Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Nike Pro Combat Uniform System

• Facebook
  • Display
    It's so hard to keep up with these so my apologies if these were already posted, but CBSSports just posted the Pro Combats for Army and Navy, I really like em.

http://eye-on-collegefootball.blogs....fb_na_txt_0001

Yeah, you're good. Only place they've been posted is by cdj and myself in the Uniforms wishlist thread. I like the jersey, pants, gloves, and shoes. The helmet's not bad, but I don't really care for the stripe. I would have preferred either a solid white or solid gold helmet. I am still trying to figure out what is with the hard-on that Nike has for helmets with the stripe down the middle.

On a related note, I'm going to have to have a chat with my boss sometime over the next couple months and see if he can get me hooked up with this Navy jersey, and if possible a pair of the gloves. That'd be awesome to add to my Navy football collection.

I specifically love the jerseys.

That Navy helmet is sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Thank God the Army and Navy ones don't look like Oregon-wannabe jerseys (like the Michigan St ones do).

The Navy helmet is great. I like the Army uniform better though.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Thank God the Army and Navy ones don't look like Oregon-wannabe jerseys (like the Michigan St ones do).

The Navy helmet is great. I like the Army uniform better though.
    What do you think of the Michigan ones with the M on the front...I like those.

I love how Army's cleats/socks look like combat boots....'effin sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by DariusLock View Post
    I love how Army's cleats/socks look like combat boots....'effin sweet.
    Yeah, that was one thing I mentioned in the NCAA 13 uniform thread. Definitely like the combat boots appearance with the cleats.

Those look pretty good but like SP mentioned, not a big fan of the stripe on the helmet.

I really dig Stanford's Pro Combats also, the only thing I don't like are the gloves. Logos on the insides gloves are just silly IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    What do you think of the Michigan ones with the M on the front...I like those.
    Kinda weird in that I didn't really like them in press conference photos, but during that game I thought they looked pretty good. Really like the M on the front with the small player number, the stripes = eh........thought the helmet with the small player number was pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I really dig Stanford's Pro Combats also, the only thing I don't like are the gloves. Logos on the insides gloves are just silly IMO.
    The matte black helmets are awesome. The rest of the jersey? Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Those look pretty good but like SP mentioned, not a big fan of the stripe on the helmet.
    Yeah, I was hoping they were going to leave the solid gold helmet alone, but the white helmet with the anchor, that's grown on me throughout the day and hell, I might have to see if I can get hooked up with one to add to my regular gold Navy helmet I have (and try to get hooked up with a jersey and the gloves ). But that stripe, I just don't like. Solid white I would have been perfectly fine with, but that stripe just looks bad. I don't know what it is with Nike and a big stripe down the middle of every single one of their Pro Combat helmets, but I don't like it on the Navy helmet.

nothing interesting or unique or mind blowing about Army- Navy. They obviously didnt want negative feedback so they hardly did anything new or creative to them ... i wouldnt mind a fan replica of the Michigan uni's but only cause the sleeves would be longer with more stripes than the actual jersey

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    nothing interesting or unique or mind blowing about Army- Navy. They obviously didnt want negative feedback so they hardly did anything new or creative to them ... i wouldnt mind a fan replica of the Michigan uni's but only cause the sleeves would be longer with more stripes than the actual jersey
    No. That's a good thing. Those are two excellently done uniforms by Nike this time around. When the uniform looks like someone puked on a sheet of paper to get the color scheme, it's definitely not a good thing that it's unique. I have a great disdain for most of the Pro Combat uniforms that Nike has come out with. Even the WVU one, I wasn't really all that fond of. It was, more than anything, just cool that Nike actually did one for us instead of doing, yet another of the same 5 schools that they've done since they've started doing these.

Most of the Nike Pro Combat uniforms look like something a twelve year old made in art class, with no real understanding of color usage, logo usage, or anything else resembling someone that's even taken a freakin' art class, much less actually looked at the finished product with a straight face.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    No. That's a good thing. Those are two excellently done uniforms by Nike this time around. When the uniform looks like someone puked on a sheet of paper to get the color scheme, it's definitely not a good thing that it's unique. I have a great disdain for most of the Pro Combat uniforms that Nike has come out with. Even the WVU one, I wasn't really all that fond of. It was, more than anything, just cool that Nike actually did one for us instead of doing, yet another of the same 5 schools that they've done since they've started doing these.

Most of the Nike Pro Combat uniforms look like something a twelve year old made in art class, with no real understanding of color usage, logo usage, or anything else resembling someone that's even taken a freakin' art class, much less actually looked at the finished product with a straight face.
    Amen. 90% of the Pro Combats over the years, I think were ugly as hell. Thank god Nike didn't try to pull some Oregon bull with the Army and Navy uniforms.

I have a great disdain for most of the Pro Combat uniforms that Nike has come out with. 90% of the Pro Combats over the years, I think were ugly as hell. Thank god Nike didn't try to pull some Oregon bull with the Army and Navy uniforms.
    here also.

Speaking of, I just got around to starting to watch the Oregon/LSU game on DVR..........fucking A, the Oregon highlighter yellow on those uniforms is horrid. They look like a cheap semi-pro team that some pre-teen designed the uniforms. The only good thing is the matte black helmets. Those were embarrassing to look at, but go figure that a school with no real tradition have to gimmick their way to it with crappy uniforms.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, you're good. Only place they've been posted is by cdj and myself in the Uniforms wishlist thread. I like the jersey, pants, gloves, and shoes. The helmet's not bad, but I don't really care for the stripe. I would have preferred either a solid white or solid gold helmet. I am still trying to figure out what is with the hard-on that Nike has for helmets with the stripe down the middle.
    Well, whatever it is, I share it with them. I do not care for helmets without stripes, unless the helmet has no logos at all. I will admit that some helmets look just fine without a stripe, but if given the choice, I greatly prefer a stripe.

I don't remember whose helmet it was, but just this weekend I commented that some school's helmet didn't look quite right, and it would have looked a lot better with a simple stripe.

EDIT: Now, that being said, I do like Navy's solid gold helmet. If they're going to do logos on a white helmet, I'm glad they put a stripe. But I do agree with you that my preference would have been to keep the normal gold helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    nothing interesting or unique or mind blowing about Army- Navy. They obviously didnt want negative feedback so they hardly did anything new or creative to them ...
    When you're talking about two schools representing our armed services, not mucking around with them is a good thing. The Army uniform ... I don't like the similarity of the font to the new TCU uniform. But the Navy uniform is gorgeous.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 09-13-2011 at 10:33 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I dig these, especially the helmet.

They are okay, I don;t see why they need the Spartans on the back of the jersey in black, it is unreadable. Should have gone with gold or white.