Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Penn State Football

• Facebook
  • Display
    Did you see when the reporter came to his home either last night or the other night? He stayed outside, told the reporter he couldn't say anything, didn't try to hide.

I'm assuming Sandusky is guilty, though I will allow for due process.

When I say I'm not passing judgement, I specifically mean the public witch hunt that is going on about who knew what, and what their responsibility was to report it (and to whom).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

When I say I'm not passing judgement, I specifically mean the public witch hunt that is going on about who knew what, and what their responsibility was to report it (and to whom).

You know me...I'm going to make jokes

Media is going to hammer this into the ground, if they haven't done so already.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

Agreed. I do think Sandusky is guilty of some of what he is accused of. Prime example of a witch hunter is Cory Giger from the ESPN affiliate here in town. He's trying to make a name for himself and he did it. Got on Mike and Mike this morning. The Patriot News is also going all out.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Agreed. I do think Sandusky is guilty of some of what he is accused of. Prime example of a witch hunter is Cory Giger from the ESPN affiliate here in town. He's trying to make a name for himself and he did it. Got on Mike and Mike this morning. The Patriot News is also going all out.
    Is that the guy that came to his house?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Is that the guy that came to his house?
    Not sure but I wouldn't put it past him

I found the video....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/penn-state-...6#.TrchdrKVroo

About :35 in.

I'll withhold judgement a little bit but if what McQueary reported to the grand jury is truthful how in the world does he not report that to the police. Or Joe once he knows? That is my biggest beef right now and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it.

We may never know all of those details to a degree but we surely won't know any of them for a while till this thing goes to trial.

Giger is an A-hole.

I will preface this by saying that I have not read this thread & have no idea where everyone stands on this whole deal but...

Bottom line to me in this whole deal is summed up by what the mother of Victim 6 said "McQueary is a grown man, saw another grown man raping a 10 year old boy in the shower & his reaction was to run away & call his daddy!?"

That right there is enough to make me wanna puke. Then they report it & whatnot & the guy is still around all the time & bringing other little boys to practice & they never even follow up with what happened. That is inexcusable, and if it were me who saw something like that, or was the parent of one of those kids this would've never even made it to trial. That sick fuck would've been dead in that shower.

Joe Pa needs to step down. Also, the difference between this and the Duke lacrosse story is that the Duke story wasn't broken by an official grand jury report. Everything about this investigation screams that they we're crossing their i's & dotting their t's to make sure this all sticks in court.
    Last edited by Kwizzy; 11-08-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Yeah that's true Kwizzy, these aren't strippers making the accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    I will preface this by saying that I have not read this thread & have no idea where everyone stands on this whole deal but...

Bottom line to me in this whole deal is summed up by what the mother of Victim 6 said "McQueary is a grown man, saw another grown man raping a 10 year old boy in the shower & his reaction was to run away & call his daddy!?"

That right there is enough to make me wanna puke. Then they report it & whatnot & the guy is still around all the time & bringing other little boys to practice & they never even follow up with what happened. That is inexcusable, and if it were me who saw something like that, or was the parent of one of those kids this would've never even made it to trial. That sick fuck would've been dead in that shower.

Joe Pa needs to step down. Also, the difference between this and the Duke lacrosse story is that the Duke story wasn't broken by an official grand jury report. Everything about this investigation screams that they we're crossing their i's & dotting their t's to make sure this all sticks in court.
    Well said and I share the same thoughts right now Kwizzy. I just don't understand how this wasn't reported at all. Disgusting to say the least.

Paterno press conference cancelled, a lot of the term "cowards" is being tossed about my a lot of sports media on Twitter right now.

@darrenrovell Another PR botch by Penn State. Cancelling presser 40 minutes before shows they're still scrambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post

Personally I'm not sure what to think. I'll wait until the trial and what comes out of it. If I feel they get off on a technicality then I will be disappointed. If they truly are guilty then they should serve their time.

As for the whole McQueary thing, I don't pass any judgement on him. If I were in his situation it is honestly hard to say what I would have done. We can all sit here and say we'd kick the shit out of the dude doing it and all but I personally doubt that we would. Picture yourself walking into the bathroom where you work and your boss is doing something to a boy. Would you really walk up to him and knock the snot out of him. You would probably go to HR and report it. McQueary was 22 years old, he saw something that disturbed him with a very prominent figure and asked his dad what to do. Then went to Paterno and ended up reporting it to the AD. I'm not trying to start a fight, but I don't see many of us acting any differently.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    @darrenrovell Another PR botch by Penn State. Cancelling presser 40 minutes before shows they're still scrambling.
    However this was a press conference about this weeks game, which is still going on and there are a lot of other people's interest in it, namely the players. This wasn't a press conference about the so called scandal.

However this was a press conference about this weeks game, which is still going on and there are a lot of other people's interest in it, namely the players. This wasn't a press conference about the so called scandal.
    Regardless, the game isn't until Saturday. This story is going on today. They shouldn't have canceled it at the last minute... that's what makes it look cowardly.

AP: Scott Paterno says father disappointed & prepped to take ?s about scandal & NU gm

...so why did they cancel it if JoePa was prepped to take those questions?

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Regardless, the game isn't until Saturday. This story is going on today. They shouldn't have canceled it at the last minute... that's what makes it look cowardly.
    What they should have done was scheduled a separate press conference.

Personally I'm not sure what to think. I'll wait until the trial and what comes out of it. If I feel they get off on a technicality then I will be disappointed. If they truly are guilty then they should serve their time.

As for the whole McQueary thing, I don't pass any judgement on him. If I were in his situation it is honestly hard to say what I would have done. We can all sit here and say we'd kick the shit out of the dude doing it and all but I personally doubt that we would. Picture yourself walking into the bathroom where you work and your boss is doing something to a boy. Would you really walk up to him and knock the snot out of him. You would probably go to HR and report it. McQueary was 22 years old, he saw something that disturbed him with a very prominent figure and asked his dad what to do. Then went to Paterno and ended up reporting it to the AD. I'm not trying to start a fight, but I don't see many of us acting any differently.
    I respect that POV, honestly I do. Obviously I have never been in that situation before but I can say that as a grown man, and human being, you have a moral obligation to help those who cannot defend themselves which is largely what everyone involved has failed to do throughout this whole ordeal. If I saw my boss or anyone else doing something like this, it would not even cross my mind to walk away.