Page 30 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Smooth Pancakes' Coaching Carousel Career

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Glad to see that you're back doing this again Smooth. Always enjoy reading them.
    Yeah, I've been meaning to get this fired up for a while now, just never had the time with our Christmas campaigns on both stations at work. Most days, I was working 6am to 5 or 6pm, coming home at night and sleeping by 8pm. Some nights, I was so tired I never even bothered eating dinner, just came home and went right to sleep before repeating everything the next day. Thankfully, we're in our final week of one campaign and the final week of the other campaign is next week, so my hours are opening up a bit and I'm getting some more free time to actually play. I made damn certain I was going to get on yesterday and get that first game played, and not let the entire night slip away watching TV or deciding to play Halo 4 (since it would already be in the system) instead of switching out the discs.

A teaser, I just hit halftime of the Oklahoma game. I think I might have to work on my sliders. This is turning out to not be me bending over at all, but a damn track meet. With the way the first half went, at this rate, whoever wins is gonna have to score 50+.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, I've been meaning to get this fired up for a while now, just never had the time with our Christmas campaigns on both stations at work. Most days, I was working 6am to 5 or 6pm, coming home at night and sleeping by 8pm. Some nights, I was so tired I never even bothered eating dinner, just came home and went right to sleep before repeating everything the next day. Thankfully, we're in our final week of one campaign and the final week of the other campaign is next week, so my hours are opening up a bit and I'm getting some more free time to actually play. I made damn certain I was going to get on yesterday and get that first game played, and not let the entire night slip away watching TV or deciding to play Halo 4 (since it would already be in the system) instead of switching out the discs.
    No doubt man. With work and other video games, it's hard to get motivated to play something that I've been playing for a while instead of playing something new.

A teaser, I just hit halftime of the Oklahoma game. I think I might have to work on my sliders. This is turning out to not be me bending over at all, but a damn track meet. With the way the first half went, at this rate, whoever wins is gonna have to score 50+.
    Heh, sounds like a normal Big 12 defense to me.

Holy. Shit.

Details coming soon.

Ruh ro raggy!

Game Two

Game Notes

--- Here it was, the home opener of the 2014 season, against none other than the #5 Oklahoma Sooners. Not much to be said other than may Jobu be kind to us. Weather would have no effect as it was a perfectly sunny day. Oklahoma won the toss, elected to receive and the game was set to get underway.

Oklahoma immediately started the game wishing they had instead chosen to kick, as a pass from Lamarr Moore to Tony Moore had seemingly picked up 13 yards, before Moore fumbled the ball during contact. Keith Battle covered it up and our offense was scrambling onto the field to take over at the Oklahoma 31 yard line, only 15 seconds into the game. Kiel Fletcher got the offense started with a four yard run before Brandon Booth connected with Brandon Price for a 6 yard gain and a first down. Fletcher picked up another four yards on the ground, before another pass from Booth to Price gained 12 for first and goal at the Oklahoma four yard line. After a dive by Fletcher got blown up for no gain, and the second down pass was nearly intercepted in the end zone, Booth found Price for the third time of the drive, completing the 5 yard touchdown pass to take the lead over the Sooners 7-0 with 6:34 left in the quarter.

The Sooners wasted little time in ripping our defense a new one. After an incomplete pass on first down from their 26 yard line, Moore took off on a QB sneak and picked up 6 yards, before hitting Alfred Barnes for a 29 yard gain and a first down at our 39 yard line. Stanley Wilson took over for the Oklahoma offense, rushing for gains of three, 5 and 5 yards to get a first down at the 26. After a two yard pass to Wilson, Moore scrambled for a 6 yard gain on second down before connecting with Ed Harvey for 17 yards, giving Oklahoma first and goal at our 1 yard line. Moore would do the honors, diving up the middle on the QB sneak for the one yard touchdown rush, tying the game up at 7 apiece with 4:26 to play. Starting on our 25, the offense picked up right where it left off last drive, as Booth found Price out of the back field for a 13 yard pass and an immediate first down. Fletcher was blown up for a loss of two yards on the next play, before Booth connected on back to back 7 yard passes to Chad Fisher and John Andrews to convert third and 5 and pick up a first down at midfield. Fletcher took a pitch and rumbled ahead for a 10 yard gain on the next play, leaving second and inches. An attempted QB sneak by Booth proved fruitless as Booth was tackled for no gain and left us with third and inches. Fletcher would get us a new set of downs, busting through the line for a 7 yard rush. We would return to the end zone for a second time today as Booth found Sean Parks on a slant route, who then broke a tackle and outraced the rest of the secondary for a 33 yard touchdown. The extra point gave us a 14-7 lead with 1:49 remaining.

After a touch back, our defense seemingly was about to force a Sooner punt, after tackling Moore for a two yard loss and then swatting down a pass. But Moore found T. Moore for a 19 yard gain over the middle and the Sooners had a new set of downs at the 42 yard line. A 7 yard pass to Alfred Reid was followed by a 5 yard rush by Wilson, and the Sooners had another first down at our 46. Wilson kept it going on the ground with another 5 yard rush, followed by an 11 yard pass from Moore to T. Moore to give the Sooners first down at our 30 yard line with 22 seconds left. The first quarter would however end as disastrously for the Sooners as it had started, when a pass attempt by Moore was intercepted by Calvin Rogers, giving us possession at our 28 yard line with 11 seconds left in the first quarter. The quarter would however end with little fanfare, as two incomplete passes and a sack for a loss of 10 yards would force us to open the second quarter with a punt. 15 minutes complete, we still had a lead, 14-7.

After a 47 yard punt to start the second quarter, our defense once again seemed ready to force an Oklahoma punt, sacking Moore for a 5 yard loss and then knocking a pass incomplete. But the Moore Combination on the Sooners offense bit right back, as Moore connected with T. Moore for a 24 yard gain and a first down at our 47. After a 7 yard rush by Wilson, Moore hit Barnes for 10 yards and another first down. A 6 yard rush by Wilson left Oklahoma with second and four at our 25 yard line, but a holding penalty would set the Sooners back, leaving them with second and 14 at the 35. This time the defense would stand it’s ground, forcing two incomplete passes and a field goal attempt. The 52 yard attempt by Gary Weber was no good, sailing wide left and we regained possession at our 35. A pass to Price only gained three yards, setting us up with second and 7, before Booth found Parks for a 15 yard gain along the right hash, needling the ball in between two defenders. It was an immediate first down on the next play as a heavy blitz from the left allowed Fletcher to dash by out of the backfield uncovered for an easy lob pass from Booth, before racing the secondary toward the sideline for a 22 yard gain to give us a first down at the Oklahoma 25 yard line. The Sooner secondary got burned yet again on the next play, as a play action fake got the defense to bite, allowing Parks to get open for a 16 yard gain and first and goal at the Sooner 9 yard line. The Sooners were more than ready for our return to the ground game, as Fletcher was only able to manage one yard before being swarmed by defenders. Going right back to the air, Booth made the defense pay, as he found Andrews over the middle, who sprinted the last few yards to beat the safety to the goal line for the 8 yard touchdown pass, giving us a 21-7 lead with 5:42 to play in the half.

