Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rugby Challenge - You will say WOW

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Rugby World Cup 2011 (Xbox PS3)

Made by the fellas at 505 (Backbreaker)
    For the sake of clarification, 505 Games produced Backbreaker and Backbreaker: Vengeance but did not develop the games. The developer for BB is NaturalMotion, who had no hand in making this rugby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    For the sake of clarification, 505 Games produced Backbreaker and Backbreaker: Vengeance but did not develop the games. The developer for BB is NaturalMotion, who had no hand in making this rugby game.
    And, in fact, the developer of the Rugby title is HB Studios, who made EA's Rugby and Cricket titles on PS2. Very good Rugby games, imo.

Plus last year's FIFA World Cup game.

I'm looking forward to both Rugby World Cup and Rugby Challenge -- right now I'm hoping to try both of them one way or another, and hope they both go on sale here. But kinda expecting that they won't.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 08-02-2011 at 08:35 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Has so much of a FIFA feel to it.

It was okay, but I have no idea what I'm doing in the first place
    Here is a good video explaining the rules and such. It was from EA's Rugby game back in the PS2 days.

Last edited by bdoughty; 08-02-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paakaa10 View Post
    Thanks, I edited my post for accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    And, in fact, the developer of the Rugby title is HB Studios, who made EA's Rugby and Cricket titles on PS2. Very good Rugby games, imo.

Plus last year's FIFA World Cup game.

I'm looking forward to both Rugby World Cup and Rugby Challenge -- right now I'm hoping to try both of them one way or another, and hope they both go on sale here. But kinda expecting that they won't.
    In case you missed it and I even forgot I posted the demo info in my original post on the game. The Demo will be available on the PS3 tomorrow.

The Demo will be available on the PS3 tomorrow.
    I knew one of them was coming out tomorrow, but I couldn't remember off the top of my head whether both games are going to have demos in the US. More importantly, I've yet to figure out retail availability for either title. I could find them for pre-sale overseas, but not here.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 08-02-2011 at 10:17 PM.

I knew one of them was coming out tomorrow, but I couldn't remember off the top of my head is both games are going to have demos in the US. More importantly, I've yet to figure out retail availability for either title. I could find them for pre-sale overseas, but not here.
    Yeah, that's my worry. I hoping they will both be released in the US, but haven't been able to find out for sure yet.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Well, the one that isn't the demo available actually looked better than the one that has the demo out, for what that's worth.

I know dick about rugby but if it's a fun game, I might give it a try.

Yeah, the non-demo one looks the best in my opinion, plus it's a full regular game, not a World Cup type version.

But, I love Rugby so if I can, I'm going to get both.

Never heard of CDWow but they they have it listed in the US.

Unfortunately for 360 owners the game is PAL.

http://www.cdwow.us/games/rugby-worl...60/dp/22566029

Fortunately for PS3 owners they have no region coding

http://www.cdwow.us/games/rugby-worl...566033#bc=d817

Take this with a grain of salt. saw it mentioned on a few forums including OS.

A few people got an email from 505 games stating a release in North America on Sept 6th exclusively at Gamestop for 360. PS3 version available via download through PSN.

If that's true, hello rugby! I don't care if it was exclusive to Hooter's, as long as it's released in the US, I'll be happy. As for PS3, that's a little odd, that they're releasing a full game/disc for 360, but PS3 has to download it through PSN.

Rugby World Cup 2011 - Xbox 360 - Release Date 9/6/11

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/gam...cup-2011/92846

$49.99

No PS3 game listed so it appears it will be a download from PSN.

The best part of this and I will be Pre-Ordering this game, is that it has to provide some motivation to get Rugby Challenge over here. The game has the USA team in it for cripes sake.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-04-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Nice! Only $50, even better! At least one, hopefully two pre-orders coming up!

Confirmation (per IGN):
    Rugby World Cup 2011 will be available on the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation Network for PlayStation 3 on September 6, 2011 for $49.99. An official demo for the game is now available for download via Xbox LIVE. For more information, please visit the official website at www.rwc2011game.com and facebook.com/rwc2011game.

DEMO Alert: Rugby World Cup 2011 DEMO is available to all regions - 540.48MB (Xbox 360 - have no clue if it is on the PS3 since I do not have one)
    It was scheduled to be released to PSN on Wednesday. Inexplicably, it was only released to PAL territories. Maybe the US is not getting it until next Tuesday (normal update time?), 'cause otherwise that doesn't make a lick of sense. Take a USA Eagles license and practically give it no chance of getting attention in the US? Wtf.

Of course, being released to PAL doesn't prevent people here getting it ... but still ... oi.

40-0 by half in my first game. Perhaps Easy is a little too easy, yes? Lol.

40-0 by half in my first game. Perhaps Easy is a little too easy, yes? Lol.
    40-0? Damn! The best I've ever done is 14-0 at halftime playing as South Africa. My first game I played, I was losing to England 17-14 at the half.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Has so much of a FIFA feel to it.

It was okay, but I have no idea what I'm doing in the first place
    Damn this game looks complicated. SO many players... what the hell is going on??? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    40-0? Damn! The best I've ever done is 14-0 at halftime playing as South Africa. My first game I played, I was losing to England 17-14 at the half.
    Well, it may help that I played the PS2 game as recently as a couple years ago, and played it quite a bit. I can still see some of the same AI problems, at least at Easy, exist, so I was able to take advantage of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Damn this game looks complicated. SO many players... what the hell is going on??? lol.
    It's really just a massive Triple Option play