY pissed off. I play ODs to have fun with people that like to play Sim football. If I wanted to play assholes like that, I'd play online against random fucknuts.

I'm fine with rules like that, but recruiting rules seem like they would be unnecessary.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'm just not a fan of limitations at all, I would rather just play and not have to worry about what I'm doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I really like the idea of trying to keep it realistic, but I also understand people who just want to play and that's it.

Personally, I think the first season should be everything on default, go balls out. Could it lead to some stacked teams/rosters? Possibly....but I think we should work hard in the first season to see what issues/problems actually do pop up so we can pass that on to EA. From there, we consider what limitations and rules to put in place for season two and beyond after seeing what happens and discussion with all team owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    I'm fine with rules like that, but recruiting rules seem like they would be unnecessary.
    I agree with all of the above. Why not play it out the first season and then come season 2, if we need to put something in place we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I agree with all of the above. Why not play it out the first season and then come season 2, if we need to put something in place we can.
    I Agree..

I like rules too , but like said before we have a great group of guys ready to go ...

Quote Originally Posted by lilheavy View Post

+2

Well, I'm up in the air on recruiting rules for a league like this.

PLUS POINTS - Certainly would auto level the playing field between player and cpu. Recruiting becomes more difficult but you learn to adjust your priorities for your team. It doesn't mean you give up on high caliber guys, but you "build" a team on specialized attributes. Without form subs or capable ratings, that's really very difficult, but with them, it is highly possible.

Another thing is with online recruiting and the additional online stuff, it will be much easier and faster this year to keep your list updated. Drag and drop would allow you to easily keep the top #(?) players on your board and not be too hassled. I am hoping that this is all a mute point because of the slider this season.

MINUS POINTS - I understand not having to "monitor" your every move. Extra rules take extra time to pay attention to. To keep a high pace going, it's extra stuff that could be tedious.

That being said, the first things that I think about this group are efficient, intelligent and honorable (in a gaming sense). We've "known" each other for a while I think, and I'm sure that we would, and will be mostly football straight players. Based on majority so far, it seems like we want to just play a season and see what happens. BUT, we will have a week or two with the game before named rosters are set most likely, so finding major flaws is easily attainable before we roll.

On rules in general, solely based on majority so far, I would say 3 things:

(1) I think our group of guys is dedicated and experienced enough to understand flaws in the game. After release, let's collectively bring any major gameplay issues we see to the table and vote on them as possible league rules in that first week. This is what TF management and dynasty commissioners will be doing to come up with their rules, but we have a different group of guys, so we'll probably want to play it a bit different. Mors I know is experienced in searching for recruiting exploits and progression from over there, so he, and probably at least a few of our group will research that aspect in depth as well and we can check back in as a group on any possible issues.

(2) If we have any problems with certain members (I wouldn't think so though), we can always vote on their need of replacement.

(3) If there is anything that we as individuals normally play with, that we might have a question about "is it cheesing, or not" let's bring it to the table now and find out what the rest of the group feels. We are probably capable of making a very enjoyable league with few to no additional rule sets, but there ARE many unspoken rules out there, like Mors was saying. Basically a rule set just makes it spoken and is a good reminder so as not to be abused. On that note, there aren't many rules (at TF for example) that aren't already followed by most of us, so a rule set isn't going to put much extra work in, it's mostly just a guide for our league standards and quality fair play. So in that light, a rule set isn't going to be a bad thing. I think we could all agree on that.

I REALLY hope they are unnecessary man. I desperately want a CPU recruiting logic that works close to how humans recruit. I want to struggle recruiting with a low caliber team. I want to get good recruits but still have to fight for the elite with WVU. As it is in '10, that's completely non-existent. Hopefully the changes that they made will make it where on even Varsity it's tough to recruit with low caliber teams, but that remains to be seen.

As Jayrah said, I'll be testing the hell out of it once I get my hands on the game (hopefully close to a week early, but that remains to be seen) so anything that I see well most definitely be posted in the forums here somewhere.

