57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like it as is

3 5.26%
  • Needs some tweaks

30 52.63%
  • Want a new system

24 42.11%
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting in NCAA 13 - What would you like to see?

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
    few things I have to add that are probably already in here but I will put here:

1 - Do away with the ATH position, its horrible and makes searching through stuff near impossible when I have 160 lb guys in my OT list
    They added this with the new website release

few things I have to add that are probably already in here but I will put here:

1 - Do away with the ATH position, its horrible and makes searching through stuff near impossible when I have 160 lb guys in my OT list
    2 - Show the ratings/grades of every player at every position when being recruited. Meaning, I should be able to see how an OT would be rated at OG when recruited
    3 - Make SIZE matter!!!
    4 - Add some sort of ceiling/risk rating factor so some guys (hopefully the bigger frame guys) might have a higher ceiling but often times less probably of panning out or getting better
    5 - Make stats and how you PLAY factor HUGELY into recruiting. Drop back gun slingers should not want to play for Navy

These are the ones off the top of my head.
    I disagree with that entirely!!! Now I will say the ATH position probably needs to be overhauled in some sense because of the 160 lbs OT which comes up quite often, but overall you need the ATH position. Its for players who can play multiple positions (even though most of them can't) or as I like to say the guys that are good at a couple of positions but not great at any.

Thats a neat little addition, now carry that over to the game!

The problem with the way ATH are right now is the fact that they are not really athletes at all. They are basically good at only one position. Hell, FS is actually a better example of ATH's in the game as they can typically play multiple positions. I want real athletes that could line up at 2 or more positions and have an opportunity to start.

Freshman
    I wonder why Pocketscout can produce a spreadsheet that allows you to sort on its position columns (for those unaware, the program not only quantifies the letter grades from the game, but also provides OVR scores for all positions) to see that a 57 OVR HB has 80/80 KA/KP and would be rated an 80 K or P, but when you perform a Find Recruits search in the game for a P it only produces punters. Pick any other position "A" and after a sort the spreadsheet will show you TONS of guys from other positions with high "A" OVRs but the game search function only includes ATH -- the 160 lb OT, LOL -- and "A".

Edit: sorry, hadn't realized that I'd not stated I was trying to ask for the game's search function to be more broad, while at the same time taking care of the 160 lb ATH coming up in an OT search issue.
    Last edited by WarEagle; 02-09-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    The problem with the way ATH are right now is the fact that they are not really athletes at all. They are basically good at only one position. Hell, FS is actually a better example of ATH's in the game as they can typically play multiple positions. I want real athletes that could line up at 2 or more positions and have an opportunity to start.
    This EXACTLY! The FS is basically the ATH in this game. The ATH are 90% WR with a few CB, RB, QB, Centers mixed in... they are just annoying. I believe all the players should come with a recommended position rating (likely where they grade out the highest) but then we should be able to see where they grade out at every other position and hence they ALL can be "ATH" in the sense that EA uses them.

You can basically see where an OT is going to grade out right now ... it doesn't take rocket science. Unless you want to know exactly where the #3 Tackle would place in the Guard list ...and, quite frankly, I don't see that ever happening. There's a strategy to position changes -- you don't want to just give it away.

Now, I do agree that athletes shouldn't show up for position searches, but there are ways around that. Would be nice to see it as part of the menu though.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

2 - Show the ratings/grades of every player at every position when being recruited. Meaning, I should be able to see how an OT would be rated at OG when recruited
    tackle -> guard is generally a -1 point in OVR, but a +2 OVR changing to center
    guard -> tackle is generally a -1 point in OVR, but a +2 OVR changing to center
    center -> guard or tackle is generally -4 OVR

thats just what i've noticed when changing them their freshman year.

instead of every school starting at 24 or 25% interest for a recruit, they should lower that starting % to 0. this would allow some recruitments to become more of a race as his top 10/8/5/3 would be made up of who is all recruiting him. this shouldnt be applied for every recruit, as i do like it where some kids start at like 50 or 60%, but the race to sign them would take drag out their recruitments more (good thing), and allow for a more flexible/shifting top 10/8/5/3.

Maybe I just forgot but can someone tell me why online the recruiting separation of points is different then on the console?

Is this going to be changed heading into 13? If not could we make that suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    instead of every school starting at 24 or 25% interest for a recruit, they should lower that starting % to 0. this would allow some recruitments to become more of a race as his top 10/8/5/3 would be made up of who is all recruiting him. this shouldnt be applied for every recruit, as i do like it where some kids start at like 50 or 60%, but the race to sign them would take drag out their recruitments more (good thing), and allow for a more flexible/shifting top 10/8/5/3.
    I don't like this idea because its not realistic. Everybody has an idea of their top school choices. It makes sense that those choices are leading the race at the beginning everytime. Also it would be annoying if you put in a ton of time and never made the top ten.

