Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shripe's Rise to his Alma Mater (also known as the 'I Know Tables' thread)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyReign View Post
    Good luck. DC in the SEC with Vandy? Can't wait to see how this unfolds...
    Nope, OC still. Haven't been able to snag a DC job quite yet. I suppose having to settle for the one-star teams is all karma for trying to pick and choose what I want to play. I'm playing off a pretty good All-American slider set, but it happens to show off how poor the poor teams really are at times. Quite a struggle, and I've found myself simming after a quarter or half of failures just to move on to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by HawkFan View Post
    Just wondering whats your coach loyalty rating after having three jobs in three years? Like the dynasty, will be following.
    Coach prestige is a B, not sure about loyalty as I haven't done much with recruiting. I might focus on recruiting some more in my next dynasty. And just a note, I started the first year before I made my first attempt at a thread here, and by the time I learned how to do tables, I was into my second year. So the first season posted was year 2 of 2 with Tulane.

Also, I'm sorry this isn't as flashy as some dynasties out there, nor as well-written, but sometimes I just don't have the motivation to explain out stats or big plays. Not as good of a read, but hey. Gets the job done, right?
    Last edited by Shripe; 07-22-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Week 3: Vanderbilt (1-0) vs. Northwestern (1-1) - IGNORE

Box Score

So close, yet so far

With a minute to go, Vanderbilt was set to let the clock run down, avoid risking a turnover, and kick a game-tying field goal. Turnovers in 2 early possessions led to 14 points by Northwestern, so Vandy was intent on kicking the field goal to force overtime. Northwestern, with all three timeouts, ices the Vanderbilt kicker three times over, and he ends up missing the 23 yard FG, giving Northwestern the win and Vandy the tough first loss of the season.

IMPORTANT NOTE

Now I can access the Dynasty, but it looks like this game never registered... Disregard this one, new game coming in a second. Hopefully a win.
    Last edited by Shripe; 07-23-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Week 3: Vanderbilt (1-0) vs. Northwestern (1-1) - IGNORE

Box Score

Player of the Game- Jerron Seymour, 25 carries, 222 yards, 8.8 avg, 2 TDs. 1 catch, 3 yards.

Two in a row

Running was key in this battle in hostile territory. The Commodores went up early thanks to a strong running game, headed by Jerron Seymour. The defense gave up a late touchdown, but the Wildcats were unable to recover the onside kick, securing Vanderbilt's second win in two games this season. Having equaled Vandy's win total from last season, the offensive coordinator is already being lauded as the best thing to happen to the school since Jay Cutler.

IMPORTANT NOTE... AKA Why me?

Once again, an error in downloading gameplay tuning after exiting the game means that the game doesn't get saved. This's ticking me off now.
    Last edited by Shripe; 07-23-2011 at 02:29 PM.

That sucks man.

Well... I'm tempted to set up a new dynasty for now, offline of course. I don't want things to get redundant though. Maybe I'll just mess around for a while.

Week 3: Vanderbilt (1-0) vs. Northwestern (1-1)

Box Score

Holding up a win

Penalties at the most inopportune times plagued the Commodore offense. A number of drives in a row during the second half had at least one holding penalty called on Vanderbilt, one with two holding and one clipping penalty. This held back their running game just enough to have to go to the pass to make up the extra yardage, making a late run game largely ineffective. This was a tough loss, but for a team playing on the road, it was a hard fought game. Things will likely prove to be much more difficult next week, when they visit #17 LSU.
    Last edited by Shripe; 07-23-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Week 4: Vanderbilt (1-1) vs. #14 LSU (2-0)

Box Score

No Challenge

Nobody's surprised by the result of this game, not even Vanderbilt's offensive coordinator. It takes a lot of effort to even score the 10 points the Commodores mustered against a top-tier team of the SEC, but it was clear that LSU outmatched them on every level. Next week, they look forward to a second notch in the win column against a weak FCS Northwest team.

Week 5: FCS Northwest vs. Vanderbilt (1-2)

Box Score

He "lit a fire under our asses"

Faced with a 7-0 deficit after one quarter of play against a ludicrously poor team, the offensive coach pulled the starting QB and HB aside, letting them know how disappointed he was with their performance. Up to that point, they combined for 3 interceptions and 1 fumble, at least one within the red zone. Something great must've been said, because from then on, the Commodores scored 45 straight points to secure the victory. After the game, the simple response from Jerron Seymour, who split the 4 rushing TDs in half along with backup Blake Gowder, was that he "lit a fire under our asses," sending their team on a rally made of hellfire to get the win.

Coaching Update - Coach Prestige: A

Goals

Week 6: Vanderbilt (2-2) vs. Utah State (1-2)

Herbstreit's Pick

Box Score

Offensive drought

After last week's thumping of FCS Northwest, there was little offensive firepower to be had against Utah State. It seems Vanderbilt is returning to mediocrity once again.

