Page 27 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Smooth Pancakes' Coaching Carousel Career

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    That's the point, we weren't even given the chance to whoop Tulsa. We just whooped the team that whooped Tulsa.
    Still nothing but an asterisk next to your title. And come talk to me when Southern Miss has beaten Tulsa more than one time since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Still nothing but an asterisk next to your title. And come talk to me when Southern Miss has beaten Tulsa more than one time since 2005.
    And how many championships (asterisked or not) has Tulsa won since 2005?

And how many championships (asterisked or not) has Tulsa won since 2005?
    The same as Southern Miss, one, in 2005, also their first year in C-USA. They also went back to the championship game for two of the next three years, in 2007 and 2008. Southern Miss has only been to one other championship game, losing in 2006.

We now have 5 C-USA championships. The league has only existed for 17 years. That's means we've won just shy of 30% of the total conference championships. In the 7 years Tulsa has been in the league, they've only won 14% of the championships, an amount we also posess.

We run the conference, baby. Get used to it.

We now have 5 C-USA championships. The league has only existed for 17 years. That's means we've won just shy of 30% of the total conference championships. In the 7 years Tulsa has been in the league, they've only won 14% of the championships, an amount we also posess.

We run the conference, baby. Get used to it.
    Anything before Tulsa joined doesn't count in this conversation. Only 2005 through present with the championship game format. So the count stands one title for each, three title game appearances for Tulsa, two title game appearances for Southern Miss.

Oh yeah, and while they didn't win football last year, Tulsa is whooping ass overall in the C-USA. Seven C-USA championships last year alone in all sports. Next closest was Memphis with three. Southern Miss, one.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Anything before Tulsa joined doesn't count in this conversation. Only 2005 through present with the championship game format. So the count stands one title for each, three title game appearances for Tulsa, two title game appearances for Southern Miss.

Oh yeah, and while they didn't win football last year, Tulsa is whooping ass overall in the C-USA. Seven C-USA championships last year alone in all sports. Next closest was Memphis with three. Southern Miss, one.
    Yeah, and no one knows without googling it what those 7 sports are but we all know who won football.

Yeah, and no one knows without googling it what those 7 sports are but we all know who won football.
    It only took you seven years to win one since the creation of the championship game.

Cycles. We win a bunch, let a few people win a few out of boredom, then we go back to winning a bunch.

Cycles. We win a bunch, let a few people win a few out of boredom, then we go back to winning a bunch.
    1999, 2003 and 2011 is winning a bunch? With your track record, I guess you'll be celebrating your next conference title in 2017. Tulsa, meanwhile, will have probably won 2 or 3 or 5.

Smooth, stop acting like you actually care about Tulsa
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post

Smooth, stop acting like you actually care about Tulsa
    I'm trying to get myself psyched up and in the Tulsa "homer" frame of mind for my dynasty.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-02-2012 at 08:06 PM.

And that will conclude the video portion of this program.

I was going to stick with my Wednesday-Wednesday-Wednesday-Wednesday schedule for all four videos, but I decided to bump this last one up a couple days. HS football starts next Friday, which is going to result in a very, very busy end of week (Thursday through Saturday) for me from next week through the end of October, so I'm getting started early, especially since patch #2 came out early also.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-18-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Tulsa to tangle with Ohio State, Toledo in 2016

COLUMBUS — The Ohio State Buckeyes will be playing a second team from Oklahoma during their 2016 nonconference schedule.

Tulsa will be visiting Ohio Stadium to play the Buckeyes. Ohio State already has a game at Oklahoma set for Sept. 17, 2016.

Although Ohio State Athletic Director Gene Smith was unsure of the date assigned for the Tulsa game, it will most likely come the week before or after the Buckeyes’ trip to Norman, Okla.

Smith also confirmed that the one year contract with Tulsa would pay the Golden Hurricane $1.03 million to come to Columbus.

The game was originally reported by The Tulsa World. The Golden Hurricane were scheduled to play at Oklahoma State in 2016 but pushed that game back a year to come to Ohio Stadium.

Athletic director Ross Parmley also confirmed two upcoming home-and-home series for Tulsa — against New Mexico starting in 2015 on the road and against Toledo starting in 2016 at home.

In addition to already scheduled games with Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Fresno State and Colorado State, the Golden Hurricane schedules for next few years are taking shape.

Ever putting on the schedule?

Ever putting on the schedule?
    When they come up in conference. FIU's joining (already joined as far as this dynasty is concerned) Conference USA in 2013. I'm trying to figure out what the plans for conference alignment are going to be. What would make the most sense (and what I'm assuming C-USA will do in real life if they haven't already announced it) would be North Texas and UTSA in the West, FIU and Louisiana Tech in the East. Tulane and Louisiana Tech would be perfect rivals, but I'm not sure how I would work them into the same division.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-18-2012 at 12:10 PM.

Tulsa Updates Future Non-conference Football Schedules

TULSA — The Tulsa Golden Hurricane have updated their future non-conference football schedules, Director of Athletics Ross Parmley announced on Thursday.

The biggest addition is a game at Ohio State in 2016. A date for that game is to be determined, but will likely be either Sept. 10 or Sept. 24.

Tulsa also announced new home-and-home series against New Mexico and Toledo. The Golden Hurricane will host New Mexico in 2015 and travel to the Lobos in 2018. Toledo will visit Tulsa in 2016 with the Hurricane returning the trip in 2017.

Three games were removed from Tulsa’s future schedules, and two of those were the result of conference realignment. North Texas was set for a home-and-home in 2014 and 2015, but the Mean Green will become conference counterparts with the Golden Hurricane in 2013. Also removed was a 2015 home game against ULM.

Other top FBS match-ups that were previously announced included three games against Oklahoma, one home (2014) and two away (2013 & 2015), and a trip to face Oklahoma State. The Oklahoma State contest was moved from 2016 to 2017 due to the addition of Ohio State.

Parmley also told Tulsa World that they are close to signing a home-and-home agreement with Utah for the 2014 and 2015 seasons.

Listed below are the future non-conference schedules for Tulsa. Dates are tentative:

09/06 – at Colorado State
    09/20 – Oklahoma

09/26 – at Oklahoma
    TBA – New Mexico

TBA – at Fresno State
    TBA – at Ohio State
    TBA – Toledo

TBA – at Oklahoma State
    TBA – at Toledo

at New Mexico
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-25-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Tulsa to tangle with Ohio State, Toledo in 2016
    Damn you, I've been waiting all day to post that here.

Smooth, you are now my enemy.

Bill, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud