Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (Xbox 360) Official The Gaming Tailgate Dynasty League

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

(Xbox 360) Official The Gaming Tailgate Dynasty League

Description

The Official The Gaming Tailgate Dynasty League is a collection of some of the most active members on TGT who like to play simulation football, treat people with respect, and not be cheesy buttholes.

Name: The Gaming Tailgate Dynasty (TGTD for short)
    System: Xbox 360
    Conferences: Big East, Big Ten, ACC, and SEC
    Advance Schedule: Every 72 hours or ASAP

Roster

Waiting List

Sliders and Gameplay Settings

Difficulty: All-American
    Quarter Length: 8 Minutes
    Ice the Kicker: Yes
    Auto-Sprint: No (though I think you can set it how you like, though not for sure)
    Recruiting Difficulty: All-American

Sliders

Gameplay Rules

Mainly, just don't be a cheesy bum and we'll get along fine.

There are only three rules that I'm going to put down:

1. DO NOT RESTART YOUR DAMN CPU GAMES! - I want a VERY good reason for them to be restarted otherwise I'm going to throw those results out and sim them until you lose AND I AM NOT FUCKING PLAYING AROUND ON THIS ONE
    2. Do not go for it on 4th down unless it's the 4th quarter and you are losing or if it's 3 or less yards to go on your opponent's side of the 50 yards and outside of reasonable FG range. - Don't be an ass and go for it on 4th and goal with inches to go - Be a man and kick the damn FG people unless you are losing by more than 3 points - There are such things as goalline stands in college football - Also, you better not be freakin' going for it on 4th down and you are freakin' winning the game
    3. ANY and ALL disputes with a player requires EVIDENCE of the dispute and needs to be PM'd to me, not dragged out for all to see on the forums - Be men gentlemen, not children - we are all here to enjoy a great game of football and don't wait to have to put up with childish bullshit.

Other then that, there are no OFFICIAL rules, but we EXPECT all members to play SIM football. If you have a question whether or not something is sim, most likely, it isn't so just play football like a normal person and not a cheeser and we'll all be happy campers. PLEASE don't make me not a happy camper. Thanks for reading this and good luck in your future endeavors.
    Last edited by morsdraconis; 07-17-2010 at 03:57 PM.

I think what will make this dynasty really fun is if everyone has a mic so they can talk during the game

Oh indecision. Do I root against Michigan, or root against Austin? I'm so accustomed to them being one and the same ...

EDIT: I think the Scholarship Limitation is a little overboard. An entire week or recruiting penalized per player? Also, no maneuvering room due to cuts?
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 06-23-2010 at 11:07 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Oh indecision. Do I root against Michigan, or root against Austin? I'm so accustomed to them being one and the same ...

EDIT: I think the Scholarship Limitation is a little overboard. An entire week or recruiting penalized per player? Also, no maneuvering room due to cuts?
    There shouldn't be any cuts. You recruit up to your roster limit and that's it. No recruiting over 70 and then cutting players on the team. You picked the team, you're stuck with the roster that they have, just like everyone else.

Recruit
    Scholarship limitation seems like a lot of unecsary work.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    you're stuck with the roster that they have, just like everyone else.
    Except the CPU ...

I feel like an understanding of the CPU's recruiting ability may be in order before continuing ahead with the Scholarship Limitation.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Except the CPU ...

I feel like an understanding of the CPU's recruiting ability may be in order before continuing ahead with the Scholarship Limitation.
    Well, yes and no.

Yes in that: the cpu recruiting better/more aggressively could actually put the user in a hole this year on a season by season basis with this limitation. I mean if it's just a blessing to have landed a 4 or 5* player it could be self assassination. However if the cpu evenly distributes players amongst it's teams based on prestige and aggressiveness, it will be a mute point.

No in that: I am inclined to think that this puts a lot more strategy into recruiting the players you know you'll get/want. Thinking back to the ncaa basketball series' (both 2k and ea), I think it really works well to limit them. It is a great way to keep teams together for multiple seasons so that you can't just go in and cut away the dead weight and become a super team after season X. Gotta be stealth in the building of your team so as not to end up with junk players after multiple seasons. This should be easier to accomplish this season with the recruiting addition/upgrade of *Potential*, yet won't be so easy (due to recruiting slider) so as to blow the cpu away year in and out.

