Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shripe's Rise to his Alma Mater (also known as the 'I Know Tables' thread)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Coaching Announcement... Again

Okay, gotcha. I don't have much to choose from anymore, but I might as well support the armed forces, right? I'm going with Army.

Looking to the Future of the Black Knights

Gains from Recruiting: Dave Campbell, QB #2 from Springfield, PA, rated 77 overall, takes the starting spot, beneath redshirt freshmen and sophomores. Otherwise... Not a lot of good stuff in the 2013 recruiting class.

Army Schedule

Contract Goals

Last edited by Shripe; 07-21-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Week 2: Army (0-0) vs. Ball State (0-1)

Box Score

Just not enough

As the offensive coordinator tried to get a handle on Army's option offense, they blundered their way to a 17-31 loss to Ball State, an opponent they should've beaten. The team was heavily penalized, 10 penalties for 83 yards, plus turned the ball over twice. This offense is definitely a work in progress.

Week 3: FCS West vs. Army (0-1)

Box Score

Beating on the Little Guy

In an effort to get a hold on Army's option offense, the offensive coordinator told his team to try their best to rip the lowly FCS team apart. And that they did. After a couple early errors, they soon got into a groove, with five runners hitting long runs of nearly 50 and up. Raymond Maples was the HB of choice, scoring 3 of the 6 rushing TDs in the game. Hopefully Army can carry this momentum ahead in the season, using this game as a learning experience.

Week 4: BC (1-1) vs. Army (1-1)

Box Score

West Point Disappointment

After the great showing against the FCS team, Army had high hopes of at least being able to stick around with BC for a while. However, it didn't take long for their first fumble (returned for a TD) to put them in a hole. After that, they simply couldn't recover.

Week 5: KU (1-0) vs Army (1-2)

Box Score

Putting up a fight

Army didn't give up against the stronger Kansas Jayhawks this week, but they also didn't perform well enough to earn a victory. They outgained the Jayhawks, but the Jayhawk big play advantage was too much to overcome. The Army defense showed some promise, though still needs to keep a lid on the big stuff. Penalties were once again an issue, with 11 for 74 yards hampering the Black Knight offense.

Goal Update

Week 6: EMU (1-3) vs Army (1-3)

Box Score

Still needing improvement, but won anyway

Army was once again firing on all cylinders, now that they were playing a weaker team in EMU. There were still a couple miscommunications in the option game, but the Black Knight defense held strong. Now they look forward to another hopefully winnable game against Western Kentucky.

Goal Update

<-- Glad you know tables.... Following!

BC put it on you... I'm Army in an OD so I'm very interested of how you do... kind of like a scouting report for me

Week 7: WKU (0-4) vs. Army (2-3)

Box Score

Army Came to Play

Army earned a great win against Western Kentucky today, thanks to a great scoring performance from Raymond Maples. He ran for 112 yards on 9 carries, with 1 rushing TD, along with 142 yards and 2 TDs by air. The struggling Hilltoppers offense was no match for Army's defense either, scoring only once in the rout. Reaching .500 once again, Army looks forward to securing a bowl bid if they can double their win total.

Coaching Update

Prestige: B
    Coaching Security: 53%

Week 8: Hawai'i (2-2) vs. Army (3-3)

Box Score

Not Quite Enough

Army tried its best against the difficult, stronger Hawai'i Warriors, but couldn't muster a win. They should be proud of their effort, though.

Week 9: Temple (0-6) vs. Army (3-4)

Box Score

Baffling loss

The Temple defense was baffling to the Army option game, their quarterbacks basically unable to get off any pitches on option runs. This stymied the Black Knight offense, rendering it ineffective.

Week 10: Army (3-5) vs. Ole Miss (4-4)

Box Score

59 minutes not enough

With 18 seconds left in the 4th quarter, Ole Miss scores a touchdown to take away a hard-earned Army comeback. For once, the Black Knight defense fails to hold onto a 4th quarter lead, leaving them with a tough loss. However, they can look back at this game for motivation, as they sure played their hearts out.

Week 11: Army (3-6) vs. Air Force (4-3)
    Battle for the Commander-in-Chief's Trophy

Box Score

Okay, I think I'm just going to sim a while... Can't seem to do so well with either of my teams on these sliders... May try again next season. Will post updates.

Remaining Schedule

Goals Update

Last edited by Shripe; 07-22-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Interesting Bowl Results

Wisconsin: Back to Back National Champions! 2012 and 2013

Coaching Carousel, Year 2013

UL Lafayette
    Head Coach, 2 years, top candidate, 56% job security

Kansas State
    Defensive coordinator, 1 year, 45% job security

Unexpected Jobs

Arkansas State
    Offensive coordinator, 3 years, 41% job security

Coaching Announcement

Once again, I'm going out on a limb here and applying for the Defensive Coordinator position for a change of pace...

Kansas State's response

No DC for you.

New Announcement

I've applied for Florida Atlantic's DC job.

FAU response

Nope.

Several attempts at landing a DC job later...

Vanderbilt - WON
    Offensive Coordinator, 3 years, 41% job security, top candidate

Year 2014: Vanderbilt (Contract Year 1/3)

Vanderbilt 2014 Schedule
    - Final Record: 4-8

Vanderbilt 2014 Team Ratings

Last edited by Shripe; 07-24-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Good luck. DC in the SEC with Vandy? Can't wait to see how this unfolds...

Just wondering whats your coach loyalty rating after having three jobs in three years? Like the dynasty, will be following.

Week 2: Wake Forest (0-0) vs. Vanderbilt (0-0)

Box Score

Strong win, offense worrrying

Despite a lackluster offensive performance on third downs, Vanderbilt and their new offensive coordinator pull off a win in the first game of the season. Passing was key here, with 3 of their 4 touchdowns coming through the air. Vandy's defense held strong, keeping their opponent to only 14 points and securing the win.
    Last edited by Shripe; 07-22-2011 at 03:28 PM.