One good thing about the kickoff, our defense will be well rested next time they head out. A 63 yard kickoff found our kickoff team exposed, as Eric Green took the kickoff 94 yards to the house and got Oklahoma back within 7, making it 21-14 with 5:17 to play. After, for whatever reason, our return team brought the ball out of the end zone on the kickoff, we started our next offensive drive from our worst field position this game, our 16 yard line. That field position wouldn’t last long, as a failed assignment by the right corner allowed Fisher to get behind the coverage, hauling in a pass and racing the secondary for a 61 yard gain down to the Oklahoma 23. Nicholas Roberts got in on the action on the next play, hauling in a pass for 10 yards and a first down at the Sooners 10 yard line. An off-tackle rush by Fletcher only managed three yards, before Fletcher caught a dump pass from Booth and was tackled forward into the end zone for the 7 yard touchdown to extend our lead to 28-14 with 4:03 to play.

After a touch back on the kickoff, the Oklahoma offense wasted no time in moving the ball, as Moore found Reid for a 10 yard gain, before a two yard rush by Wilson gave the Sooners a new set of downs. Proving that our defense is still incompetent on third down, a one yard rush and an incomplete pass from Moore gave way to a third and 9 pass for 22 yards from Moore to Green and another first down. A three yard rush by Moore and a 6 yard gain from Wilson left Oklahoma with third and one from our 32 yard line, before Moore connected with T. Moore for a 25 yard gain and a first down at our 7. A 6 yard rush by Wilson set up second and goal at our one yard line, where the Sooners would surprisingly see their drive stall after two incomplete passes. However, opting not to kick the 18 yard field goal on fourth and goal, Moore hit Brian Bowen for a one yard touchdown pass to pull the Sooners back within 7 points, 28-21 with 1:43 left in the first half. A touch back on the kickoff left our offense with 75 yards to cover in only 1:35.

Going into a hurry up offense, Booth was able to connect on 10 yard passes to Roberts and Newman to quickly move us to the 45 yard line. An incomplete pass on second and inches set up Fletcher for a one yard gain and the first down at our 46. Rushing to the line, an incomplete pass from Booth to Fisher stopped the clock with 42 seconds left. Booth found Fisher on the next play, this time along the right sideline for a 36 yard gain, though Fisher was tackled just before being able to get out of bounds. After rushing to the line, Booth hit Andrews for a 12 yard gain to give us first and goal at the Oklahoma 6 yard line before we took our second timeout of the half with 28 seconds on the clock. Catching the defense cheating pass, Fletcher was able to gain four yards on the ground to set up second and goal at the two yard line. Rushing to the line and snapping the ball before the defense was able to even get organized, Fletcher ran it in off-tackle for the two yard touchdown rush to give us a 35-21 lead with 14 seconds left in the half. A two yard rush by Wilson would end the clock for the Sooners and the half, a 14 point lead intact.

Starting off the second half, we took over on our usual position of the 25 yard line after a touch back on the kickoff, giving our offense a chance to potentially drive the first stake into the coffin. It seemed to be going well on the ground as Fletcher busted a run for a 15 yard gain before taking a pitch to the left for 6 yards. But the attempt up the middle on second and four went down in flames, as Price was tackled for a loss of two yards. Price was able to haul in the pass from Booth on third and 6, but fell down after reaching to catch the pass, gaining only four and leaving us with fourth and two. Opting to go for it from the 48 yard line instead of punting, Price was able to get the first down this time, catching a pass for a 9 yard gain to get us to the Oklahoma 43 yard line. After an incomplete pass on first down, Booth found Roberts for 9 yards before Fletcher managed to just get across the first down line, gaining two yards to get us to the OU 32. A play action pass attempt on first down ended in failure when Booth was hit as he was throwing, resulting in a wounded duck that only made it 5 yards before landing incomplete. Price kept the drive alive, hauling in a pass for 13 yards to get us to the 19 yard line. After a quick slant pass to Parks netted four yards, Booth found Anderson on the opposite side of the field, who shot a gap in the secondary to pick up 14 yards, setting us up with first and goal at the one yard line. A pass to Parks on a slant route resulted in the one yard touchdown and a 42-21 lead with 5:44 left in the third quarter.

After forcing Moore to throw away consecutive passes, our defense once again proved inept on third downs, as Moore hit Green for a 33 yard gain to keep the Sooners drive alive. He found Green again on the next play for 24 yards before passing to Wilson for a four yard gain and Reid for 7 yards to get first and goal at our three yard line. A three yard touchdown rush by Wilson closed the gap to 42-28 with 4:16 left. Our offense kept the momentum going as Booth hit Fisher for a quick 13 yard gain, before Andrews picked up 5 yards on a screen pass. After an incomplete pass left us with third and 5 from the 43 yard line, Booth hit Parks on a slant for a gain of 14 and first down at the OU 43. A deep curl by Parks on the next play went for a gain of 15 yards and moved the ball to the Sooners 28. Newman got involved the next play as he hauled in a 19 yard pass on a streak to set us up with first and goal at the Oklahoma 9 yard line. A holding penalty on the next play was a setback as we were bumped out to the 18 yard line. Roberts would negate that penalty and then some, hauling in a pass and fighting forward to the three yard line for a 16 yard gain. A two yard gain by Fletcher left us with third and goal at the one. With the defense stacking the line, we went back to the air as Booth hit Parks on another slant route, this time for the one yard touchdown to make it 49-28 with 1:24 left in the third quarter.

Oklahoma was far from going down quietly, as Moore hit Green for a 10 yard pass, before finding T. Moore through the air for a 27 yard gain to get to our 36. After a 7 yard rush by Wilson, Moore found Green again, this time for 18 yards to set up first down at our 11 with 21 seconds left. An incomplete pass left 9 seconds on the clock, and the third quarter would come to an end on the next play after an 8 yard rush by Wilson. With the clock showing all zeroes, it was off to the final stanza with an unbelievable and improbable 49-28 lead over the #5 Sooners.

