Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2011 Nike Pro Combat Uniform System

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    They are okay, I don;t see why they need the Spartans on the back of the jersey in black, it is unreadable. Should have gone with gold or white.
    Maybe it's reflective tape

I don't get the gold since gold isn't in their colors. Don't think it ever has been. Reeks of Oregonish influence. Oh yeah.....Nike.

They are okay, I don;t see why they need the Spartans on the back of the jersey in black, it is unreadable. Should have gone with gold or white.
    its not really for the fan in that case, its for the player..but its not really needed either LOL

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    I don't get the gold since gold isn't in their colors. Don't think it ever has been. Reeks of Oregonish influence. Oh yeah.....Nike.
    i'm sure..aside from artistic license..its because real Spartans soldiers helmets werent green...either gold or silver i'm guessing

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    i'm sure..aside from artistic license..its because real Spartans soldiers helmets werent green...either gold or silver i'm guessing
    Gold? That would be way too heavy and generally Armour in those days were made of bronze or iron. You tend to not send soldiers out to a war wearing your most precious metals. Sometime they do not make it back.

Gold? That would be way too heavy and generally Armour in those days were made of bronze or iron. You tend to not send soldiers out to a war wearing your most precious metals. Sometime they do not make it back.
    i'm aware of what real gold is, you are taking it too literally. you can paint things gold as well, and alot of what I have read said they did have gold and silver inlays depending on helmet..the point ultimately being, gold is not a reach when talking about a Spartan soldier..but then again, a shiny bronze would be more creative and interesting