Page 26 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Smooth Pancakes' Coaching Carousel Career

• Facebook
  • Display
    Alright, after ignoring it for a week (thanks partly to the Steam Summer Sale and 5 or 6 new PC games I've bought since Thursday), I sat down tonight and plowed through the defensive coordinators, so every coach (head coach, OC and DC) are all named and their Alma Maters set exactly as it was after going through the coaching carousel at the end of the 2013 season.

I'm gonna play a couple "dynasty" games tonight to get a feel for Steeler's sliders. If the sliders are good and I'm all set to go, for those of you who have already started dynasties, what's your recommendations regarding the two dynasty recruiting bugs? The Proximity to Home (always A+ now matter if the recruit lives 10 miles or 1000 miles away from your school) and the Playing Time (it shows the correct grade for your school when actually recruiting the kid, but when you go to select topics when the recruit visits campus, Playing Time always shows up as D+) bugs. Have they been an issue at all for you guys or have you been able to and managing to work around them?

If you've been able to work around them, then as soon as I have sliders set, I'm gonna start this thing up, possibly by Wednesday or Thursday. If those two bugs are a major issue or problem, then this dynasty may have to sit on hold until a patch is released to fix them.

I think that the recruiting bugs only happen on visit, and my team is so bad I don't even think I noticed it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    I think that the recruiting bugs only happen on visit, and my team is so bad I don't even think I noticed it yet.
    Yeah, I know the Playing Time issue only happens during recruit visits, but I thought the Proximity to Home was all season long, not that I'm complaining about being able to have A+ Proximity to Home for every single recruit no matter where they live the entire season in recruiting. My only concern is the Playing Time. Playing Time is probably going to be a huge recruiting tool for me, especially in this first season or two at Tulsa, as I am mainly going to be recruiting for depth and to fill any future holes by seniors leaving, before recruiting how I normally do from game to game, and not being able to use it when recruits come to visit could screw me on some recruits.

That was my issue with FIU in NCAA '12. I got into the dynasty, and started recruiting those key skill positions (QB, RB, WR, TE) to set my offense up for success, but in the process, I mostly ignored my offensive line and entire portions of my defense (took care of my LBs and CBs, but not much else), and by seasons 2 and 3, I ended up with a horrible offensive line that couldn't block a leaf, a defensive line that could penetrate a crater, and a secondary that couldn't cover a piece of paper. If I hadn't dropped down to 5 minute quarters and varsity difficulty to plow through those last 5 games in '12 before NCAA '13 came out on Season Ticket, I most likely would have lost to Arkansas State and gotten my ass whooped by UCF, like I did in the first two seasons at FIU.

So only thing holding me up is getting sliders set and in place, and deciding whether to go full speed ahead into 2014 of my dynasty with those two bugs in Dynasty and hope that EA eventually patches them, and that whatever patch EA rolls out to fix them, doesn't require a restart for it to take effect.

Smooth, hope you get this going again. Always a great read.

On sliders, right now I've been using these and they work great. Good variety of games, not too easy and not hard just for the sake of making it hard to win any games. They are realistic. The only minor issue I've had is a few too many INTs but that may be just my QB but I've bumped the CPU INT slider down one notch anyhow and I'm happy with that minor change. I'm still running old school auto-pass coach mode but they are working great for that and most everyone using them is thumb jockeying so give them a shot. Might want to stay away from their auto-sub settings though.

Take care sir.

Smooth, I can say with certainty that Proximity to Home is not an In-Season problem. Have a test dynasty with Miami (OH), and they have a Texas recruit that has D+ for Proximity. Verified it was still D+ when he came for an in-season visit.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Smooth, I can say with certainty that Proximity to Home is not an In-Season problem. Have a test dynasty with Miami (OH), and they have a Texas recruit that has D+ for Proximity. Verified it was still D+ when he came for an in-season visit.
    Sweet, appreciate that news. Maybe it was off-season recruiting or something that was an issue. I'd have to go hunt down where those two bugs were mentioned for the exact details that were listed. But since it sounds like Proximity to Home and Playing Time aren't an issue during in-season recruiting, then once I get sliders finalized, I'll go ahead and get this thing back up and running then.

Looking forward to your first update Smooth. FYI, if you recall I put you as the OC for Tulsa. Currently you are in year three of your deal. You have met most of your goals but you are rated D+ for some reason. I will give you the full details later. I have been keeping an close eye on you as I am the OC for Rice. You are my direct competition. Currently we are 1-1 in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Looking forward to your first update Smooth. FYI, if you recall I put you as the OC for Tulsa. Currently you are in year three of your deal. You have met most of your goals but you are rated D+ for some reason. I will give you the full details later. I have been keeping an close eye on you as I am the OC for Rice. You are my direct competition. Currently we are 1-1 in battle.
    Nice! Kicking ass at Tulsa. Now just to take that 2-1 lead in the head to head battle.

I'm still undecided on when to start my dynasty up. Between the constant reports of games freezing in dynasty and the dynasty bugs that have been mentioned around the forum, I haven't been willing to pull the trigger yet. It's either gonna be in the next week or two if I decide to go ahead and deal with whatever issues arise, or it's not going to be until the patch in late August that will hopefully fix some of these dynasty issues and the freezing issues. Not sure which one it'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Nice! Kicking ass at Tulsa. Now just to take that 2-1 lead in the head to head battle.

I'm still undecided on when to start my dynasty up. Between the constant reports of games freezing in dynasty and the dynasty bugs that have been mentioned around the forum, I haven't been willing to pull the trigger yet. It's either gonna be in the next week or two if I decide to go ahead and deal with whatever issues arise, or it's not going to be until the patch in late August that will hopefully fix some of these dynasty issues and the freezing issues. Not sure which one it'll be.
    Yeah the dynasty bugs/freezing are getting pretty annoying. I just hope the patch solves all the major issues.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Uh oh!

F Tulsa!

To The Top!
    C-USA Champs, baby!

:p
    Last edited by souljahbill; 08-01-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    F Tulsa!

To The Top!
    C-USA Champs, baby!

:p

Last edited by souljahbill; 08-01-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Only because you didn't play Tulsa last season.

Spin-off thread: Souljah and Smooth talk trash about a conference no one else cares about.

I kid, I kid!
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Only because you didn't play Tulsa last season.
    We weren't given the satisfaction

*whistles*
    Last edited by souljahbill; 08-01-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    You guys are so silly.

We weren't given the satisfaction

*whistles*
    That was Houston beating Tulsa. Not Southern Miss beating Tulsa. You may have won the conference title last year, but you did it without beating Tulsa, so it's a flawed title with an asterisk next to it.

That was Houston beating Tulsa. Not Southern Miss beating Tulsa. You may have won the conference title last year, but you did it without beating Tulsa, so it's a flawed title with an asterisk next to it.
    That's the point, we weren't even given the chance to whoop Tulsa. We just whooped the team that whooped Tulsa.