Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome & Introduction Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    A lot of you probably know me from another site. I'm from Texas. I currently live in Dallas and teach high school here. My wife and I are expecting the birth of our first child (a little girl) in September. I grew up watching the Longhorns and Cowboys with my dad and although I am a fan of sports in general, those teams will always be my first love.

I am almost exclusively a Coach Mode player although I have occasionally been know to delve into Campus Legend. As I've matured (ie. aged) I have lost a lot of my fascination with the game. I still play it and enjoy it but it hasn't fundamentally changed since I first started playing and has consistently lagged far behind other sports games in terms of innovation and improvement.

I don't really understand why this site was created as a separate entity. I feel a little like a kid whose parents have divorced, but I will visit here occasionally for information specifically related to the game.

(For the record, I am not trying to stir anything up or start trouble. I just thought it would be good to be completely open and honest in my introduction. I fully intend to follow all rules and regulations as I have done on every board I've been a part of.)

Welcome! It's always nice to see familiar names.

Came over here from OperationSports, was a long time lurker at your guy's old site. I am a huge Wazzu fan even though I live in Seattle. Go figure. Been playing Ncaa 08 with Eastern Washington on the Xbox to tie me over for the new game; after playing the demo, I can never go back to Ncaa 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoes002 View Post
    after playing the demo, I can never go back to Ncaa 10.
    HA! True Dat My Bro! Go Cougs!

Quote Originally Posted by worst2first View Post
    I don't really understand why this site was created as a separate entity. I feel a little like a kid whose parents have divorced, but I will visit here occasionally for information specifically related to the game.
    Sometimes it's just all about maturity man. Your screen name pretty much describes it all. Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Welcome! Great intros, guys. Glad to have you here.
    Yeah man, this is awesome! Site's blowin up! Boo Ya! Triple Post! (not on purpose

Quantrell, 32 from New Orleans, LA. Massive fanboy for my alma mater, the University of Southern Mississippi (c/o '01). I studied Sports Medicine there and I'm now a certified athletic trainer. I teach Sports Medicine and First Responder at Donaldsonville High School in LA as well as serve as the head athletic trainer. I'm married with no kids but I do have 2 dogs that act like little children. I'm souljahbill on the PSN and if anyone has a Wii, I actually play that too if you wanna exchange (unnecessarily long) Wii codes. On the side, for fun, I'm a contributing writer at www.themarriedgamers.net
    Last edited by souljahbill; 07-03-2010 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoes002 View Post
    after playing the demo, I can never go back to Ncaa 10.
    I will only go back to finish my last few Road To Glory games to get the platinum trophy

Nothingface

Crumb Donuts rule.
    Miami Hurricane fanatic.
    31 y/o with a 9 month son.
    Completely hyped for NCAA 11.
    Californian.
    Former console RPG player.
    Eating ritz and cheez wiz.
    Wondering if i'll get too drunk on Sunday and make a fool of myself.
    Hello everyone!

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface View Post
    Nothingface

Crumb Donuts rule.
    Miami Hurricane fanatic.
    31 y/o with a 9 month son.
    Completely hyped for NCAA 11.
    Californian.
    Former console RPG player.
    Eating ritz and cheez wiz.
    Wondering if i'll get too drunk on Sunday and make a fool of myself.
    Hello everyone!
    :drools:

chase
    20 y/o
    just moved to panama city, fl
    originally from louisville, ky
    big louisville fan
    big sports gamer, mostly ncaa fb and nba 2k
    i do web development as a job and a hobby

not a big fan of the huge forums, prefer smaller online communities.
    saw this site on BigBlue's twitter page

Welcome, Chase! Glad to have you here.

XBL tag- Skilly52

im 27 yrs old, i have a 4yr old son and not looking to have anymore haha... im a die hard Fighting Irish fan and a super die hard giants fan, its how i was born and raised and im doing the same with my son haha.. im from the poconos, PA, i absoultly love to play NCAA football and madden been playing it since nintendo haha, i currently work for a lumber company making some good money but not happy so that is why im currently in police acadamy part time to be a cop.. well i look foward to ncaa 11 on tuesday and hope to play with some you guys.. glad to be here!

Good to have you Skilly!

Chase/Skilly: Welcome dudes! You sound like busy guys.

Hello All,

My name is Austin, I finished my undergrad and PhD at the University of Arizona, so needless to say that's where my collegiate allegiances lie. I am 30 years, teach Molecular and Cellular Biology at UofA as an associate professor. I can't remember being so excited for any NCAA game before. I've been married for 6 years and have no children, glad to be a part of this site, seems I've found an NCAA site with some mature persons on it Hope to see you all online or in an OD which I am very active in.

Glad to have you on doc!

Quote Originally Posted by DrManateePhD View Post
    Hello All,

My name is Austin, I finished my undergrad and PhD at the University of Arizona, so needless to say that's where my collegiate allegiances lie. I am 30 years, teach Molecular and Cellular Biology at UofA as an associate professor. I can't remember being so excited for any NCAA game before. I've been married for 6 years and have no children, glad to be a part of this site, seems I've found an NCAA site with some mature persons on it Hope to see you all online or in an OD which I am very active in.
    I hate you already! How did you finish so fast at 30 all the way to your Phd? Either you are really smart or I am a total dumb ass, probably the later.

Whats going on guys names Boucher, you may have seen me from OS, DS,VSND,SL or follow me on twitter. Ive already seen a few people here that I know such as Potatoes, Rudy, and Dr Death

Looking forward to talking Cfball and X's and O's