Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Michigan Wolverines 2010-2011 Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Broken ankle, possible ligament damage is last I heard.

Good news is that Stonum showed up to play this camp. Tate......he needs to earn his wings.

Yep, Woolfolk most likely done...I really had high hopes for the defensive improvement and that flies out the window.

So has DG passed Tate then as well? (assuming Denard already has)

Getting wings = passing conditioning test.

Players without wings.

Hemingway, White, Forcier and Jerald Robinson

From the history of the Forcier family, if Tate breaks camp as #3 he will transfer before the season starts. Didn't all his brothers transfer around to make sure they started? I can't imagine Tate would accept being #3. Furthermore, unless Gardner is unbelievable, why not redshirt him to make sure you get full use of his time at Michigan? It makes a lot more sense to me that he redshirt and be a freshman next year with Tate and Denard juniors. Until I see Denard make good reads and make a lot of plays in the passing game I'm going say that Tate should be the man at QB.

The QB mess up there is really confusing me. Gardner unless he is a complete stud and can start within the first 4 games of this year he SHOULD redshirt in my opinion. Yes TatorTot wasn't impressive last year, but Denard still has to prove his worth as well. Should be interesting to see how this one plays out for you guys.

Terrible about the injury too, hope he heals soon.

Uh, Tate's numbers were solid last year.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=480264

Gardner is the best of the 3 at running the read option. He is also the best of the 3, heading into fall camp at least so who knows who they have progressed during fall camp, at looking at TEs down the seam and also waiting on the outside receiver routes to develop. Tate and Denard are too quick to hit the slots or safety valve receivers.
    Tate is the most polished passer mechanically, but he struggled badly with option reads last year. Denard is the fastest and improved greatly as a passer, but needs to polish up his option reads as well.

And yes, Gardner is a stud. Longtimers are already remarking on his intangibles for leadership, magnetic personality...the kind of QB that wills a team to win and players will go all-out for......something that Tate lost over the summer in not working as hard as others.....Tate is talented and cerebral enough to step in and still stand out, but needs to show the team he's busting ass as much as they are.

I'm just saying what I read on the Scout Premium boards fellas.

Scout sucks.

Rivals reports confirmed, real info instead of the borderline-tabloid style that Scout uses. Not to mention the free blog with good inside practice info, both good and bad, written by guys that know football.

Tate has his wings back, and the rumors about him transfering are not true. He has responded well to the challenge.

Good. I firmly believe the best chance to win this year is with Tate as the starting QB. Plus I don't want to have to change my avatar.

Just got my Michigan UConn tickets. Look for me on tv. Right behind Michigans sideline, row 14!