***I DO personally feel like if you have 95+ rated JR's or Soph's on your team, you should be allowed equal additional offers, because the chance of them 'going pro' is high, and you can't sway them back according to our rules of conduct.

Example: you have 68 total players on your roster, 17 seniors on your team and 2 95+ rated JR's/SOPH's (that could potentially leave for the draft). The total number of scholarships you can have active at one time would be:

(70 - 68 available) + 17 seniors + 2 potentials = 21

2 things that I need cleared up on this point as is: (1) This just means Scholarships offered right? It's not active recruiting, just a limitation on scholly's offered? (2) This also means that recruiting assistance option is off, yes? It's all up to the owner for his team?
    Last edited by Jayrah; 06-24-2010 at 03:01 AM.

BTW Great thread Mors, really clean

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Scholarship limitation seems like a lot of unecsary work.
    There isn't any unnecessary work. It's simple. You can recruit, that season, as many freshman as you have seniors leaving. Incredibly simple since it tells you how many are leaving on your needs breakdown in the recruiting section of the game.

Except the CPU ...

It has absolutely nothing to do with the CPU recruiting ability. It has everything to do with keeping the CPU competitive by making sure users don't recruit every 5* player available leaving the CPU none to go after. The ability of the CPU recruiting is completely based on the recruiting slider. If, by some miracle, they actually recruit competently on All-American, then great, but I highly doubt they will and I highly doubt that Heisman isn't the CPU cheating it's ass off. We shall see though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    ***I DO personally feel like if you have 95+ rated JR's or Soph's on your team, you should be allowed equal additional offers, because the chance of them 'going pro' is high, and you can't sway them back according to our rules of conduct.

Example: you have 68 total players on your roster, 17 seniors on your team and 2 95+ rated JR's/SOPH's (that could potentially leave for the draft). The total number of scholarships you can have active at one time would be:

(70 - 68 available) + 17 seniors + 2 potentials = 21

2 things that I need cleared up on this point as is: (1) This just means Scholarships offered right? It's not active recruiting, just a limitation on scholly's offered? (2) This also means that recruiting assistance option is off, yes? It's all up to the owner for his team?
    Well, there is going to be some testing involved in that very situation actually. Like last year's debacle of players rating skyrocketing in seasons 2-4, I'd like to make sure whether or not that happens again. If it does, then the 95 above or 90 above + award rule will stand to prevent massive amounts of players that any other time would leave for the NFL staying instead. If it doesn't then that rule might not even be applicable anymore, especially with the spread out ratings that they have. It'll be interesting to see what happens with that over the course of several seasons. If the rule does stand, there will be a +1 added to it to take into account guys leaving early with our teams.

I like that! How would we test it? Simming through several seasons?

Wow talk about limitations! I'm just curious in the dynasty I do we have some similar rules, but why can't you persuade guys? Isn't the entire point to keep good players for one more year or however long it is?? Also I know in my dynasty we will FREQUENTLY cut guys in the offseason because they just aren't doing it on the field, so am I in theory stuck with them in this dynasty and I can't recruit his position? I do understand not getting people to just go after all the five stars but I guess in my dynasty its not that big of an issue because everyone likes finding sleepers.

Again I'm just asking because I like to see how others are doing their dynasties.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    I like that! How would we test it? Simming through several seasons?
    Yup. That's how it was found out that the players on the default roster skyrocketed to way too many 99 overall players by year 3 and 4.

One of the things I plan to do is before we even start the dynasty (which I'd like to wait and not do until we get named rosters) is sim through seasons to check out various things all at the same time (CPU recruiting strength at various levels, testing out various CPU levels of difficulty/sliders, CPU recruiting logic by position, etc). All the while, I'm looking at the rosters and seeing how guys are progressing. Making sure that we don't once again have inflated ridiculous numbers from big schools.

