Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread: Penn State Football

• Facebook
  • Display
    Lol, nothing to be sorry about. We have weaknesses that you guys are in a decent position to exploit. I have no issue with that.

FWIW, when I said "toss up", I didn't mean that I expect it to be a close nail-biter. Just that I think either team could win it, and I really think it could even be a blowout for one team or the other. There's really no telling, in my opinion, how this game is going to turn out.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Jeff you should have come up for the game

Honestly didn't even give it a thought. Never do, for some reason.

http://www.thinkinghousewife.com/wp/...raham-spanier/

while not a hardcore news source , I think its very valid

In 1995, when Spanier was under consideration for the president’s spot at Penn State, the student body president at the University of Nebraska, where Spanier was formerly employed as president, told the Penn State college newspaper: “He very much focuses on affirmative action and a pro-homosexual agenda. Watch out for his social agenda and make sure he doesn’t make it a priority over academics
    GRAHAM SPANIER, who was forced to resign as Penn State president last week in response to the Jerry Sandusky scandal, wrote an article in 1975 for the Archives of Sexual Behavior on wife-swapping. The academic article opens with this:

This article attempts to illuminate the understanding of swinging, or mate swapping, an increasingly common form of extramarital sexual activity. A theoretical formulation argues that swinging is a form of extramarital sexual activity which serves to define as good and acceptable a behavior that in other forms and in the past has been considered deviant or immoral.

Spanier, who earned his Ph.D. in sociology from Northwestern University and studied wife-swapping for his dissertation, has been the object of criticism by conservative activists for years. He remains a tenured professor at Penn State after resigning his administrative position, which gave him an annual income of more than half a million dollars. It is no surprise in light of his history that when charges were filed against an athletic director and vice president who failed to report the child rapes to the police, he expressed support for his employees and no concern for the victims.

In 1995, when Spanier was under consideration for the president’s spot at Penn State, the student body president at the University of Nebraska, where Spanier was formerly employed as president, told the Penn State college newspaper: “He very much focuses on affirmative action and a pro-homosexual agenda. Watch out for his social agenda and make sure he doesn’t make it a priority over academics.”

Here are the few of the events that took place under Spanier, as reported by the American Family Association of Pennsylvania:

November 18, 2000 – Womyn’s Concerns and the Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance (FMLA) held C-Fest – “an event featuring performance art, music and a reading from Inga Muscio, author of the book C_____: A Declaration of Independence.” Jess Dobkin, Lesbian performing artist, in various states of nudity. One report says it featured nudity, vulgar sexual references, and anti-male rants.

February 2001 – Womyn’s Concerns hosted “Sex Faire” to discuss “issues of Sexual health, consensual activities and liberation.” Included games such as ‘pin the clitoris on the vulva’ and ‘orgasm bingo.’ A book table featured “Smut and Other Great Literature.”

October 2001 – Larry Flynt, publisher of Hustler magazine, accepted an invitation to speak.

February 2002 – third annual “Sex Faire” Womyn’s Concerns keynote speakers included Patrick Califia Rice, female to male transsexual and author of sadomasochistic books such as “Macho Sluts” and “Public Sex: The Culture of Radical Sex” and supporter of NAMBLA ; Sarah Weddington, a lawyer who won Roe v. Wade; Leslie Feinberg speaking on ‘Lesbian, ***, Bisexual, and Transgendered Health Liberation;” and Wendy Sanford presenting “Our Bodies, Ourselves: Body, Image, Self-Care and Sexual Choices for Women.’ Number of workshops from Homosexuality to safe sex erotic. Information about Planned Parenthood was Available and free condoms were handed out.’ (a three day event)

October 2002 – announcement made “Process to Create LGBT Minor to Begin”

February 6, 2003 – FMLA brings Vagina Monologues to campus

February 15, 2003 – Womyn’s Concerns and FMLA bring back “Sex Faire” for five hours only (5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.) four-one-hour workshops – participants Include Planned Parenthood and Choice USA. Games include orgasm bingo and body painting for a lesson on consent.

April 8, 2006 – Mr. and Ms. *** Penn State ‘Pageant

Go Irish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Penn State at Nebraska, game 2 in the new conference rivalry

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/conver...meId=323150158

Nebraska has the edge but they still have to play the game..so we shall see

Nebraska is a 9 point favorite

20-6 near half time

oh darnit

The fumble at the goalline was killer. I think that the video wasn't clear enough to figure out what really happened. Whatever was called at the time wasn't going to get overturned. It sucks that a good game will instead be remembered for a controversial call.

EDIT - This series is known for controversial calls, though.

From 30 years ago:

OMAHA -- The Penn State tight end who made a controversial catch setting up the winning touchdown in a 1982 game against Nebraska says he was out of bounds.

Penn State went on to win the national title. Nebraska finished the season 12-1.
    - LINK
    Last edited by cdj; 11-10-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    The fumble at the goalline was killer. I think that the video wasn't clear enough to figure out what really happened. Whatever was called at the time wasn't going to get overturned. It sucks that a good game will instead be remembered for a controversial call.
    You must not have heard. The fix was in.

the play was too spontaneous, nothing wrong with the call. Penn State blew multiple red zone opportunies all game.

But they have proven they arent going to fade away any time soon and this coaching staff can motivate anyone and anything to be a winner.

Its as if McGloin went to coucelling and found his inner QB LOL.

who knows, he might get some NFL money riding someones bench for a couple years just because of this ?

Good night Silas Redd, where ever you are ?

Meh, I don't think it will be remembered by that call. We had our chances and it shouldn't have come to that call.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Meh, I don't think it will be remembered by that call. We had our chances and it shouldn't have come to that call.
    I agree, don't like the call but we fumbled the ball while driving, we threw a pick that gave up points, it just wasn't that play though it does hurt a little.

8-4,..a great season all things considered...and they won their bowl game on Saturday

with white running backs no less shame on you Silas for leaving.

The bad seeds are gone, I dont think they will be doomed to failure for the next 4 years or what ever the media wants to project. I dont think the school will turn into a Purdue or Minnesota or what ever ?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    8-4,..a great season all things considered...and they won their bowl game on Saturday

with white running backs no less shame on you Silas for leaving.

The bad seeds are gone, I dont think they will be doomed to failure for the next 4 years or what ever the media wants to project. I dont think the school will turn into a Purdue or Minnesota or what ever ?
    Agreed on the great season part. It's good to see the Lions didn't collapse to 3-9 or whatever it was that someone predicted in this thread.

As for Redd, he left to join a team that went 7-5. Dumbass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

and McGloin was the best passer in the conference too !

http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/leader/...02/sort01.html

The team played very well, with the leadership they had I'd expected 7-5 but 8-4 was really good and really bad in a sense too. Knowing they dropped the first 2 games where they probably should have won really shows the character of the team.