Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updates from the NCAA Football Demo to Retail

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    That is because they are still being punished for burdening college football with the Solich years. College football is much more harmonious when Nebraska has a solid team.
    haha... better Solich than Callahan & that's saying something... Well hopefully harmony will be restored this year, it'd be nice to win the Big 12 on our way out! Sorry for getting off topic.... so yeah... updates from the demo look good :p

So it seems that they fixed all the problems from the demo for the retail. So whats going to be in the day 1 patch that I heard about?

I love that they're fixing all of this. There are definitely a few things on that list that I noticed a bit, the read option from the hashes, deep zones, the FB fake toss and the animation where the QB gets stuck trying to hand it off. luckily that one happened to the comp, but still sucked. oh and also where the QB stutters running across the LOS

Man, that's a huge relief. This is sufficiently larger than past tweaks and fixes between demo and final build. EA continues to impress me with their efforts this season. I'm guessing that this is in large part due to the 3 day CD instead of 1. The noticeable issues take more than a few times of play to recognize, and the fact that most of this list was undoubtedly discovered by those that played at CD is a great indication that it was the right move to extend it. Thanks EA, and thanks cd guys. Looks like a great job

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    So it seems that they fixed all the problems from the demo for the retail. So whats going to be in the day 1 patch that I heard about?
    Maybe MP exploits, network tweaks, and the like?

I respect the efforts that have been made to point things out and improve the games - especially cdj, who is as good a guy and stand-up person as I have met in the online gaming world to date; BUT, there is no way in hell I am falling in line with believing ANY of this until it is proven.

I have heard the promises of patches to fix things and the excuses of "early builds" too many times to suck back one more drop of that Kool-Aid.

Let me get this straight...EA releases a demo that is riddled with flaws and exploits and problems. Then they claim to have magically "fixed" all of these issues - in very vague, circular wording like "removed", "fixed" and "tuned", without so much as a scrap of hard evidence showing these fixes and how they corrected the issues.

What in the last 6 years has EA done to deserve the benefit of the doubt? Is it the string of great releases? The series of groundbreaking, genre defining NCAA games on the XB360 and PS3?

I am unsold until there is video PROOF of these fixes in action AND video proof that their alleged attempts to fix these things did not irreparably break other aspects of the game (before and after videos preferably....and I don't want to hear the "there is not time to do that" nonsense either...in the era of YouTube videos, EA could be FLOODING the market with proof!). Because everyone can SEE what they are shown - instead of BELIEVE what they are told, I do not expect to see anything like this until the users themselves make the videos and put them up post release - most likely showing examples that directly dispute this list of "fixes"...

I am Rod Tidwell on this one, and they need to show me the money, convince me...SHOW me that they have done what they say they have done...and preferably they should be screaming it into their phone to convince me to even give them another chance!

I got Bob Sugar on the other line EA!

Your points are very valid, Moos. No one knows how things will play out come July 13, but I will say to EA SPORTS' credit that they are doing a better job of getting the Community Events early enough to get feedback into the title. As you and I know, that wasn't an option at events like the NCAA 08 & 09 event which were held when the game was all but finished. IMO, the NCAA team is doing what they can to try and solve as many in-game issues that exist as quickly as possible. We'll find that out leading up to 7-13.

And I would pay to hear you scream "Show me the money!" :p Glad to see you here! I hope to see you sign up for the Championship Series.

I guess we just have to trust EA that they "greatly improved" (whatever that means) the DB AI and the pass rush. Using subjective/vague terms like that leaves EA opened up to MAJOR ridicule if people are not happy with the pass rush/DB AI improvements.

What I would call "greatly improved" is going to be much different that what someone else might call "greatly improved" which of course is different from what EA calls "greatly improved". It's like that "hope" and "change" stuff. But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    And I would pay to hear you scream "Show me the money!" :p Glad to see you here! I hope to see you sign up for the Championship Series.
    Thanks Chris, if I could get pre-recorded sound bites to play through my headset, people would be hearing it online during every game! SHOOOOOOOW MEEEEE THHHHEEE MOOOOONNNEEEYYYY!!!!

I am registered for the series...just got to decide which console to play on...I did both the last 2 years and its really hurts my participation because I was constantly switching back and forth (makes getting a good series of games in against one or two opponents that way)...

I'm leaning towards the 360 this year and moving my Madden playing to PS3 to have a more natural split.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I will say to EA SPORTS' credit that they are doing a better job of getting the Community Events early enough to get feedback into the title. As you and I know, that wasn't an option at events like the NCAA 08 & 09 event which were held when the game was all but finished. IMO, the NCAA team is doing what they can to try and solve as many in-game issues that exist as quickly as possible.
    The NCAA team has seemed to be MUCH more responsive to their fans compared to the Madden team this year. I will still enjoy the game (with the right opponents, the wrong ones just get a quit or no games in the first place), but like I have been saying over at MMP, I can't help but wonder "what if"? Especially, wondering what would NCAA 11 play like if it had everything it does and added the Euphoria based collisions to handle tackles, blocking and big hits...one day, one day...

Every time I have gotten let down on something this year or been worried EA has actually countered that with updates like this lol. I am very glad that almost all the glitches I have seen are fixed so far. There are still a couple that were not mentioned on the list that I have seen, but nothing too drastic.

I really like the list. The real test is how much that stuff improved. I'm probably going to keep playing my Detroit Tigers season with just a little of the NCAA demo sprinkled in until release. I'm tired of 2 minute quarters.

CDJ, would you be able to tell me if the Rocket catch exploit means no jump ball on offense or something else that was triggering the animation that made it unstable.

I'm also interested in hearing about the rocket catch. I formally used to be a tournament style player and I would cheese so I'm just wondering what it was like in the demo (haven't tried)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue View Post
    I'm also interested in hearing about the rocket catch. I formally used to be a tournament style player and I would cheese so I'm just wondering what it was like in the demo (haven't tried)
    i liked it . it didn't seem to powerful to me but having taller recievers jump for the ball i thought was cool, also i saw an animation where he jumped stretched out for the ball and fell on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    CDJ, would you be able to tell me if the Rocket catch exploit means no jump ball on offense or something else that was triggering the animation that made it unstable.
    EA would have to clarify that. I would assume a jump ball is still possible, not the part where the QB can bullet it in ever time. That's just a guess though.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Lurkers! I know you are there! Still haven't figured out why you haven't tabbed myself and JeffH to fix the UM and OSU rosters for you every year!!
    Hahaha. I would be hopeless at updating the Buckeyes this year. Spent too much time thinking about my 1995 team.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    The day 1 patch, from what I've seen, in just a rumor on some sites. They're expecting that these fixes are actually going to be in an early patch, rather than the retail release. I haven't seen anything official on a Day 1 Patch yet. It's speculation at this point.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

i think the rocket catch thing may have to do with defense , i was playing a bit ago and i watched the safety run with his back to the ball turn and jump , while my reciever had to take a step then turn and jump.

The day 1 patch was speculation/hope as far as I know based on all the issues in the demo. Because of the early CD though, most of the issues will be or already have been addressed prior to release. So the need for a day 1 patch is now muted.