Yeah, I mean, we're certainly not an "anything goes" league here. So in some form I think some rules are necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Yeah, I mean, we're certainly not an "anything goes" league here. So in some form I think some rules are necessary.
    Absolutely. And I have a list already made up, but I'm waiting to see how things work in the game before I post them for discussion. I certainly want everyone to be in agreement on this stuff, especially since it's the Official TGT dynasty and all.

But I definitely agree with CDJ about getting the game and going with it as quickly as possible. I doubt it will be more than a week, at the most, before rosters are available in some form (the dude doing the rosters on TF's forum is REALLY good and efficient with them and will probably have them done pretty quickly).

If I was one of the people that received an early copy from EA for media dynasty in my spare time I would start the rosters

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Absolutely. And I have a list already made up, but I'm waiting to see how things work in the game before I post them for discussion. I certainly want everyone to be in agreement on this stuff, especially since it's the Official TGT dynasty and all.

But I definitely agree with CDJ about getting the game and going with it as quickly as possible. I doubt it will be more than a week, at the most, before rosters are available in some form (the dude doing the rosters on TF's forum is REALLY good and efficient with them and will probably have them done pretty quickly).
    Oh for sure, Luvtotha9 has the highest regarded rosters anywhere, 5* all the way. The only thing is that he is PS3, so last year Xbox users couldn't use them. Thankfully this year we are working on getting them copied for Xbox as well. So as long as the copy guys can keep up we should be golden there. I just hope I get my mailed game copy by thursday so I can have a full weekend to play it before we get going.
    Last edited by Jayrah; 06-26-2010 at 12:34 AM.

I'll take the remaining spot in the Big East if I am able. Syracuse would be my team.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkFan View Post
    I'll take the remaining spot in the Big East if I am able. Syracuse would be my team.
    Absolutely man. Syracuse is yours. Welcome to the dynasty.

2010 schedules for our teams(Bold = user game)

West Virginia
    Spoiler: show

Sept. 4 - FCS team
    Sept. 10 - @Marshall
    Sept. 18 - Maryland
    Sept. 25 - @LSU
    Oct. 9 - UNLV
    Oct. 14 - South Florida
    Oct. 23 - Syracuse
    Oct. 29 - @Connecticut
    Nov. 13 - Cincinnati
    Nov. 20 - @Louisville
    Nov. 26 - @Pittsburgh
    Dec. 4 - Rutgers

South Florida

Sept. 4 - FCS team
    Sept. 11 - @Florida
    Sept. 25 - Western Kentucky
    Oct. 2 - Florida Atlantic
    Oct. 9 - Syracuse
    Oct. 14 - @West Virginia

Oct. 22 - @Cincinnati
    Nov. 3 - Rutgers
    Nov. 13 - @Louisville
    Nov. 20 - Pittsburgh
    Nov. 27 - @Miami(FL)
    Dec. 4 - Connecticut

Syracuse

Sept. 4 - @Akron
    Sept. 11 - @Washington
    Sept. 18 - FCS Team
    Sept. 25 - FCS Team
    Oct. 9 - @South Florida
    Oct. 16 - Pittsburgh
    Oct. 23 - @West Virginia
    Oct. 30 - @Cincinnati
    Nov. 6 - Louisville
    Nov. 13 - @Rutgers
    Nov. 20 - Connecticut
    Nov. 27 - Boston College

Michigan

Sept. 4 - Connecticut
    Sept. 11 - @Notre Dame
    Sept. 18 - FCS Team
    Sept. 25 - Bowling Green
    Oct. 2 - @Indiana
    Oct. 9 - Michigan State
    Oct. 16 - Iowa
    Oct. 30 - @Penn State
    Nov. 6 - Illinois
    Nov. 13 - @Purdue
    Nov. 20 - Wisconsin
    Nov. 27 - @Ohio State