The first play of the fourth quarter found the Sooners closing the gap once again, as Wilson rushed ahead for the three yard touchdown to make it 49-35 with 8:55 to play. Starting off on our 25 after the touch back, two incomplete passes seemed to have us destined to punt, before Booth was able to sling a pass just over the shoulder of a trailing safety and into the hands of Fisher for a 35 yard gain. After two more incomplete passes, Booth found Newman over the middle for a 10 yard gain to keep us alive. The next play would stop our drive dead in its tracks as Booth’s pass to Fisher was intercepted by Justin Smith, who returned it 11 yards to set Oklahoma’s offense up at their own 27. It was a rough start for the Sooners as a false start pushed them back to their 22, and would be the difference in bringing out the punt team. After a 9 yard pass to Green made it second and 6, two incomplete passes from Moore left the Sooners with fourth and 6 from their 31 and punting it away. The four yard return by Price set us up at our 28 yard line with 7:24 left to play. The next play would see Booth’s confidence shaken even further, as his pass on first down was picked off for the second time today, this time by Adam Fuller, who advanced it 12 yards up to our 27 yard line. After a dropped pass on first down, Moore found Barnes for a 16 yard gain down to our 11 yard line. Wilson then broke off a pair of four yard rushes to set up third and two from the three yard line, where Moore hit T. Moore with the three yard touchdown pass to make it 49-42 with 6:30 to play.

Starting on our 21 yard line with only a 7 point lead, our lead was in danger of crumbling completely after two straight interceptions on consecutive passes had shaken Booth’s confidence to its core. While Booth was able to complete a pass to the correct team on first down, it was still detrimental as the pass to Parks ended up going for a loss of one yard, leaving us with second and 11. A pass to Andrews for 7 yards left us with third and three, when Booth hit Anderson across the middle for a 15 yard gain and a first down, putting the faith of the coaching staff back into Booth. The drive quickly ended up back in the gutter. After an incomplete pass on first down, Booth was sacked for a loss of 8 yards to set up third and 18 from our 36. As if it couldn't get much worse, for the third consecutive drive, Booth was picked off, his third of the game, Smith’s second interception of the game, this time taking it all 48 yards to the house to tie the game up at 49-49 with 4:37 to play.

Taking over on our 25 yard line after the kickoff, the coaching staff was seriously considering benching Booth and giving redshirt Sophomore Casey Bishop a try at the helm, but with a tie game and less than 5 minutes to play, put their faith once more in Booth to find a way to pull back to his earlier form. After an incomplete pass on first down that once again was nearly intercepted, Booth finally started to settle down, hitting Price along the left sideline for a 10 yard gain, before throwing a pass along the right hash to Parks for 15 yards and a first down at midfield. Catching the defense snoozing, Fletcher lit up the Sooners D with an off-tackle rush for 16 yards before busting an 18 yard rush up the gut. After Price got blown up for only a one yard gain, back to back passes to Price for 3 and 9 yards gave us first and goal at the three yard line with 2:46 to play. After Fletcher was stopped for a one yard gain on first down, Price would score the go-ahead touchdown on a two yard rush, putting us up 56-49 with 2:11 remaining.

A 7 yard rush by Ryan Washington was set back as Moore was sacked for a two yard loss on second down. Our defense however, still gutless on third down, gave up a 24 yard pass to T. Moore to give the Sooners new life at our 45 yard line. After two straight incomplete passes, the Sooners converted yet another third down, as Moore hit Barnes for a 27 yard gain down to our 18 yard line with 1:21 to play. Wilson picked up 9 yards on the ground on the next play, before following it up with a 7 yard pickup, giving OU first and goal at our two yard line with 54 seconds remaining. A two yard touchdown pass from Moore to T. Moore would tie the game back up once again at 56-56 with 48 seconds to play. A 16 yard return by Price on the kickoff, once again coming out of the end zone, would leave us on our own 14 yard line with 38 seconds and three timeouts. After completing a pass to Roberts for 17 yards and rushing to the line to conserve clock, the drive would stall on our 31 as three straight incomplete passes forced the punt team out with 22 seconds on the clock. A fair catch on the 41 yard punt left Oklahoma starting on their 27 with 18 seconds to play. It would end with no hope of scoring as Moore was sacked for a four yard loss, pushing the Sooners back to their 23 yard line. A 9 yard rush by Wilson set up third and 5 with 9 seconds to play. After using a timeout, an incomplete pass from Moore ran out the remaining seconds and it was to overtime we go.

We would take over on offense first. Three straight incomplete passes, all broken up by the Sooners defense, and we were forced to settle for a 42 yard field goal and hope our defense would grow a spine. The defense would do exactly that, as the Oklahoma offense would choose the worse possible moment of the entire game to collapse, as Moore was intercepted by Jason Hall, who took it 83 yards all the way to the house to seal the win and give us a 65-56 overtime upset victory over #5 Oklahoma.

With the win, we improved to a surprising 2-0, while Oklahoma drops to 0-1. Up next, a bye week before heading back to my old stomping grounds of Miami to take on Florida International.

Final Score
    65, #5 56 - OT

Stat(s) of the Game:
    - Tulsa Offense – Other than the three interceptions that nearly boned us, an almost perfect day. New records were set by Booth for most passing yards and most passing TDs in a single game with 552 yards and 6 TDs. Fletcher had made it over the century mark during the game, but ended up with 97 yards rushing on 19 carries for his final tally. Two receivers made it into triple digit yards, as Fisher ended the day with 152 yards receiving on 5 catches, Parks had 113 yards on 10 catches for the day.

- Tulsa Defense – Other than the fact that damn near every third down, the defense rolled over on their backs and let Oklahoma convert with a 15+ yard pass, a nice defensive effort. 2 interceptions, a forced fumble and fumble recovery, and a 3 sacks are always a nice afternoon.

- Tulsa Kicking - Another perfect day, 1 for 1 on field goals, the 42 yarder in OT that gave us the lead (and would end up being more than enough for the win), and 8 for 8 on extra points, still perfect in both categories for the season. It's very nice and refreshing having a reliable kicker. And he's only a Freshman!

Scoring Summary

Team 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter Overtime Final Score
    #5 7 14 7 28 0 56
    14 21 14 7 9 65

Time Team Result Play Score
    First Quarter
    6:34 Touchdown B. Price, 5 yard pass from B. Booth (A. Pratt kick) 7-0
    4:26 Touchdown L. Moore, 1 yard run (G. Weber kick) TIED 7-7
    1:49 Touchdown S. Parks, 33 yard pass from B. Booth (A. Pratt kick) 14-7
    Second Quarter
    5:42 Touchdown J. Andrews, 8 yard pass from B. Booth (A. Pratt kick) 21-7
    5:17 Touchdown E. Green, returned kickoff 93 yards (G. Weber kick) 21-14
    4:03 Touchdown K. Fletcher, 7 yard pass from B. Booth (A. Pratt kick) 28-14
    1:43 Touchdown B. Bowen, 1 yard pass from L. Moore (G. Weber kick) 28-21
    0:14 Touchdown K. Fletcher, 2 yard run (A. Pratt kick) 35-21
    Third Quarter
    5:44 Touchdown S. Parks, 1 yard pass from B. Booth (A. Pratt kick) 42-21
    4:16 Touchdown S. Wilson, 2 yard run (G. Weber kick) 42-28
    1:24 Touchdown S. Parks, 1 yard pass from B. Booth (A. Pratt kick) 49-28
    Fourth Quarter
    8:55 Touchdown S. Wilson, 2 yard run (G. Weber kick) 49-35
    6:30 Touchdown T. Moore, 2 yard pass from L. Moore (G. Weber kick) 49-42
    4:37 Touchdown J. Smith, returned interception 48 yards (G. Weber kick) TIED 49-49
    2:11 Touchdown B. Price, 2 yard run (A. Pratt kick) 56-49
    0:48 Touchdown T. Moore, 2 yard pass from L. Moore (G. Weber kick) TIED 56-56
    Overtime
    --- Field Goal A. Pratt, 42 yard field goal 59-56
    --- Touchdown J. Hall, returned interception 83 yards 65-56

