Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: E3: NCAA Football 11 Coverage

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    NCAA Football has been nominated for an award at E3 by Machinima.com. A partial list of EA game nominees can be found here. EA SPORTS MMA really cleaned up.

I'm disappointed NCAA did not receive more nominations after the wide range of additions to the game and most notably the Dynasty Wire feature. FIFA and NHL 11 only combined for three nominations and they are considered two of the best sports games out there. I'm not sure how nominations work at E3. Does EA push for individual titles to get more nominations than others, similar to how the entertainment award shows work? It would make sense that they'd push MMA for more nominations to help the new title get some leverage before October's release. I'm sure MMA is deserving, so don't take my comment to mean it isn't.
    Yeah I don't get the "awards" either. I think it was IGN that nominated Madden 11 but not NCAA 11. Sorry but the features/improvements of Madden are no where near the features/improvements of NCAA and just about anyone from the "hard core" community sites admits that.

IGN probably went by eyeballs. Several of the NCAA reporters (including the guy at Tradition, I think) commented that you couldn't even get your hands on a controller for Madden, and NCAA was comparatively easy. I think that's the largest factor in IGN's awards. Their awards have always been more hype and excitement related than anything else.

And honestly, that makes sense. They're not saying which game is the best ... but which game was the "Best of E3". It's like Best of Show for dog shows ... they might not be the best behaved dog, or the smartest dog, or the one you'd even want to own ... but damned if they don't put on their best face and get all the attention.

Think about it ... E3 is, inherently, a marketing convention. Hype and attention is the sole point of it.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Considering that last year you had no option to host more than one dynasty, I don't see the problem with this. The majority of us aren't going to be hosting our own dynasties anyway, we're going to be part of someone else's.
    I understand that too, but this directly affects me because I am hosting a dynasty full of friends who haven't played NCAA much & also doing my own. I will pay for the slots if I have to I guess but having 2 slots would make the most sense to me just becasue they have touted the fact that you can do a one player dynasty to take advantage of dynasty wire. Not a huge deal, but kinda annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Considering that last year you had no option to host more than one dynasty, I don't see the problem with this. The majority of us aren't going to be hosting our own dynasties anyway, we're going to be part of someone else's.
    Yep. I definitely would like two to be the limit because of the offline and online possibilities with the Dynasty Wire, but it's not going to be anything I'm going to get all upset about.

More OS videos from E3:

Millenium at Operation Sports is answering the questions thread about NCAA 11 now.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2041204003

Michigan State at Notre Dame, courtesy KOACHK

The discussion on game reviews is an interesting one, so it's been moved to its own thread in the Other Video Games sub-forum. Let's keep this thread focused on info coming out of E3.

More info from the guys at Tradition Football.

Video from K0ACHK: NCAA 11 INTRO, MAIN MENU WALKTHROUGH, AND PREGAME (MICHIGAN STATE AT NOTRE DAME)