Indiana

Sept. 2 - FCS Team
    Sept. 18 - @Western Kentucky
    Sept. 25 - Akron
    Oct. 2 - Michigan
    Oct. 9 - @Ohio State
    Oct. 16 - Arkansas State
    Oct. 23 - @Illinois
    Oct. 30 - Northwestern
    Nov. 6 - Iowa
    Nov. 13 - @Wisconsin
    Nov. 20 - Penn State
    Nov. 27 - @Purdue

Penn State

Sept. 4 - FCS Team
    Sept. 11 - @Alabama
    Sept. 18 - Kent State
    Sept. 25 - Temple
    Oct. 2 - @Iowa
    Oct. 9 - Illinois
    Oct. 23 - @Minnesota
    Oct. 30 - Michigan
    Nov. 6 - Northwestern
    Nov. 13 - @Ohio State
    Nov. 20 - Indiana
    Nov. 27 - Michigan State

Miami

Sept. 2 - FCS Team
    Sept. 11 - @Ohio State
    Sept. 23 - @Pittsburgh
    Oct. 2 - @Clemson
    Oct. 9 - Florida State
    Oct. 16 - @Duke
    Oct. 23 - North Carolina
    Oct. 30 - @Virginia
    Nov. 6 - Maryland
    Nov. 13 - Georgia Tech
    Nov. 20 - Virginia Tech
    Nov. 27 - South Florida

Virginia Tech

Sept. 6 - Boise State
    Sept. 11 - FCS Team
    Sept. 18 - East Carolina
    Sept. 25 - @Boston College
    Oct. 2 - @NC State
    Oct. 9 - Central Michigan
    Oct. 16 - Wake Forest
    Oct. 23 - Duke
    Nov. 4 - Georgia Tech
    Nov. 13 - North Carolina
    Nov. 20 - @Miami(FL)
    Nov. 27 - Virginia

Maryland

Sept. 6 - Navy
    Sept. 11 - FCS Team
    Sept. 18 - @West Virginia
    Sept. 25 - FIU
    Oct. 2 - Duke
    Oct. 16 - @Clemson
    Oct. 23 - @Boston College
    Oct. 30 - Wake Forest
    Nov. 6 - @Miami(FL)
    Nov. 13 - @Virginia
    Nov. 20 - Florida State
    Nov. 27 - NC State

Florida

Sept. 4 - Miami(OH)
    Sept. 11 - South Florida
    Sept. 18 - @Tennessee
    Sept. 28 - Kentucky
    Oct. 2 - @Alabama
    Oct. 9 - LSU
    Oct. 16 - Mississippi State
    Oct. 30 - Georgia (Neutral Site)
    Nov. 6 - Vanderbilt
    Nov. 13 - South Caolina
    Nov. 20 - FCS Team
    Nov. 27 - Florida State

Alabama

Sept. 4 - San Jose State
    Sept. 11 - Penn State
    Sept. 18 - @Duke
    Sept. 25 - @Arkansas
    Oct. 2 - Florida
    Oct. 9 - @South Carolina
    Oct. 16 - Mississippi
    Oct. 23 - @Tennessee
    Nov. 6 - @LSU
    Nov. 13 - Mississippi State
    Nov. 20 - FCS Team
    Nov. 26 - Auburn

LSU

Sept. 4 - North Carolina
    Sept. 11 - @Vanderbilt
    Sept. 18 - Mississippi State
    Sept. 25 - West Virginia
    Oct. 2 - Tennessee
    Oct. 9 - @Florida
    Oct. 16 - FCS Team
    Oct. 23 - @Auburn
    Nov. 6 - Alabama
    Nov. 13 - UL Monroe
    Nov. 20 - Mississippi
    Nov. 27 - Arkansas

Good post Solidice. Appreciate that man.

Recruit
    Thanks for then schedule post.

Are we going to substitute the FC teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Thanks for then schedule post.

Are we going to substitute the FC teams?
    Most definitely. We will not be playing the FCS team.

Recruit
    Thanks. I'm glad we are leaving the FCS teams alone.

I also wanted to say thanks for letting me join. A lot of people don't even know who I am. It's going to be weird playing with a good team. I'm always Baylor in NCAA and the 49ers in Madden.