Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2011 Week 2 College Football Games

• Facebook
  • Display
    A second week of college football, another perfect weekend.

Florida International beats Louisville 24-17 on Friday night, and Navy finishes things off with a 40-14 ass whooping of Western Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Wow to the end of ND/Mich
    Ditto, it may have been terrible defense but it was an amazing finish.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Ditto, it may have been terrible defense but it was an amazing finish.
    Yea that was insane, It was crazy.

Also nice warning PSU's offense, I was so mad that whole game.

Best part about the game was the tailgating!
    I also walked up with A.J. McCarron's which isn't anything to special but she is very very very easy on the eyes.

Penn State needs to name a starting QB and it needs to be Bolden. McGloin is terrible, 1-10 for 0 yards. Nice day jackass the only thing that should have been different is McGloin should have thrown 3 picks too.

Boston College was absolutely atrocious last night. Chase Rettig couldn't throw, the o-line couldn't block, the D couldn't make stops, and andre williams had no room to run on any plays. Hopefully they can bounce back and get themselves into a bowl game but this a worst case scenario for the start of the season. The good thing is they play Duke, UMass, and Wake Forrest all at home in the next weeks, Although with how the BC offense has looked those games are not gimmes.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    and Wow ND is 0-2, they may as well be another service Academy now j/k
    The service academies are better. Much better.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Notre Lame is ALWAYS overrated. They've been overrated since the late 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The service academies are better. Much better.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Notre Lame is ALWAYS overrated. They've been overrated since the late 80s.
    Amen.

And a separate note, just now getting to sit down and watch Florida International at Louisville on my DVR. It may have been played two days ago. I may know each and every little thing that happened in the game from following it on ESPN.com during work Friday night. But I'll be damned if I'm not going to sit here for the next couple hours enjoying every single second of it.

For Christ sake ESPN. They're talking about the impact players of the game right now during FIU's opening drive, and for the two players they showed and talked about for FIU, T.Y. Hilton and RB Kedrick Rhodes, they have the stats saying "Last week vs Murray State:" Really ESPN? Are you freaking kidding me? You idiots had Murray State-Louisville nationally broadcasted on ESPNU last week! Good lord.

I know this may sound stupid, but i dont really watch texas very much and i saw case mccoy was playing qb. Is he related to colt.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Good lord.
    It's not that bad.

Worse is when you have two players with the same number on a team, so you get the pop-up stats saying that a DB threw for 300 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by BCEagles View Post
    I know this may sound stupid, but i dont really watch texas very much and i saw case mccoy was playing qb. Is he related to colt.
    Case is his younger brother. And Jaxon Shipley is Jordan's younger brother. And, for the third time in McCoy/Shipley family history (fathers, then the older brothers), McCoy and Shipley are roommates.

And you are guaranteed to hear all three of these items during every Texas broadcast for the next three years.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 09-11-2011 at 12:07 PM.

It's not that bad.

Worse is when you have two players with the same number on a team, so you get the pop-up stats saying that a DB threw for 300 yards.
    You're right not, it's not as bad as something like that happening. But it's still bad, and sad, considering just last Thursday one of ESPN's own channels nationally broadcast the Murray State-Louisville game, and now apparently according to ESPN, it was FIU playing Murray State and not Louisville. I can guarantee you that you would never see something like that in a game with teams like Michigan, Ohio State, Texas, etc.

Sure, it's just FIU from the Sun Belt Conference, and not some big game between two ranked teams or something, but regardless, ESPN should not be making stupid mistakes like that. They need to take pride in their work. Whether it's just a simple HS game or the BCS national championship, do every broadcast, with all the bells and whistles they want to include, like it's the Super Bowl that they're broadcasting. Working in radio, when we're doing a live broadcast remote for a business, we do it with the same effort every time, whether it's for little old single employee Billy Bob's Manure Farm, or for the biggest company in NW Ohio. ESPN should do the same.

I can guarantee you that you would never see something like that in a game with teams like Michigan, Ohio State, Texas, etc.
    Eh ... actually, I've seen them flub "last game" graphics quite regularly. I don't know exactly what goes into creating those graphics, I imagine it pulls from a database, but it may just be a simple copy/paste error. I imagine they don't have too much oversight for graphics -- obviously because they expect people to get them right.

Working in radio, when we're doing a live broadcast remote for a business, we do it with the same effort every time, whether it's for little old single employee Billy Bob's Manure Farm, or for the biggest company in NW Ohio. ESPN should do the same.
    Now, I've worked in radio too ... and while you may put the same level of technical effort into it, I'm sure there's a difference in personnel involved, visibility, and likelihood to brush off an error between those two situations.

It's not that bad.

Case is his younger brother. And Jaxon Shipley is Jordan's younger brother. And, for the third time in McCoy/Shipley family history (fathers, then the older brothers), McCoy and Shipley are roommates.

And you are guaranteed to hear all three of these items during every Texas broadcast for the next three years.
    lol thx, thats pretty cool