Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Tablet Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I was OBSESSED with getting one for a while
    Yeah I know, you had me following that chick on Twitter and everything.

Well looks like I am getting the Kindle Fire HDX for xmas. Anyone have one? It looks like a really solid tablet as far as reviews and whatnot. My only concern is whether or not it has or I can get the PS app for it.

I don't have it, but let me know how you like it. I've been looking at getting one for a while and may pick it up sometime over the next year, or else see if I can get it for Christmas next year.

I'd like to hear about it also.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I don't have it, but let me know how you like it. I've been looking at getting one for a while and may pick it up sometime over the next year, or else see if I can get it for Christmas next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    I'll let you guys know it doesn't look like it has the PS app and I'm not tech savy enough to "root it" so I'll just have to do without on it.

I just got the Dell Venue 8. I love it. It's so fast. I didn't get the Pro with Windows 8 because that's about $150 more.
    The dude abides.

I got a free Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 with the purchase of my Note 3 from At&t

It's decent for what it's used for (my wife for internet and my son for games).

Think's $200 regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Well I've had it for 2 days now.

I really like the tablet

Pros:

• Picture is very sharp/crisp videos look GREAT
    • Tablet is very quick
    • Very thin and light
    • Mayday feature does work fast - I tried it today (to ask about PS app) and literally waited like 10 seconds
    • Battery life was pretty good lasted over a day no problems just charging for the 1st time
    • the Origami Case (sold seperately) makes it sit up perfectly on your desk so you can have it playing a video/music without having to hold it up
    • Amazon Prime Movies, Books, etc.. for FREE

Cons:
    • You have to pay an extra $15 for an add free one (I have the add free one so I dunno how annoying the ad one is)
    • No PS App
    • No access to Google Playstore just the Amazon App Store (all the apps I really wanted are on the Amazon store except PS App)

Basically, its a GREAT tablet especially if you are an Amazon Prime Member (which I am). When I spoke to the representative she said she was aware a number of users were requesting the PS app and that they just didn't have it "yet". She couldn't guarantee me anything but she did make it sound like Amazon was working on getting the PS app. If/when this happens I'll definitely be one happy camper.

Excellent! That all sounds great to me. I did some searching, and it appears Xbox SmartGlass is available on the Kindle Fire, so I should be good there, that would be the one big make or break thing for me. Otherwise, all those pros look good to me, and the cons, the only issue would be the ad-free version or not. So I'm good to go then on the HDX. Just have to see if I can snag one for my birthday or maybe get it for Christmas next year.

Excellent! That all sounds great to me. I did some searching, and it appears Xbox SmartGlass is available on the Kindle Fire, so I should be good there, that would be the one big make or break thing for me. Otherwise, all those pros look good to me, and the cons, the only issue would be the ad-free version or not. So I'm good to go then on the HDX. Just have to see if I can snag one for my birthday or maybe get it for Christmas next year.
    Checked for you and the XB1 SmartGlass app is in fact available for free in the app store. Well with the XB1 app surely they will be putting the PlayStation App up soon?

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Checked for you and the XB1 SmartGlass app is in fact available for free in the app store. Well with the XB1 app surely they will be putting the PlayStation App up soon?
    Bingo! With you confirming it for me, that is/was basically the last thing holding me back from trying to get it at some point.

And I would imagine that they will. It will largely depend on Sony coding the app to work with whatever the OS is that the Kindle Fire runs. It's not straight Android, from what I've found through Google, so Microsoft had to work it around so that it could be used straight up as an app on the Kindle Fire without side loading it. It's probably the same thing with the PS app. Sony just needs to do whatever they need to do so that it can work on the Kindle Fire's OS and should be all good. Now how long that would take before it would be available, well, your guess is as good as mine. But with the PS4 on the market for a month now, I wouldn't be surprised to see an official PS app coming out for the Kindle Fires within the next couple months.

My wife got me an Asus Memo 7" HD tablet and I'm going to swap it for a Kindle Paperwhite. I've read good reviews about the Asus budget tablet but I've been reading a lot more and would rather get a dedicated ereader since it should be easier on my eyes, much better to read outside and have long battery life. I really don't need another device to surf and stuff although it's not a bad idea either.