Coaching Update - Coaching Prestige: B+

Last edited by Shripe; 07-23-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Week 7: #17 Miss St (5-1) vs. Vanderbilt (2-3)

Herbstreit's Pick

Box Score

Rank disappointment

Not much can be said about this one, except one word: Expected. Expect more blowouts like this against the remaining ranked teams.
    Last edited by Shripe; 07-23-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Week 8: Vanderbilt (2-4) vs. #22 Georgia (5-2)

Herbstreit's Pick

Box Score

Some more promise

While everyone expected a loss, Vanderbilt seemed stronger than in its prior games against ranked teams. Defense held strong, and the offense managed to keep things relatively close through most of the game. They still couldn't muster a win, however. The Commodore defense has to be commended however, as things wouldn't have been as close without 4 fumble recoveries to halt the Bulldogs' offense.

Week 9: South Carolina (3-3) vs. Vanderbilt (2-5)

Herbstreit's Pick

Box Score

Too much for Vanderbilt

South Carolina's defense held strong, keeping Vanderbilt to only one touchdown in 9 red zone possessions. People begin to wonder when the search for a new field goal kicker will begin...
    Last edited by Shripe; 07-23-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Bruh, what sliders are you using?! Everybody is whoopin' your butt! In fact, I think I just beat you right now while I was reading this... 27-3 How are the suits feeling about this losing? Some of them are bad, like I know they didn't swallow the Utah State one easily.

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyReign View Post
    Bruh, what sliders are you using?! Everybody is whoopin' your butt! In fact, I think I just beat you right now while I was reading this... 27-3 How are the suits feeling about this losing? Some of them are bad, like I know they didn't swallow the Utah State one easily.
    My sliders are here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...set-enjoy.html

If I can't post that link, I'll just make a chart... In fact, I might as well put in the time to make one I'll go back to the first page to set one up...

Slider chart posted. As of now, I think it's just my stupidity plus poor WRs and QBs in the passing game leading to more picks and drops. Seems like a lot of times hen my players catch a ball with a defender nearby ready to make a hit, it's a drop. Or defenders like to spring up to knock down a pass that most defenders wouldn't get in reality (or I'd hope not lol). I think at times simming gives me the benefit of the doubt, other times it makes the situation worse.
    Last edited by Shripe; 07-23-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Week 10: Vanderbilt (2-6) vs. Ole Miss (6-2)

Herbstreit's Pick

Box Score

Dynasty Commentary

Hmm... It seems as though when I sim, red zone stats are abysmal for both sides (12-6-1 for them), and yet scores are so high... I think I may look for another slider set (perhaps varsity) and try a new dynasty... May come back to this one later.

Coaching Update - 71% Job Security, Coaching Prestige: A+

Last edited by Shripe; 07-23-2011 at 06:48 PM.

LOL... I just advanced a week, and got the Living Legend PS3 achievement for hitting A+ in Coach Prestige... I guess I'm good at fulfilling every possible goal except for winning.

NEW SLIDER SET: Stock All-American, 5 minutes. WORK IN PROGRESS

Week 11: Florida (5-4) vs. Vanderbilt (2-7)

Game Stats

Game Note

Okay, so the slider's a bit better as far as letting me score. However, I was still stuck at 8 minutes per quarter, rather than 5, so I'll change that. I'm not sure what the sliders do during simming (i.e. Florida drives), but perhaps that needs a tweak somewhere.
    Last edited by Shripe; 07-24-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Week 12: Vanderbilt (2-8) vs. Kentucky (2-7)

Game Stats

Vandy's Third Win... Finally

Despite the snow and horrible conditions for the running game, Vandy pulled off the win (admittedly simmed after 1st half). It seemed as though the Kentucky defense was unaffected by the snow, and Vandy was simply bogged down. However, they dug deep and managed to win in hostile territory. They look forward to their final game of the season, playing against Tennessee at home.

Coaching Update - 73% Job Security - A+ Prestige

Last edited by Shripe; 07-24-2011 at 06:18 PM.

[B]Week 13: Tennessee (3-7) vs. Vanderbilt (3-8)

Herbstreit's Pick

Game Stats

Closing out the season with a win

Vandy pulls off its second win in a row to close out the season, beating a struggling Tennessee team in part thanks to their special teams. The punt returner brought one back for a touchdown, giving them a slightly wider margin than it ought to have been. However, this looks good for the offensive coordinator, as he looks forward to improving even more next year.

End of Season Coaching Update - 80% Job Security - Prestige: A+

SEC Standings - End of 2014 Season

Conference Championship Game: Georgia vs. Auburn

SEC Bowls

End of Season Top 25s

Coaches

Media

Last edited by Shripe; 07-25-2011 at 10:01 AM.