Game Stats

Oklahoma Stat Tulsa
    56 Score 65
    21 First Downs 32
    522 Total Offense 632
    27 - 128 - 3 Rushes - Yards - TD 25 - 80 - 2
    26 - 45 - 3 Comp - Att - TD 43 - 66 - 6
    394 Passing Yards 552
    3 Times Sacked 2
    12 - 16 (75%) 3rd Down Conversion 12 - 17 (70%)
    1 - 1 (100%) 4th Down Conversion 1 - 1 (100%)
    0 - 0 (0%) 2-Point Conv 0 - 0 (0%)
    6 - 6 - 0 (100%) Red Zone - TD - FG 7 - 7 - 0 (100%)
    3 Turnovers 3
    1 Fumbles Lost 0
    2 Intercepted 3
    0 Punt Return Yards 4
    233 Kick Return Yards 54
    755 Total Yards 690
    1 – 44.0 Punts - Average 2 - 45.0
    2 - 15 Penalties 2 - 25
    16:33 Time of Possession 19:27

Tulsa Contract Goals Update

Fail Impact Goal Progress Pass Impact
    Win 8 games in one season 2
    13+ passing TD in one season 10
    14+ points per game in each season 51
    7+ rushing TD in one season 3
    2400+ total offensive yards in one season 1157
    2400+ total offensive yards in each season 1157
    Win 4 games in one season 2
    2000+ total offensive yards in one season 1157
    Bonus
    Beat a higher ranked team

Job Security Status

56%
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 06-25-2013 at 06:02 AM.

What a rough week for the Top 25. Other than my 65-56 overtime upset of #5 Oklahoma, many a team fell. The biggest, even bigger than mine, Fresno State knocking off #4 Oregon in overtime, 41-38. Elsewhere, #9 West Virginia barely holds off a 4th quarter comeback by Colorado State (CSU outscored WVU 21-3 in the 4th) to beat the Rams 30-28, Washington upsets #10 South Carolina 17-14, Northern Illinois goes to 2-0 after they knock off #12 Clemson 24-17, Tennessee upset #13 Virginia Tech 35-32.

#16 Ohio State barely holds on to beat Miami University at home 28-24 (it was 21-21 after three quarters), North Carolina knocked off #17 Florida State (FSU is now 0-2) to the tune of 37-28. #20 Texas escaped with a 23-17 win at home over Florida International. #22 Nebraska, in double overtime, escapes Miami (FL) at home, 20-17. Virginia moved to 2-0 with a 59-21 whooping of #24 BYU, and #25 Auburn scored 21 fourth quarter points to beat Mississippi State 34-27.

8 upsets in the Top 25 this week, including the #4, #5, #10, #12 and #13 teams all falling.

Other games of interest, congratulations souljahbill, Southern Miss is now 2-0 after whooping UMass 35-7. In the C-USA, another upset by Tulane, this time beating Kentucky 20-17. Fear the Green Wave. Jaymo, Arizona State is off to 1-0 start in 2014, as Sparky beats Louisiana Tech 35-14. G, good news for you, Arkansas State beats UConn 31-17, starting off 1-0 and knocking down a Big East team along the way.

For the Top 25 going into week 3, some major shakeup. Arkansas is up 2 to #4, Michigan up 2 to #5, West Virginia up 3 to #6, Alabama went up 1 to #7, Michigan State jumped 3 to #8, Wisconsin jumped 5 to #9, TCU also jumped 5 to #10, Ohio State climbed 5 to #11, Rutgers with the largest jump, up 6 to #12.

South Carolina dropped a mere 3 to #13, Oklahoma dropped 9 to #14, Oregon dropped 12 to #16, Virginia Tech dropped 9 to #22, Clemson dropped 12 to #24, Florida State dropped 10 from #17 to #27, BYU dropped from #24 to not even receiving votes.

Brand new in the Top 25, Washington makes an appearance at #20 (2-0), and Virginia has climbed to #25 (2-0). Despite knocking off the #5 team in the nation, no love whatsoever for the Golden Hurricanes of Tulsa, as we climb to only #32 (thank god for the Championship Contenders addition to NCAA '13 to I could actually find out the rank).
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 12-05-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Wow man. That's a HUGE win over a rival. Looks like you might have a special season on your hands.

Wow man. That's a HUGE win over a rival. Looks like you might have a special season on your hands.
    That or the sliders I had when I last played '13 a couple months ago needs some big tweaks.

I thought I was done in the fourth quarter. After those three straight interceptions, including the pick six that tied it up, all I could see was me ending up losing 56-49 or 63-49 as Oklahoma was just steamrolling me at that point. Truly a battle there. That fumble by Oklahoma on the first drive set the tone for what was to come. That, and Oklahoma had a couple turnovers early on, while all of my turnovers came at the end of the game, allowing me to build a lead and fight to keep it.

That or the sliders I had when I last played '13 a couple months ago needs some big tweaks.
    Well, this is your first game with Tulsa against a real opponent, and, interestingly enough, you also threw the ball QUITE a bit. I haven't actually played '13, but in '12, I was unstoppable with terrible teams because I could just throw the ball 60 times and keep it going against pretty much anyone that wasn't ridiculously good on defense (A or A+).

Well, this is your first game with Tulsa against a real opponent, and, interestingly enough, you also threw the ball QUITE a bit. I haven't actually played '13, but in '12, I was unstoppable with terrible teams because I could just throw the ball 60 times and keep it going against pretty much anyone that wasn't ridiculously good on defense (A or A+).
    Yeah, while Tulsa has a beastly running corps (1st string HB is 90 ovr, 2nd string is 83 ovr, 3rd string is high-70s, 1st string FB is 89 ovr), the offensive line isn't exactly the greatest. While they do rate from mid-70s to mid-80s in ovr, they are constantly letting defenders blow through the line and blow up run plays, especially more so going up against Oklahoma's defense, so I had no choice but to go heavy on the passing game.

Hopefully as I get into the weaker teams on my schedule when I start C-USA play, I can start unleashing the running game on them.

