Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo: Why Miami is in Trouble

• Facebook
  • Display

Yahoo: Why Miami is in Trouble

Fan of "the U" might want to find a new school to root for. If you see a Yahoo reporter near yhour college, you might just prepare yourself for the worst.

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigatio...enefits_081611

• Abortion: In one instance, Shapiro described taking a player to the Pink Pony strip club and paying for a dancer to engage in sex with the athlete. In the ensuing weeks, Shapiro said the dancer called one of his security providers and informed him that the player had gotten her pregnant during the incident. Shapiro said he gave the dancer $500 to have an abortion performed, without notifying the player of the incident.

“I was doing him a favor,” the booster said. “That idiot might have wanted to keep [the baby].”
    Due to the sensitivity of the allegation, Yahoo! Sports has chosen not to name the player allegedly involved.

Bounties on Tebow and Chris Rix. You really have to question putting a bounty on Chris Rix. I would think him being on the field would be beneficial to your success.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-16-2011 at 05:52 PM.

If all of that stuff in the article is true, people can stop their crusades against Ohio State. Because Miami just blew them out of the water.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

Got to love college football...

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    If all of that stuff in the article is true, people can stop their crusades against Ohio State. Because Miami just blew them out of the water.
    Why would that make a difference? They're guilty just because an article came out.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I've always thought OSU would get off without any penalty, but I'm not sure why Miami being worse means OSU should no longer be attacked. If you torch your neighbor's car, you committed a crime whether or not your neighbor is a mass murderer.

I think OSU doesn't have to worry about the kind of canary this Shapiro guy is. I firmly believe that OSU is a filthy program, but they have a loyalty amongst their supporters perhaps unlike any other in college sports.
    Last edited by cjg225; 08-16-2011 at 07:57 PM.

throw the hammer at em. tell em they cant recruit anyone for the next 3 years. lol

This is going to be fun to watch

The irony that Paul Dee was Miami's AD during a majority of the violations should not be lost. For those who aren't aware, Paul Dee is the chair on the NCAA committee on infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by th3 last tiger View Post
    The irony that Paul Dee was Miami's AD during a majority of the violations should not be lost. For those who aren't aware, Paul Dee is the chair on the NCAA committee on infractions.
    what would be icing on the cake, were if someone from was put as the head guy on the ncaa's COI investigation of miami. lol payback would indeed be a bitch then.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    what would be icing on the cake, were if someone from was put as the head guy on the ncaa's COI investigation of miami. lol payback would indeed be a bitch then.
    Justice would be served

Justice would be served
    only if the rep convinved enough people that 5 years of no football was a suitable penalty.

College football is a mess. It's a sad state of affairs these days. I never would of thought it would come to this. I'm really not sure how to fix it at this point. All the top programs are dirty.

Which is funny because OSU's Gene Smith was also on that committee.

Feels good to be a Cane fan. =(

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Why would that make a difference? They're guilty just because an article came out.
    It may not make a difference to anyone else, but I'm one of those stupid fools in this country who still actually believe in innocent until proven guilty, whether it be something in athletics or a court of law. To hell with the court of public opinion. If that court had it's way, every goddamn person in this country would be in prison for something.

While it's a seemingly damning report, until there is officially something from the NCAA, I'm viewing it with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by cjg225 View Post
    I've always thought OSU would get off without any penalty, but I'm not sure why Miami being worse means OSU should no longer be attacked. If you torch your neighbor's car, you committed a crime whether or not your neighbor is a mass murderer.

I think OSU doesn't have to worry about the kind of canary this Shapiro guy is. I firmly believe that OSU is a filthy program, but they have a loyalty amongst their supporters perhaps unlike any other in college sports.
    It doesn't mean OSU should no longer be attacked, I'm just saying, for all the people on the internet and all the talking douches on TV or radio or in newspapers, this will probably turn their attention partially away from Ohio State, so OSU won't be getting blasted quite so often and much. They've been blasting the hell out of Ohio State for months now, and then here comes Miami with supposed violations and infractions beyond worse than Ohio State's.

It doesn't mean OSU should no longer be attacked, I'm just saying, for all the people on the internet and all the talking douches on TV or radio or in newspapers, this will probably turn their attention partially away from Ohio State, so OSU won't be getting blasted quite so often and much. They've been blasting the hell out of Ohio State for months now, and then here comes Miami with supposed violations and infractions beyond worse than Ohio State's.
    My big concern is that the NCAA uses this as an excuse to let OSU slide with their self-imposed retroactive "penalties," which are absolutely useless and deter nothing. They'll say they've got bigger fish to fry.

Quote Originally Posted by cjg225 View Post
    My big concern is that the NCAA uses this as an excuse to let OSU slide with their self-imposed retroactive "penalties," which are absolutely useless and deter nothing. They'll say they've got bigger fish to fry.
    Well, I think they'll still come down hard, since Ohio State's infractions are still pretty big violations. With as much as Ohio State and their violations have been news and talked about all summer, I don't think the NCAA can let them off easy without basically showing everyone in the world they are nothing but a sham when it comes to big time programs.

Get your shovels out someone if about to die! This isn't looking good if even half is true.
    Last edited by oweb26; 08-17-2011 at 08:05 AM.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I'm not gonna lie, I didn't even read any of the article. I'm just so tired of all the bullshit with college football. All of this wink wink nudge nudge shit with these programs just piss me off. You can't tell me that schools don't know that these coaches, athletic directors, and boosters aren't doing this shit cause every time this shit comes out, almost everyone immediately says, "Well, duh, they're a big time program; of course they're doing this, they all do it."

The NCAA needs to shit or get off the pot with this shit.

Shit: Actually do something worthwhile against these programs besides playing fuckin' pattycake with them and hire somebody to fuckin' police this shit better.

Get off the pot: Fuck all this "scholarship" shit. Fuck all this "higher learning" shit. Pay players as semi-professionals and get it over and done with.

I'm pretty sure that if you take into account how much schools are making off of TV markets, how much schools are making off of merchandising from these guys playing football, and how much the corrupt fuckin' bowl games are making off of these guys, they're probably making more money than the NFL is, cause it's pretty fuckin' obscene how much money is being made off of "student" athletes.