Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 12 Impressions - Retail

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    Did you try tweaking settings from the main menu and then going into offline Franchise? Maybe they carry over that way?

I haven't tried anything on the Franchise side yet. I'll have to look into this tonight.
    Yes. I did.

There doesn't appear to be any place in the Franchise menus to edit anything related to playing the game, except for Quarter Length.

I started my first Preseason Game, ran a couple of plays, and watched the play clock only run down to :20 (it's at :14 in my main settings). So, I paused the game and went into Settings to see if I could at least change it there. Nope.

Not only that, but you can't adjust Special Teams sliders in the Pause Menu either (this is also the case in Practice Mode). It looks like my sliders carried over into the Franchise, but I had been excited to FINALLY be able to play a football game on 15-minute quarters and this oversight has taken that option away.

I can't imagine the reasoning for any of this. Why would the Accelerated Clock only be adjustable for Play Now games? That makes no sense at all.

Unless someone figures this out, and I'm mistaken, I won't open my copy tomorrow. I'll try to return it to Wal-Mart and be glad I got a $20 credit from Amazon.

Sigh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Waaiiit a sec. There's no offline franchise mode sliders?! Are you fuckin' kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Waaiiit a sec. There's no offline franchise mode sliders?! Are you fuckin' kidding me?
    There are, in a limited way.

They carry over from your profile, but you can only edit then in-game once you get into a Franchise. The Special Teams sliders, however, can't be edited in-game.

The beef I have is that the Accelerated Clock doesn't appear as though it can be moved from :20, at all, in Franchise.

Wow, wtf? God, there's no fuckin' way I'd buy this game. EA must be out of their fuckin' minds.

I'm going to sleep on this. I suppose all I'm really losing is the ability to play 15-minute quarters.

The game itself seems pretty good. If that's only concession I'll have to make (aside from not having separate User and CPU ST sliders, which I already knew about) maybe I can make this work with 12 or 13-minute quarters. That wouldn't be the end of the world, but it is disappointing. I was really excited to be able to get good play counts on 15-minute quarters, lol.

I'll think about whether or not I take the game back for a bit.

Don't 15 minute games take a really, really long time to complete? I don't know if I could sit down in one game for that long.

Yeah I only go 7 minutes with a :25 accelerated clock. That's enough for me.

I'm like JB i only need 7 minutes maybe up it to 9 but 15 is too long for me. as for impressions really like the game. Jukes are really good , passing seems better easier to find open guys versus NCAA 12 . Had a field goal blocked. I think normal is too fast. it bothers me on the Eagles roster their are some double jerseys given out. two #23 two #25. Also if Steve Smith plays as well as he does in madden he's gonna be a problem at the slot. didn't get sacked alot, but I got rid of the ball fast. Also dropped about 5 ints manually . this game will test your stick skills if you are really good on the sticks doing things manually you will be very successful.

You don't get nearly the amount of plays and stats for your players that you should with only 7 minutes. Especially with an accelerated clock.

I go with 12 minutes and the 25 second run off. However, without the 25 second runoff in franchise this year, the game are taking well over an hour to play which is way too long.

Recruit
    Maybe I missed something, but are you guys saying you can't adjust sliders in offline franchise mode? I don't know if there is an option in the franchise hub, but during the game you can adjust sliders and it saves them.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    Don't 15 minute games take a really, really long time to complete? I don't know if I could sit down in one game for that long.
    Cue the MD Code Red jpg.

It's about snap counts. With the play clock at :14, I was getting 130-135 offensive snaps per game. If I played 12 minute quarters at :20 on the play clock, I'd still get about 130 plays. Therefore, in the way I just described, a 12 and 15 minute quarter game could take the same amount of time to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by iBrandon View Post
    Maybe I missed something, but are you guys saying you can't adjust sliders in offline franchise mode? I don't know if there is an option in the franchise hub, but during the game you can adjust sliders and it saves them.
    Not Special Teams sliders. They're not in the Pause Menu. You can't adjust the Accelerated Clock in Franchise Mode either.

Just got my hard copy... so the patch doesn't fix the accelerated clock issue??? I haven't been able to load the game yet... fatherly duties...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Just got my hard copy... so the patch doesn't fix the accelerated clock issue??? I haven't been able to load the game yet... fatherly duties...
    No, that patch was just some stabililty things that came out a week ago or so.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Not Special Teams sliders. They're not in the Pause Menu. You can't adjust the Accelerated Clock in Franchise Mode either.

Ah, I didn't see special teams, my fault.

Quote Originally Posted by iBrandon View Post
    Ah, I didn't see special teams, my fault.
    Yeah, my copy is sitting here unopened, lol. I have to decide whether or not I can live with the Accelerated Clock issue and the lack of separate User and CPU sliders for Special Teams.

A buddy of mine suggested simming all of my FG attempts as an option. That may be what I do, if I keep the game.

Just got the game and have two minor gripes right off the bat.

Where is my NFL Films Music?
    Where is Auto Save? Really Still not in the game?

So I see in FRANCHISE MODE they also REMOVED the INJURY SLIDER???? Why would injury slider and accelerated clock be removed? It makes no sense. Also, there is no more fumble slider? These decisions don;t make a lot of sense. I also miss the NFL films music... but I said it before and I will say it again, the removal of the EXTRA POINT was a MASSIVE, MASSIVE, MASSIVE mistake. Play Madden 10 and then Madden 12 and the lack of that immersion really hurts this game. I have changed my vote from GREAT to GOOD over some of these issues. However, it's still a very solid game offering.

The fumble slider should be under the running game sliders Jaymo. At least I hope it's there in franchise mode because I know it's there from the main menu. I just popped my game in and I can't even use my online code to get the new rosters. Servers are down or something but that may also be with the PSN too. Not sure.

As for quarter length, stats and number of plays take a backseat to length of games. My games have to be under an hour, stats be damned. If it goes an hour or more I get bored and annoyed.

Do I have to use my online code to get the rosters or how do I get the new ones? Obviously I can't check until the servers open up but I need the new ones.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-30-2011 at 06:19 PM.