As for my next game, I got my recruiting in week 3 done and advanced through bye week, and knocked out recruiting for week 4, so I am able to fire up and play FIU right away when I get on next. Only issue will be when I get on next. I was planning this afternoon, but I don't know if it's going to happen or not.

After a 6am start today, my day has lengthened from the unexpected 1pm finish, as I found out at 7am today that we had decided to add an entirely new, previously unmentioned and unscheduled remote for one of our campaigns from 2-4.

And then I found out 20 minutes ago that for the originally scheduled 2-4pm remote on our other station/campaign, the person who has been scheduled to run the board for the remote for weeks now, suddenly wants to go to the remote today, so now I'm stuck pulling double duty, running two remotes on two separate stations at the same time from 2-4pm. Well, more like 3:45pm because whether or not those fuckers are ready to wrap up their remotes, they're going on air for their last breaks at 3:40-3:45, as I have to be on the opposite side of town for a meeting at 4pm.

So after ALL of that is done, I might be able to jump on and knocko out the FIU game around 5pm. That'll be all though as I have to be up at 5am for a 6am remote tomorrow morning, so it's gonna be an early night.

And after that, it'll be Saturday night at least before I can play again. I'm busy at work from 6am to 4pm then have to run board for HS basketball from 6pm to 10pm, and then turn right around and repeat the exact same damn thing on Friday, and then turn around and get up at 2am on Saturday morning for my morning show. And then Saturday afternoon is Army-Navy, which there is no way in hell that I am missing that game.

So if I do get FIU played tonight, that will be the last game for me in here until at least Saturday night or Sunday.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 12-05-2012 at 10:36 AM.

What a rough week for the Top 25. Other than my 65-56 overtime upset of #5 Oklahoma, many a team fell. The biggest, even bigger than mine, Fresno State knocking off #4 Oregon in overtime, 41-38. Elsewhere, #9 West Virginia barely holds off a 4th quarter comeback by Colorado State (CSU outscored WVU 21-3 in the 4th) to beat the Rams 30-28, Washington upsets #10 South Carolina 17-14, Northern Illinois goes to 2-0 after they knock off #12 Clemson 24-17, Tennessee upset #13 Virginia Tech 35-32.

#16 Ohio State barely holds on to beat Miami University at home 28-24 (it was 21-21 after three quarters), North Carolina knocked off #17 Florida State (FSU is now 0-2) to the tune of 37-28. #20 Texas escaped with a 23-17 win at home over Florida International. #22 Nebraska, in double overtime, escapes Miami (FL) at home, 20-17. Virginia moved to 2-0 with a 59-21 whooping of #24 BYU, and #25 Auburn scored 21 fourth quarter points to beat Mississippi State 34-27.

8 upsets in the Top 25 this week, including the #4, #5, #10, #12 and #13 teams all falling.

Other games of interest, congratulations souljahbill, Southern Miss is now 2-0 after whooping UMass 35-7. In the C-USA, another upset by Tulane, this time beating Kentucky 20-17. Fear the Green Wave. Jaymo, Arizona State is off to 1-0 start in 2014, as Sparky beats Louisiana Tech 35-14. G, good news for you, Arkansas State beats UConn 31-17, starting off 1-0 and knocking down a Big East team along the way.

For the Top 25 going into week 3, some major shakeup. Arkansas is up 2 to #4, Michigan up 2 to #5, West Virginia up 3 to #6, Alabama went up 1 to #7, Michigan State jumped 3 to #8, Wisconsin jumped 5 to #9, TCU also jumped 5 to #10, Ohio State climbed 5 to #11, Rutgers with the largest jump, up 6 to #12.

South Carolina dropped a mere 3 to #13, Oklahoma dropped 9 to #14, Oregon dropped 12 to #16, Virginia Tech dropped 9 to #22, Clemson dropped 12 to #24, Florida State dropped 10 from #17 to #27, BYU dropped from #24 to not even receiving votes.

Brand new in the Top 25, Washington makes an appearance at #20 (2-0), and Virginia has climbed to #25 (2-0). Despite knocking off the #5 team in the nation, no love whatsoever for the Golden Hurricanes of Tulsa, as we climb to only #32 (thank god for the Championship Contenders addition to NCAA '13 to I could actually find out the rank).
    Great to see you are doing this again brother! I have always appreciated your committment to detail. The sliders in this version of the game are a real pandoras box. Just when you think you have them, you don't. Good to see ASU with a 1-0 start. Anything less than a bowl this season will be dissapointing.

Other games of interest, congratulations souljahbill, Southern Miss is now 2-0 after whooping UMass 35-7..

EA is once again showing that their game is not sim!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Great to see you are doing this again brother! I have always appreciated your committment to detail. The sliders in this version of the game are a real pandoras box. Just when you think you have them, you don't. Good to see ASU with a 1-0 start. Anything less than a bowl this season will be dissapointing.
    And I am happy to be back! Got away from it for a while, in part due to regular hours at work and toy/food campaigns at work, but finally got back around to it. Yeah, I agree with Pandora's Box. Unfortunately a good portion of this season might end up being testing for tweaks to sliders as I try to find a happy medium.

And yeah, it was good to see ASU get that first win. I'll be keeping updates going each week for you regulars (yourself, mors, souljahbill, plus some community interests like Arkansas State), so hopefully we'll see some good news for everyone as the season goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post

EA is once again showing that their game is not sim!
    I can always sim and re-sim (or even play the games to guarantee a loss) unti USM loses every game if it'd make you feel better.

Smooth, out of curiosity have you checked who the worst team is right now? Usually it's Idaho, UMASS, etc but one season early in my dynasty the worst team was ... If you can believe it.... IOWA STATE!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Smooth, out of curiosity have you checked who the worst team is right now? Usually it's Idaho, UMASS, etc but one season early in my dynasty the worst team was ... If you can believe it.... IOWA STATE!
    I'll have to check. I may fire up my dynasty and try to play FIU real quick here in a bit. It'll depend on how up to it I'm feeling as I am already tired as hell and could probably fall asleep right now at 5pm if I closed my eyes for more than a minute or two.

Just a quick update, as I am online and about to start the FIU game. I never did an update for the bye week. I have no idea what happened in the Top 25 as I wasn't paying attention, but for our viewers.

Souljahbill, kiss that undefeated season goodbye. Week 3 wasn't pretty as Southern Miss got their asses handed to them by East Carolina, 40-10, dropping USM to 2-1 and 0-1 in C-USA. Southern Miss gets to try to recover on the road against a 2-1 Tennessee squad.

Mors, West Virginia was also on a bye week, so they are still 1-0, now ranked #6 and play 2-0 Maryland at home this week.

Jaymo, Arizona State is now 2-0, after kicking off Boise State's season with a 48-17 thrashing. Arizona State is at home this week with 2-0 Utah.

