Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA 11 Playbook & Diagram Art? VG not working on it.

• Facebook
  • Display

NCAA 11 Playbook & Diagram Art? VG not working on it.

I was hoping to download this again this year. Didn't we get playbooks from the easports website last year though?

I appologize to those of you who came in here thinking you were about to see all of the playbooks....my bad
    Last edited by lilheavy; 06-17-2010 at 02:11 PM.

Yeah, EA had them up last year. Free.

I always looked/was interested in seeing if these strategy books were any good but never bought one.

I was one of the people who thought there was gonna be playbooks.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I always looked/was interested in seeing if these strategy books were any good but never bought one.
    I wasn't talking about the strategy guide, last year he provided a download link to a file with all of the team playbooks and diagram art. It was free.

EA did that for NCAA 09. Is VG still making the print strategy guide for NCAA or doing any online guides for it?

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    EA did that for NCAA 09. Is VG still making the print strategy guide for NCAA or doing any online guides for it?
    Last year they had a downloadable app available. To get it you just had to sign up for their site and register for their emails if I remember correctly.

Any updates on this?

Once again NCAA gets screwed. I will do a formation table breakdown, the ame I do for madden every year. Maybe we can get somebody to do something with the books. As far as strategy guides I would like to see us have a section divided into like PRO Style, Flexbone, Spread, etc...and we all contribute. Face it guys, I know many of you on here and I see a lot of people like KEONTZ for example who knows football. I would trust what he says over anybody trying to gain a money value over us. To many good football minds on this site.

I have also found that a lot of the same concepts used in madden will work the same if not better in this years NCAA Game. I have done this every year, kind of a 2 for 1 deal lol!

Good riddance. I'm actually glad they aren't going to make their Playbook file this year. Last year's e-book crap was ridiculous. Add onto that all the teams I found were annoyingly wrong, and I'm glad they won't be doing it.

(Note, when I say "wrong" I mean the plays that were specified in the formations. The formations themselves were right, and the info that was in the printed strategy guide was quite good.)

Of course, this also probably means we won't be getting Fluff's Playbook Finder this year ...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Too bad... I wanted to see the Generic Pistol playbook...

to the CD guys....

Have you guys heard anything about if we are going to get copies of playbooks this year?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by Keontez View Post
    to the CD guys....

Have you guys heard anything about if we are going to get copies of playbooks this year?
    I hope we do, but I doubt it. With VG not doing it anymore, EA has no reason to release them now (though I certainly hope they do because it made looking at everything REALLY easily done).

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I hope we do, but I doubt it. With VG not doing it anymore, EA has no reason to release them now (though I certainly hope they do because it made looking at everything REALLY easily done).
    Actually two years ago they released them in PDF format. I assume last year the major reason they didn't is because they struck a deal with VG for exclusivity. As for this year, no clue from me personally but I'll see if I can find out any word on it and maybe if they haven't considered it, they will now that we know that VG won't be doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Actually two years ago they released them in PDF format. I assume last year the major reason they didn't is because they struck a deal with VG for exclusivity. As for this year, no clue from me personally but I'll see if I can find out any word on it and maybe if they haven't considered it, they will now that we know that VG won't be doing them.
    Gschwendt, Thanks. I'm starting to get impatient and scared that nothing will be released before the game.

I'd like to encourage them to also consider releasing the Excel version of the rosters again, like they did two years ago. I realize Teambuilder is designed to serve this function, but some of us (myself included) have use for Excel versions as well.

Prima is putting out a strategy guide this year and it's going for around $10 on Amazon right now.

Here is the product description:

*This year's Guide will use our more accessible spiral bound format, making it easier to read and get the essential strategy you need to dominate the game. Pages will be in landscape format and packed with expert strategy written by tournament veterans!

*The Guide will focus on breaking down the eight offensive styles that make college football so unique. The Air Raid, the Spread Option, and more will be covered in greater detail than ever before.

*Top 15 Team Breakdown: In-depth look at the Top 15 teams including strength charts and player ratings!

*Master the new Assignment AI system so you can dominate in the run game!

* 160 pages

No word on if it will have playbooks or formations for each team.

If it's 160 pages, I'd practically guarantee formations will be in, but not play art.

Spiral Bound is very nice. Last year's guide was incredibly unwieldy.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Of course, this also probably means we won't be getting Fluff's Playbook Finder this year ...
    Yep, he confirmed this week that he isn't doing it this year. That sucks to because I am still using that thing two weeks before 2011 comes out. It was the most helpful tool by far.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    anything on this yet?