Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
I agree with most of what you said, but I don't see much extra differentiation in your suggestion for RBs. A breakaway back is still, largely, a Speed back. A Bruiser is still, largely, a Power back.

Now, NFL Head Coach 09 had a massive amount of personalities and characteristics of players. I'd love to see both Madden and NCAA go down that route.
adding personalities to ncaa would only do so much, imo. it'd certainly be a welcome addition, dont get me wrong.....but players still need to be rated accordingly. as it stands now, ncaa players are WAY over-rated in their actual weaknesses/skills they dont excel at.

the example i've brought up in the past, was terrance cody. in ncaa10, he had power/fineese move ratings of 98/70. in madden11, those ratings were 95/30. just by looking at those ratings, you'd get a sense that he has an awesome power move, but he'd also try to run around you at times too. that was clearly not the case in real life. every year in the recruit database, i see this kind of thing going on with every position. its especially evident, though, with d-ends and d-tackles as their power and finesse move ratings are always rated very similar. you dont see any kind of separation of skill talents, like A power move and C- finesse move. those 2 ratings are always within like 1 letter grade in the top prospects. the same thing happens for runningbacks with juke and spin moves.