If they fixed that, then we may not even need the sway rule. If only the elite are hitting the 95+ overall mark, then there won't be a need for the rule because they'll most likely be Seniors already anyway. I hope so, but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Wow talk about limitations! I'm just curious in the dynasty I do we have some similar rules, but why can't you persuade guys? Isn't the entire point to keep good players for one more year or however long it is?? Also I know in my dynasty we will FREQUENTLY cut guys in the offseason because they just aren't doing it on the field, so am I in theory stuck with them in this dynasty and I can't recruit his position? I do understand not getting people to just go after all the five stars but I guess in my dynasty its not that big of an issue because everyone likes finding sleepers.

Again I'm just asking because I like to see how others are doing their dynasties.
    The reason for not persuading guys is realism. It's not very often that someone that would perform at the level that a 95+ overall player would perform at in this game (or a 90+ overall player that performed well enough to win one of the awards) would stay another season. Guys like Casey Keenum are an exception to the rule and the game does that as well with guys deciding not to commit to the Pros. Also, it levels the playing field with the CPU since it seems like they never persuade guys to come back once they have an awesome season and commit to the draft.

As for cutting players, again, it's to level the playing field with the CPU. The CPU isn't smart enough to cut players that suck. They stick with whatever they recruit on their roster and I think human players should be the same way. Nothing says you HAVE to recruit up to your limit. If there isn't a player out there good enough for your liking at that position, then you don't recruit anyone there and wait until next season. That's what planning ahead is for and recruiting depth. It's highly unlikely that you'll ever not be able to go after 10 or 12 guys which, really, is all a big problem like Notre Dame or USC does most of the time anyway.

But it's more about keeping the playing field level in recruiting to prevent people from constantly going after 25+ guys and gobbling up ALL the good recruits. Hell, even without cutting players, we're still going to be getting 120-200 recruits a year and it's almost always going to be the best of the best. Unless there are some DRASTIC changes in how the CPU recruits (like, recruiting well enough where good 5* players aren't just lingering along, being halfheartedly recruited by the CPU where you can just swoop in and steal them away because you pay more attention to them and such) these rules have to be in place to give the CPU a fighting chance.

Now, that's not to say that if the recruiting truly is more competitive from the CPU and they actually recruit to their system, go hard after positions of need, and don't seem to just sit there waiting for you to take all their recruits then we may not need these rules after all, but that remains to be seen.
    Last edited by morsdraconis; 06-25-2010 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    There isn't any unnecessary work. It's simple. You can recruit, that season, as many freshman as you have seniors leaving. Incredibly simple since it tells you how many are leaving on your needs breakdown in the recruiting section of the game.
    Well there is the problem that we don't know how many underclassmen are leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Well there is the problem that we don't know how many underclassmen are leaving.
    I assume we will be able to add more recruits in the offseason. So say if 5 underclassmen leave then we should be able to add 5 more recruits to the board.......?

I'm just not a fan of limitations at all, I would rather just play and not have to worry about what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'm just not a fan of limitations at all, I would rather just play and not have to worry about what I'm doing.
    +1.

Maybe have two separate 360 dynasties then....PS3 is having two separate ones based on pace.

Or since we have a good group together just throw out the limitations period and go.

I really like the idea of trying to keep it realistic, but I also understand people who just want to play and that's it.

Personally, I think the first season should be everything on default, go balls out. Could it lead to some stacked teams/rosters? Possibly....but I think we should work hard in the first season to see what issues/problems actually do pop up so we can pass that on to EA. From there, we consider what limitations and rules to put in place for season two and beyond after seeing what happens and discussion with all team owners.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I really like the idea of trying to keep it realistic, but I also understand people who just want to play and that's it.

Personally, I think the first season should be everything on default, go balls out. Could it lead to some stacked teams/rosters? Possibly....but I think we should work hard in the first season to see what issues/problems actually do pop up so we can pass that on to EA. From there, we consider what limitations and rules to put in place for season two and beyond after seeing what happens and discussion with all team owners.
    Agreed.