Community teams, Arkansas State is now 1-1 after losing to Louisville 24-20. The Red Wolves now host 1-1 Pittsburgh. Ohio State is now 3-0 and ranked #11 after beating Northern Illinois 35-7. The Buckeyes now head out west to play #18 Washington, who is 2-0 so far.

And on request, Iowa State is currently 1-1. The Cyclones got whooped by Iowa 24-3 in week 2, then beat Illinois 27-20 in week 3. It doesn't look too good though, as Iowa State this week hits the road to play #4 Alabama, entering the game at 2-1.

Game Three

Game Notes

--- What a game this was going to be for offensive coordinator Marco Ramius, as he made his return to his old stomping grounds, just months after leaving the beaches of Miami for Tulsa, Ramius was headed right back to take on the team he had coached to many thrilling victories, back to back Sun Belt titles and two bowl game wins. For three years expected to take FIU and its fans to new heights, it was now Ramius’ job to dash those hopes of the 2-1 Golden Panthers in a showdown to kickoff the C-USA schedules for both teams. We won the coin toss and elected to kick, putting our defense out in front.

After no return on the kickoff, the Golden Panthers took over on their own 30 yard line. After an incomplete pass from Chris Rankin, a 7 yard rush by Dominic Pittman left FIU with third and short. Our defense would refuse to budge, sacking Rankin for a four yard loss and forcing a FIU punt on fourth and 7. A fair catch on the 40 yard punt set our offense up for their first drive of the game on our 26 yard line. Kiel Fletcher got us started off with a four yard run followed by a gain of 9 yards to give us first down on the 39 yard line. On the next play, Fletcher got blown up on a toss play for a loss of three yards, forcing us to go to the air. Brandon Booth found John Andrews for a 10 yard gain to leave us with third and three from the 45 yard line, where Fletcher was only able to get two yards. Opting to go for it on fourth and one, Fletcher picked up three yards on the ground to get the conversion and a new set of downs at the 50 yard line. Brandon Price now got in on the action, breaking a 6 yard run, followed by a four yard gain from Fletcher to leave us with third and one at the FIU 40. After Fletcher converted for a first down with a three yard gain, it was backwards once again as Fletcher was swarmed for a loss of one. A pass to Sean Fox gained only four yards, leaving us with third and 7, before an incomplete pass forced us to punt from the 34 yard line. The punt sailed 45 yards for the touchback and the Golden Panthers were back on the field.

Florida International got some help to start their second drive, as the defense got flagged for offside, setting up first and 5 at the 25 yard line. After an incomplete pass, a 6 yard run by Pittman gave the Golden Panthers first down at the 31 yard line. Two more incomplete passes and a rush by Pittman for a loss of two yards and the Golden Panthers were forced to punt on fourth and 12 from their 29. The 49 yard punt was returned 8 yards by Price to give our offense the ball at our 30 with 3:14 to play. Getting us started, Fletcher picked up four yards on the ground before Booth connected with Fletcher along the left sideline for a 17 yard gain and a first down at the FIU 49. Booth scrambled for a 5 yard gain on the next play, followed by a one yard pick up from Fletcher. The drive would end after the next play as the option play on third and four was blown up, Fletcher being tackled for a loss of two, bringing out our punt team on fourth and 6 from the 45 yard line. The punt sailed 46 yards and went for a touchback. FIU’s third drive was much like their first two, going nowhere fast, as a two yard gain by Pittman was immediately erased as Rankin was sacked on second down for a loss of 6 yards. Pittman would gain four yards on the next play but it wasn't enough, the Golden Panthers forced to punt on fourth and 11 from their 19 yard line. A fair catch by Price gave us the ball on the 38 yard line with 1:20 left in the first quarter.

After an incomplete pass that was nearly intercepted on first down, Booth made the defense pay, as a blitz all by the defense was used against them, Booth finding Price out of the backfield, who broke one tackle before being tripped up for a 27 yard gain at the FIU 35 yard line. After another incomplete pass that was nearly picked off, Booth found Price along the left has hmark for a 10 yard gain and another first down. It was Carlos Anderson's turn on the next play, catching a pass for an 11 yard gain on a slant route to set up first down from the FIU 13 yard line. The next play, a play action fake caught the defense sleeping, allowing Price to haul in the pass and juke by the only defender with a hope of catching him, taking the pass 13 yards for the touchdown and a 7-0 lead with 33 seconds left in the quarter. After a touchback on the kickoff, Pittman took the ball on the ground for a pair of runs, picking up gains of 5 and three yards, as the clock expired on the first quarter, a 7-0 Tulsa lead.

Pittman kept the FIU drive alive on the first play of the second quarter, gaining 5 yards on third and two to give the Golden Panthers a new set of downs at their 38 yard line. The drive would quickly come to an end moments later after two incomplete passes and a one yard rush by Rankin, leaving FIU with fourth and 9 and another punt coming up. Starting on our 19 yard line after the 42 yard punt, the offense had all the momentum and looked ready to seize control of the game. Looks can be deceiving however, as after a four yard gain by Price, two incomplete passes left us punting on fourth and 6. Taking over on their 33 yard line, it appeared the Golden Panther offense had come to life, as an incomplete pass was followed by a 27 yard strike from Rankin to Andy Oliver to give FIU first down at our 40. Another quick strike to Martin Blanks went for 15 yards and first down at our 25. A two yard rush by Pittman was followed with a 5 yard pass to Donald Porter, leaving the Golden Panthers with third and three at our 18, when Pittman fumbled on a hit, the ball quickly being snatched up by defensive end Brian White and advanced 6 yards to the 26 yard line to give us back possession and avert a near defensive meltdown. After a three yard gain by Fletcher, a play action pass allowed Fox to get open along the right sideline and haul in a pass for a 15 yard gain and first down at the 44. After an incomplete pass on first down, Sean Parks hauled in a pass right on the left sideline, catching between two defenders and just getting his feet down before falling out of bounds for a 16 yard gain and first down at the FIU 40. The drive would screech to a halt on the next play as Booth was picked off as the linebacker jumped the pass, giving FIU possession on their 46.

This time the Golden Panthers wouldn’t be stopped, as Pittman got the drive started with a two yard rush, before Rankin hit Will O'Conner for a 13 yard gain. Another two yard rush was followed by passes of 13 yards to Oliver and 21 yards to Joe Haynes, giving FIU first and goal at our two yard line. After a one yard rush by Rankin, Pittman plunged into the end zone on second down for the one yard touchdown rush. The extra point successful, it was all tied up 7-7 with 3:42 left in the half. Three straight incomplete pass was bad enough, but even worse news was announced during the drive, that star back Fletcher had suffered a broken fibula and would be sidelined for 12 weeks, ending his regular season at that moment, with a very slight hope of him returning in time for a possible bowl game. Regardless, losing Fletcher for the season would be a massive, serious hit to our running game. Our defense at least was able to hold FIU to only one set of downs, as Pittman could only manage rushes of one and 5 yards, before an incomplete pass brought their drive to an end at their 43 yard line. Taking over on our 26 after the punt, time was short, only 2:31 left until halftime.

Price got our drive started off with a 7 yard gain on the ground, before the defense blew up the play on second and three, tackling Price for a loss of one. Booth kept the drive alive, finding Andrews for an 8 yard gain and first down ath te 41. After an incomplete pass, Booth hit Price for a 13 yard gain, advancing the ball to the FIU 46. Another incomplete pass was followed up with an 8 yard strike to Roy Smith, before Booth found Andrews again, this time for 9 yards and a first down at the 30 yard line. Keeping the momentum going, Booth hit Chad Fisher over the middle for 11 yards and a first down at the FIU 18. After an incomplete pass on first down, Booth found Anderson open on a slant route for an 11 yard gain and first and goal at the FIU 7 yard line with 51 seconds to play. We called our second timeout to stop the clock, catch a breather after going no-huddle most of the drive, and get organized. After a pass intended for Fox was knocked incomplete, Booth found Anderson over the middle on the next play for the 7 yard touchdown pass, giving us a 14-7 lead with 45 seconds left in the half. After a touchback on the kickoff, FIU wasted no time in moving the ball. Rankin hit Haynes for a 13 yard gain, followed by a 9 yard strike to O’Conner. An incomplete pass gave way to a 20 yard pass to Oliver and first down at our 34 yard line. An incomplete pass on first down left FIU with just three seconds left on the clock and a choice between chucking to the end zone or attempting a 51 yard field goal. The Golden Panthers opted to try the field goal, but it was no good, as the kick from Justin Moore sailed well wide left, preserving our 14-7 lead as we headed into the locker rooms, and a chance to build on the lead with first possession in the second half.

A touchback on the opening kickoff of the second half, and our offense was back to work starting on our 25. Price kicked off the drive with a gain of 5 yards off tackle, before Booth hit Fox for a three yard gain to set up third and two. A two yard rush by Price was just enough to give us a first down at the 35 yard line. Fox followed that up with a 6 yard gain, before Price gained three and 5 yards on separate rushes to give us first down at midfield. Catching the defense off guard, Nicholas Roberts broke loose along the right sideline on the play action fake and hauled in the pass for a 15 yard gain and another first down at the FIU 36. After an incomplete pass on first down, Fisher was able to haul in a pass between the safeties and fight forward to the FIU 10 yard line for a 26 yard gain and first and goal. Keeping in the air, it was an easy 10 yard touchdown pass to Fox as the defense rushed all three linebackers, leaving nothing but grass between Fox and the end zone, beating the safety to the chalk and a giving us a 21-7 lead with 6:12 to play in the third quarter. That touchdown seemed to knock the Golden Panthers out of their rhythm, as Pittman inexplicably brought the kickoff out of the end zone, only making it to the FIU 15 before being tackled. It was nowhere but backwards after that, as Pittman then was tackled for losses of three and one yards, before an incomplete pass by Rankin left FIU punting on fourth and 14 from their 11 yard line. A 46 yard punt was returned 6 yards by Price, setting us up in our best field position of the entire game, starting at our 48 yard line.

It was a quick first down to start the drive as Price broke consecutive runs of 6 yards to give us a new set of downs at the FIU 41, but a minor setback was suffered when Fox was overwhelmed in the backfield for a one yard rush on the next play. Fox made up for it on the next play, hauling in a pass from Booth for a 9 yard gain and setting up third and one from the 32. Price would convert the third down and then some, busting loose up the middle, breaking a pair of tackles before dragging a defender forward for another couple yards, ending with a gain of 13 yards on the ground and first down at the FIU 19. Price was able to gain another 6 yards on the next play, running a counter to the right and beating the end to the sideline. Fox would then pick up the first down, breaking off the left tackle for a 6 yard gain, giving us first and goal at the FIU 6 yard line. Price advanced the ball down to the FIU two yard line with a four yard run on first down, before being stood up for no gain on second down, leaving us with third and goal at the FIU 2. The offense would refuse to settle for a field goal, as it was back to the air on the next play. The defense missed Fox coming out of the backfield while trying to cover the other three receivers, and Fox was left wide open to haul in the pass and run the two yards to the corner of the end zone untouched. The extra point by Alphonso Pratt was no good, the snap going bad and the kick clanking off the left upright, leaving us with a 27-7 lead with 2:08 left in the third.

After a 20 yard kickoff return by Pittman, it seemed like another short drive was in order for the Golden Panthers, as two incomplete passes from Rankin left them with third and 10. The drive would not end so soon however, as Rankin found Haynes for a 29 yard gain and first down at our 47. After another incomplete pass on first down, Pittman hauled in a 13 yard pass and FIU had another first down at our 33. It was here that the drive would end up stalling out, Rankin throwing three straight incomplete passes. Trying once again for a 50+ yard field goal, the 50 yard attempt by Moore was once again no good, this time sailing wide right, and we took over at the 33 yard line with 55 seconds left in the quarter. Going right back to the ground game, Price picked up four yards on first down, before being tackled for a two yard loss. It wouldn’t stand for long however, as the dirty laundry came out, the refs flagging the defense for facemask as Price was drug down by his facemask and helmet, giving us a new first down at the FIU 49 yard line thanks to the gift from the defense instead of what would have been third and 8 at our 36. A pitch right on first down would only gain three yards, as the final seconds ticked off the clock, bring the third quarter to a close, holding on with a 27-7 lead.

The start of the fourth quarter it was back to the air, but the drive would stall, as two incomplete passes left us stranded at midfield. Starting on their 25 after the touchback, an immediate incomplete pass again cast doubts on the start of the drive, but a 5 yard rush by Rankin on second down was followed with an 8 yard pass to Blanks to get the Golden Panthers a first down. Another pass, this time to Pittman, went for 7 yards before an incomplete pass left FIU facing third and three. Pittman would convert the first down, gaining 6 on the ground to give the Golden Panthers first down at their 45 yard line. The offense would go backwards from there, as a holding penalty pushed FIU back to their 35 yard line and facing first and 20. The drive seemed in danger, as two incomplete passes left FIU with third and 20, but Rankin kept the drive alive, hitting O’Conner for 31 yards to get first down at our 33 yard line. This time the drive would come to an end, as Aaron McDonald picked off Rankin to give us possession at the 22 yard line with 7:05 left to play. The Golden Panthers, at that time with 7 minutes still to play, probably did not realize that they would not see th ball again until less than a minute remained.

