Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NCAA Football 11: No-Huddle Offense

• Facebook
  • Display
    In the playcall screen, the players were showing up yellow or whatever when they were getting tired.

I really didn't like how the cpu was lining up it's defense when OU or Oregon were running the no huddle. They offense was in a 4 WR set and the defense looked like it was playing a base 4-3 set with nobody covering the slot receivers. The safeties were sort of lined up there but it seemed as though the cpu defense was trying to line up poorly and give out free yards.

I thought it was fairly well done in the demo however I will need to play a few full games before I could give you a definitive answer. CDJ, I didn't realize that if you waited to snap the ball longer at the LOS your players wouldn't get tired as fast. That's a nice addition that I'll have to try out because I did notice that my players were getting really tired way too fast. Even when playing with Mizzou (an aggresive no huddle team) it seemed a little too fast to me, but I was snapping the ball pretty fast.

i think that the offense shouldnt fatigue as fast as the deffense because this is something they do all the so they should be better conditioned for it

Quote Originally Posted by rhombic21 View Post
    It would help if they would add some kind of visual cues to tell you how tired your players are. Could be as simple as an energy bar, or could be as subtle as animations that show players grabbing their knees and sucking wind.
    I agree. I think it would be cool to see guys on defense tapping the tops of their helmets, and looking to their sideline as if to ask for a sub if they get tired. This happens a lot IRL, and would be a very cool, subtle touch IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by champ195797 View Post
    i think that the offense shouldnt fatigue as fast as the deffense because this is something they do all the so they should be better conditioned for it
    Not sure I totally agree with this in an equal play situation. Defenses condition as much, if not more than offenses. The difference in a game comes in 2 different phases. (1) defense is chasing, and having to fight blocks, while the offense knows where it's going. (2) as a game goes on, the offense that is able to control 3rd down will start to wear the defense out. 3rd down is the 'all in' play, so the defense really expends a lot of energy to get off the field. Also that means that the other defense is resting and will therefore have a better chance to get the other offense off the field.

I really don't think that the conditioning aspect comes into play until the 9th or 10th play of a given drive, or in stages of the second half where plays have piled to a plus 2 to 1 ratio against a defense. And WR's are still running all over the field, so they will get tired just as fast as any corner they are facing. With a zone defense, they might tire faster even.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    One thing about it is how quickly you hike the ball at the line.
    I was talking about the CPU running it
    Quote Originally Posted by champ195797 View Post
    If anything, I could see this being in the game through better Stamina ratings for offensive players on teams that normally run no-huddle. But football players, in general, have equal conditioning. The question is more about whether or not the defense is accustomed to getting a breather (a lot of defensive lines rotate out constantly now).
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Not sure I totally agree with this in an equal play situation. Defenses condition as much, if not more than offenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    If anything, I could see this being in the game through better Stamina ratings for offensive players on teams that normally run no-huddle. But football players, in general, have equal conditioning. The question is more about whether or not the defense is accustomed to getting a breather (a lot of defensive lines rotate out constantly now).
    This may be hard to represent in the game, but fatigue from defending the no huddle isn't just about physical conditioning either. It's also mentally exhausting. When the defense isn't used to running plays in quick succession, it can actually be disorienting.

Very true.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud