Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Fantasy Football Talk Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    I went QB, WR, HB, HB, WR, HB before I stopped.

Just did the draft order for my league based on last year's results, and I pick 8th. Hoping either Rodgers or Vick fall to me there.

Unless I get a top pick, I will wait to get a RB until the 3rd or 4th round, but then load up on RB's from picks 3-6 or 4-7.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Vick is a bad pick. There's no way in hell I'd take him in the top 50, much less in the top 12. That's just nuts. I don't care what the Eagles do on defense and offense, he's not a good passer and definitely not good enough to be taken before Manning, Brady, or Schaub. That's just crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Vick is a bad pick. There's no way in hell I'd take him in the top 50, much less in the top 12. That's just nuts. I don't care what the Eagles do on defense and offense, he's not a good passer and definitely not good enough to be taken before Manning, Brady, or Schaub. That's just crazy talk.
    This article may change your mind.

http://t.co/pfdSciX

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    This article may change your mind.

http://t.co/pfdSciX
    I understand the logic of this article, but I think why everyone is so gun shy is.... can he actually perform anywhere near this level again? If he's there late in the 1st round, I'm taking him but at #1... I'd shy away.

Yeah no way I'm taking him in the top 5. But if I'm sitting 8-12, I will take a chance on him.

I'm thinking about going RB, WR, WR, QB instead if I get a top 5 pick (and can take either Ray Rice or Jamaal Charles), otherwise, I might actually skip RB first and go WR, RB, WR, QB. The drop off from Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, and Adrian Peterson (Arian Foster is a horrible #1 pick - it's a proven fact that, unless your name is Adrian Peterson, if you have a year of carrying the ball 321 times or more, your next year is going to be a bad year) is pretty significant. Darren McFadden is interesting, but I just can't trust a Raider player to be consistent. Chris Johnson is awesome and will only be better with Hasselbeck throwing the ball to open up the running lanes a bit, but he doesn't fit the bill of exactly what I'm going for (at least 70+ targets along with 1,000+ yards and 5+ TDs).

Right now, my main targets at HB are these:

Round 1:
    Jamaal Charles (they're gonna run the ball more, it's almost a guarantee)
    Ray Rice (he's the PPR Gold Standard right now at RB unless you really think Arian Foster is gonna have another good year - I don't)
    Adrian Peterson (hard to pass up on him, though fumble issues are worrisome)

Round 2:
    LeSean McCoy (pretty much a receiving machine, but injuries concern me and, therefore, I refuse to take him in the 1st round unless we're talkin' late 1st round 10-12 pick)
    Matt Forte (would much rather take him in the 3rd round, but he's definitely an interesting RB - lookin' for another great FF year from him)
    Darren McFadden (again, too hard to trust a Raider in the first for my liking)

Round 3:
    Stephen Jackson (could be an absolute steal in the 3rd round but, only rarely lasts that long because he's on one of the last few teams that's not RB by committee - Cadillac Williams won't last long there, he's terrible)

Round 4 or 5:

Jahvid Best (injury concerns, big time)

After those guys, the PPR RBs are pretty much non-existent.
    Last edited by morsdraconis; 08-08-2011 at 03:25 PM.

otherwise, I might actually skip RB first and go WR, RB, WR, QB.
    Personally I would advise against this. Get your RBs early and often. The drop off might be significant in the top 10 RBs but they will go like hotcakes. If you wait until the 2nd and 5th round for your 2 RBs you'll get a questionable starter and your 2nd back will be a backup somewhere. WRs are a dime a dozen. If you look at the historic numbers of wideouts they have the least amount of variability. My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Personally I would advise against this. Get your RBs early and often. The drop off might be significant in the top 10 RBs but they will go like hotcakes. If you wait until the 2nd and 5th round for your 2 RBs you'll get a questionable starter and your 2nd back will be a backup somewhere. WRs are a dime a dozen. If you look at the historic numbers of wideouts they have the least amount of variability. My 2 cents.
    For a non-PPR league, that's very true, but when I can get a 100 catch WR as well as someone like Reggie Wayne in the first three rounds, for a PPR league, that's some serious points that a RB in the 3rd and 4th round just can't match (unless I somehow get lucky and get Stephen Jackson in the 3rd round).

For a non-PPR league, that's very true, but when I can get a 100 catch WR as well as someone like Reggie Wayne in the first three rounds, for a PPR league, that's some serious points that a RB in the 3rd and 4th round just can't match (unless I somehow get lucky and get Stephen Jackson in the 3rd round).
    True...

Although I would grab one of those backs that get a number of catches in there somewhere. Of course I've never participated in a PPR league.

Have a feeling Forte could have a nice year this year.

I'm looking at joining a league since I have been out of it for a little bit now.

What is everyone's feeling on Peyton Hillis?

He's slipping like crazy in drafts. I'm almost tempted to take him in the 3rd or 4th round.

What is everyone's feeling on Peyton Hillis?

He's slipping like crazy in drafts. I'm almost tempted to take him in the 3rd or 4th round.
    He's definitely worth a 3rd or 4th rounder I think. Just don't get him too high.

3rd round once again for him. Interesting. Definitely on my radar now.

Went a bit of a different route this time:

1. LeSean McCoy (Phi - RB)
    2. Roddy White (Atl - WR)
    3. Steven Jackson (StL - RB)
    4. Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
    5. Mario Manningham (NYG - WR)
    6. Santana Moss (Was - WR)
    7. Felix Jones (Dal - RB)
    8. Pierre Garcon (Ind - WR)
    9. Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
    10. A.J. Green (Cin - WR)
    11. Chris Cooley (Was - TE)
    12. Rashad Jennings (Jac - RB)
    13. Ryan Fitzpatrick (Buf - QB)
    14. Detroit (Det - DEF)
    15. Alex Henery (Phi - K)

Pretty much a PPR league's wet dream with the amount of catches those guys are gonna have if they all stay healthy.

Still don't know about Matt Ryan. I really need to do some research on his actual consistency throughout the year. I seem to remember getting fucked by him either last year or the year before because of his inconsistent play.

Matt Ryan is more solid than a superstar. More often than not, he's not going to win you a league. It will be curious how the drafting of Julio Jones will open up the passing game though.

Not sure who I want to take with the #1 pick. Leaning towards RB definitely but can't decide Peterson or CJ2K

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Not sure who I want to take with the #1 pick. Leaning towards RB definitely but can't decide Peterson or CJ2K
    I'd go Foster over both.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.