Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Welcome & Introduction Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Varsity
    Thanks guys. Looking forward to being on here for a while. I'm hoping we'll see some more xbox dynasties join us in the hub. It's lonely right now

Quote Originally Posted by acropora52 View Post
    Thanks guys. Looking forward to being on here for a while. I'm hoping we'll see some more xbox dynasties join us in the hub. It's lonely right now
    They can be fun, I was part of one for a little bit, but after a while it just gets to be too much of a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    They can be fun, I was part of one for a little bit, but after a while it just gets to be too much of a pain in the ass.
    Get a PS3. We don't have any problems
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Get a PS3. We don't have any problems
    I just meant in the various aspects of running/playing in an OD. Having to play games under a certain time limit (even a two or three day advance period get be an issue for me at times as during this time of the year, I pretty much never have a night free from Thursday through Saturday due to basketball and other stuff keeping me at work until at least 10pm (it's even worse during HS football season, as I am lucky if I even make it out of work before 11:30pm, and then have to turn right around and leave at 2am to go back into work for my Saturday morning show).

Then you have to deal with trying to get your schedules to match up with someone else so you can play a head-to-head game, and then hope your internet connections and consoles will actually cooperate together and let you connect and play the game. Playing offline dynasty, I don't have to worry about that. I can play a game whenever I want at my leisure, play at my own pace, and the only thing I have to worry about or concern myself with is typing up the details of the game to post in my dynasty thread.

I could recruit right now during halftime of the NCG if I wanted, come back tomorrow and play my first game of my 2016 season, maybe play a second game tomorrow or Wednesday, and then not play again until Sunday, and I wouldn't have to worry about a thing. In an OD, with say a two day advance cycle, I'd be able to play a game tomorrow, hope we advanced fast enough to play another game on Wednesday, but then wouldn't be able to play again until sometime Sunday, which would either completely hold up the dynasty for a couple days for everyone, or I'd end up missing 1-2 games that would be simmed because I couldn't play them.

So while I do enjoy a fun and competitive OD (when I have actually be in them), ultimately, they just aren't doable for me because of work (my hours and schedule basically are different every single week, depending on what all we have going on in terms of live remotes and sports) and week advance time limits.

Recruit
    hello everyone.

my name is David, i live in Hendersonville TN and i am a disabled sports fan and sports video gamer. i am on other sites but was a long time member of NCAA Utpota (selling can get off forgive me) till one day i tired to change my emails and i misspelled my new email and never got the conform email. i saw this during a search for the old site and saw many names i remember i hope people remember me from the old site

my other hobbies are police scanning radios coins stamps and enjoying life.

Welcome!

Recruit
    Thanks JB ! I Remember you from the old site. hope you are well buddy

Good to have you here, man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hvegasooner View Post
    Thanks JB ! I Remember you from the old site. hope you are well buddy
    Trying to keep up with many things going on at the same time

Not sure how many of you remember me but I haven't been on here for a long time.

I am a senior in high school, playing college football at a D2 school next year.

Love the game of football happy to be back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well...I've been here a few weeks and still exploring the forum and found this thread. Since I donated today, I thought it would be good to introduce myself.

My name is Gannon and I am 34 years old. I live in the Louisville area and am a Sales Rep at a local electronic distributor. I am a graduate of the University of Louisville and am a proud supporter of all of their athletics...although can only afford season tickets of a few...LOL.

Besides video games and college football, I love baseball and to golf.

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Well...I've been here a few weeks and still exploring the forum and found this thread. Since I donated today, I thought it would be good to introduce myself.

My name is Gannon and I am 34 years old. I live in the Louisville area and am a Sales Rep at a local electronic distributor. I am a graduate of the University of Louisville and am a proud supporter of all of their athletics...although can only afford season tickets of a few...LOL.

Besides video games and college football, I love baseball and to golf.
    I am also near Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I am also near Louisville.
    Small world....lol

Welcome to a great community! Great to have you both.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Welcome to a great community! Great to have you both.

Thanks!

Welcome to the site countryboy and welcome back cody. Great site great group of posters here!! Tons of knowledge of damn near everything, I mean just ask JB anything about cats, he has the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Welcome to the site countryboy and welcome back cody. Great site great group of posters here!! Tons of knowledge of damn near everything, I mean just ask JB anything about cats, he has the answer!
    Or about taking dumps at work.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Not cats. LOLcats. I'm allergic to real cats.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Or about taking dumps at work.
    the office holds many stories

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Not cats. LOLcats. I'm allergic to real cats.
    That's right I forgot about that

Im glad to be here. hopefully I can find some sim players to game with in an online dynasty