This is just a pet peeve... BUT... I think the recruiting advisor should be included in the game versus a paid download. I have never purchased it but it would add more to the immersion. I'm not a big fan of paid DLC adfter you drop $70 for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Everybody has an idea of their top school choices. It makes sense that those choices are leading the race at the beginning everytime
    absolutely true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Also it would be annoying if you put in a ton of time and never made the top ten.
    this already happens. i had it in the 360 tgt od, when i was the OC at . i had a 2* Juco TE from the beginning of the season, called him 30 minutes every week, and never cracked his top 10 until i dumped him in like week 11. he had all the big 10 schools listed in his top 10 so obviously he wasnt gonna get an offer from them. if this situation happened in real life, where he never received a single phone call from the big10 schools but was getting called every week by utah state, he would be listing utah state as hit top school, not rejecting them, and holding out/hoping for a scholarship offer from his dream school.

the whole "race to sign the kid" idea kinda goes in part with not being able to see how many points you're leading/trailing by, but i dont particularly care for that half. i just remember back to reading on cfb message boards that some recruits seemingly listed a new leader in their recruitment, every week (ie: Aziz Shittu, who ended up at stanford). additionally, the 5* recruits, nowadays in real life, all get 30+ offers; so the whole race idea is exactly what recruiting turns into. the recruit's top 10/8/5/3 (regardless of star rating), in the middle of the season, are all made up of who are recruiting him the hardest, not dream schools who arent talking to him at all.

I don't know if this has been discussed yet because I haven't finished reading this thread but something I would like to see implemented that will make the recruiting system so much better and more realistic is to have the option to recruit high school juniors. Has anyone on here played college hoops by 2k? You can recruit kids who are freshman, sophs and juniors. Now for the fresh and sophs, you are only able to contact them once at those class levels, which is just asking them for their tapes, but it increases their interest. And you can't start calling them and visiting them weekly until they are juniors. Now I don't know if the ncaa gives different recruiting rules to basketball than football, so Idk if this is realistic to have college football coaches call and visit high school juniors. So this was just a thought.

Also, on the player profiles while recruiting, it shows us their letter grade for each skill. Why can't we sort through them? Like, if I am looking for a pocket passing qb, instead of clicking on every single qb to see their throw accuracy and throw power, why can't I sort through them in descending order like you can for their bench and squant, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Aztec4Life View Post
    Now I don't know if the ncaa gives different recruiting rules to basketball than football, so Idk if this is realistic to have college football coaches call and visit high school juniors. So this was just a thought.
    As far as I know the rules are largely the same. And it's been discussed numerous times over the years. But we've never come to an consensus on it. There's a sizable portion that think recruiting is boring/tedious/annoying as it is (though few of those are on our forums), so obviously that group would be against deeper recruiting. I don't remember it being in this year's Wishlist tournament, but it's been mentioned in past years.

Personally, I like the idea of doing something with underclassmen, but I wasn't a fan of how College Hoops implemented it (FYI, plenty of us here have played it ). I always hated that players were usually at 99% before their junior season even ended. So you had a completely different experience with your Year 1 recruits versus Year 2. I think there should be some thing that can be done with Juniors or Underclassmen (like influencing a recruit's Top 10, for example), but it shouldn't be a full-blown ability to recruit kids. Senior year for Year 2 or Year 3 recruits should be reasonably like it was for Year 1. Just to keep the balance, in my opinion.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'm not really in favor of getting too involved with juniors since it's unnecessary in game terms. However, it wouldn't be a bad idea to perhaps add a feature where your school could host a football camp each offseason/summer and either invite juniors to get a sneak peak at some of their skills, or simply to see who shows up. The players that show up and enjoy the camp might have a tiny edge when the initial recruiting classes are created at the start of each season.

Larger, more prestigious programs would likely allure higher profile kids to their camp, while cupcakes would happy with some 1 or 2-star athletes, and everything in between. Just like with seasonal recruiting, the kids most likely to show up would be from your pipeline states.

i'm not a fan of having juniors and underclassmen being added in at this time. recruiting isnt that hard to do that you need to plan out your team for the next 2 years. i can see a case for it being added in if you regularly play on all american/heisman recruiting difficulty, but on the lower difficulties, jr's and underclassmen shouldnt even be in the game or be given a thought.

imo, there should be several other things that should be added in before jr's and underclassmen, because as of right now, jr's and underclassmen dont bring anything to the table that would dramatically enhance recruiting. its just fluff.

i think that in the 5 weeks of recruiting you are able to recruit transfers as well. In real life the schools have to recruit them they are not just handed to them. Also there needs to be the posibility of 1 or 2 star recruit being really good and the possibility of a 5 star recruit not being good enough to play.

Quote Originally Posted by kansascitysooner View Post
    i think that in the 5 weeks of recruiting you are able to recruit transfers as well. In real life the schools have to recruit them they are not just handed to them. Also there needs to be the posibility of 1 or 2 star recruit being really good and the possibility of a 5 star recruit not being good enough to play.
    Actually, you are not allowed to contact players looking to transfer; only they can contact the schools. Obviously there are loopholes that teams work around but the intent is there to require the players to initiate contact.

question: should the pipeline bonus be reconfigured to how strong the pipeline is to that state (be based on the number of players you have on your roster from that state)?

if i'm playing as , i have california as my pipeline state with like 45 players on my roster from there. personally, i dont think that a new jersey pipeline or a florida pipeline should provide the same reward as that of california, when i have 10 times the amount of players from CA as that of FL or NJ.