Going with the ground game to try and chew up some clock, Price started us off with a 5 yard rush, before a one yard gain by Price left us with third and four. Fox would convert for the first down with a four yard pass to give us first down at our 33 yard line. After Price rushed for no gain on the following play, our drive started to seem in danger of ending early, as Booth’s pass intended for Anderson was knocked incomplete, leaving us with third and 10 at the 33. A 9 yard pass to Roberts left us with a tough decision of going for it or punting. Choosing to go for it, Booth found Randy Newman along the sideline, needling a pass past the head of the corner, for a 10 yard gain and a first down at the FIU 49. Price would give us another new set of downs, breaking runs of 6 and four yards, before Fox found a hole for a 6 yard gain, leaving us with second and four from the FIU 33 with 2:33 left to play. Price was tackled for no gain on the next play, before Booth hit Fox for a two yard gain to leave us with fourth and two at the FIU 31 and 1:17 left to play. With an insurmountable lead and no guarantee of converting the fourth down, we settled for a 48 yard field goal attempt. It never had a chance, as the kick fell easily 7 yards short of the goal post, just barely even making it into the end zone.

With the failed field goal attempt, FIU took over at their 31 yard line with only 50 seconds left to play. The Golden Panthers wanted to at least exit on a positive note, as Rankin hit Haynes for a 31 yard gain, but an incomplete pass and a sack for a loss of three yards left FIU with third and 13 at our 41 yard line and only 37 seconds left to go. A dropped pass would leave FIU with fourth and 13, but choosing to go for it, Ranking found Blanks for a 32 yard gain, giving the Golden Panthers first and goal at our 9 yard line with 23 seconds left. Haynes hauled in a 5 yard pass from Rankin on first down with 12 seconds left to play, before a dropped pass froze the clock at three second and gave FIU one last chance at the end zone on third and goal. Florida International would get their positive note to end the game on, as Pittman pounded the ball up the gut for the 5 yard touchdown rush, closing the final margin to 13 points, a 27-13 win for the Tulsa Golden Hurricanes.

With the win, we improve to 3-0 on the season and 1-0 in C-USA play. Florida International drops to 2-2 and 1-1 in C-USA action. Next up, our third road game of the season as we head west to take on Utah. The Utes enter the game 3-0, having beaten Kansas 38-3, won on the road at Utah State 55-14, and picked up a win at Arizona State, 49-25.

Final Score
    27, 14

Stat(s) of the Game:
    Tulsa Offense – For the most part a stellar day by Booth, throwing for 283 yards and 4 touchdowns, his only blemish the one interception. The rushing game took a huge hit, as the loss of 90 OVR star Kiel Fletcher for at least the remainder of the regular season, if not until next year, will be difficult to overcome. There is still a positive future for the Golden Hurricanes though, as the passing attack is as strong as ever. 10 different players each caught at least one pass during today's game, all but one of them ending the game with at least 10 or more yards receiving. As long as we can still get some success from Price and Fox, we should be able to use the ground game to set up our passing attack and leave opponents playing catch up.

Tulsa Defense – An interception, a forced fumble and recovery of said fumble, three sacks and allowed only 42 yards rushing all game, an outstanding performance by the defense. Things look much brighter with this defense than the constant "bend but hope they don't break" defenses I had to put up with at FIU.

Tulsa Kicking – No longer perfect on the season, Pratt ends the game 3 for 4 in PATs and 0-1 in field goals. Still a good day, just hope I'm not seeing flasbacks of Griffin and Hagen.

Scoring Summary

Team 1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter Final Score
    7 7 13 0 27
    0 7 0 7 14

Time Team Result Play Score
    First Quarter
    0:33 Touchdown B. Price, 13 yard pass from B. Booth (A. Pratt kick) 7-0
    Second Quarter
    3:42 Touchdown D. Pittman, 1 yard run (J. Moore kick) TIED 7-7
    0:45 Touchdown C. Anderson, 7 yard pass from B. Booth (A. Pratt kick) 14-7
    Third Quarter
    6:12 Touchdown S. Fox, 10 yard pass from B. Booth (A. Pratt kick) 21-7
    2:08 Touchdown S. Fox, 2 yard pass from B. Booth (missed kick) 27-7
    Fourth Quarter
    0:00 Touchdown D. Pittman, 4 yard run (J. Moore kick) 27-14

Game Stats

Tulsa Stat Florida International
    27 Score 14
    25 First Downs 16
    414 Total Offense 346
    39 - 131 - 0 Rushes - Yards - TD 22 - 54 - 2
    27 - 45 - 4 Comp - Att - TD 17 - 42 - 0
    283 Passing Yards 292
    0 Times Sacked 3
    8 - 16 (50%) 3rd Down Conversion 7 - 16 (43%)
    2 - 2 (100%) 4th Down Conversion 1 - 1 (100%)
    0 - 0 (0%) 2-Point Conv 0 - 0 (0%)
    4 - 4 - 0 (100%) Red Zone - TD - FG 5 - 2 - 0 (40%)
    1 Turnovers 2
    0 Fumbles Lost 1
    1 Intercepted 1
    24 Punt Return Yards 12
    27 Kick Return Yards 35
    465 Total Yards 393
    5 – 43.4 Punts - Average 6 - 43.8
    3 - 15 Penalties 2 - 25
    24:31 Time of Possession 11:29

Tulsa Contract Goals Update

Fail Impact Goal Progress Pass Impact
    Win 8 games in one season 3
    13+ passing TD in one season
    14+ points per game in each season 43
    7+ rushing TD in one season 3
    2400+ total offensive yards in one season 1571
    2400+ total offensive yards in each season 1571
    Win 4 games in one season 3
    2000+ total offensive yards in one season 1571

Job Security Status

61%

Alright, time for the look around the nation. Starting in the Top 25, a rather quiet week this week compared to past weeks. #2 LSU handed #20 Auburn their first loss, 45-23, in the game of the week, #21 Notre Dame knocks off #5 Michigan, handing the Wolverines their first loss, 32-28, Notre Dame scoring the game winning touchdown with 1:08 left to play. #18 Washington knocked off the #11 Ohio State Buckeyes, 42-35, #14 Oklahoma dropped #25 Kansas State 27-20. Florida State knocked off #22 Clemson 29-17 (it was 26-7 after 3 quarters, never close for Clemson).

For our readers, good news Mors, #6 West Virginia smoked Maryland 52-14, and with Michigan losing, should move up to #5 next week. Souljahbill, sorry man, Southern Miss drops to 2-2, losing to Tennessee 19-7. Iowa State is now 1-2, getting bitchslapped by #4 Alabama 42-0. On a personal note, Navy is now 2-2 after beating San Jose State 21-14. Sorry Jaymo, Sparky just got knocked from the ranks of the unbeaten, getting whooped by Utah 49-25. Other teams of interest, Arkansas State drops to 1-2, losing 35-24 to Pitt.

Woot! #5 baby! We might suck in real life, but in fantasy NCAA, we're still loved.

Good win against your old team. Finally got the running game going some, which is good to see. Game is boring when you have to throw the ball 60+ times.

Holy Game Reports, Batman! Nicely done, Smooth.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud