Thread: NEW FEATURE IDEA: CUSTOM DIVISION 1A (FBS) and other ideas...

• Facebook
  • Display

NEW FEATURE IDEA: CUSTOM DIVISION 1A (FBS) and other ideas...

This idea stems from my early Dynasty stages.

I LOVE super conferences. However, there is one more element I wish to implement....

CUSTOM DIVISION 1A (FBS)

What does that mean?

I want the ability to have anywhere from 16, 32, 64....up to 120 teams in the game at any time.

This stems from my four Super Conferences I have in my dynasty. I have a 16 team Pac 12, Big Ten, ACC, and SEC. All are filled with what I believe are the top 64 programs in the game. However, I only want to play with THOSE 64.

I don't like the idea that I HAVE to have a Sun Belt or WAC when all I care about are the Super Conferences I created. The idea that a San Diego State can run the table in a four team MWC and make an at-large BCS game is annoying. I only want the BCS games to have my power teams....but this leads to another idea....

Custom Postseason:

I KNOW I KNOW....it's a pipe dream, it'll never happen, EA is not allowed blah blah blah...

Maybe there could be a weird way around it like how EA has Brad Nessler record last names, yet don't advertise it since it's supposed to be QB #12 and not Andrew Luck?

BUT...if I could have this dream become a reality I would love to set up where each conference champion plays a plus one format. Basically the conference title games are a defacto first round of an eight team playoff...(OH CRAP THE "P" WORD! MY BAD!)

But for you bowl fans out there I would also like the ability to make ANY BOWL GAME A BCS GAME. I.E. Big 12 has the Cotton Bowl as it's BCS game....Give the Big East the Capital One...etc...If you can make the WAC an automatic qualifier why not do that for other bowl games? Why not create-a-bowl???

Create-a-Conference

I want the ability to make a conference from scratch. New name, new logo, new trophy...etc. Instead of having old SWC members in the Big 12...why not just make the SWC itself?

More options are always better. Make it happen EA!

Quote Originally Posted by onikuno View Post
    This idea stems from my early Dynasty stages.

I LOVE super conferences. However, there is one more element I wish to implement....

CUSTOM DIVISION 1A (FBS)

What does that mean?

I want the ability to have anywhere from 16, 32, 64....up to 120 teams in the game at any time.

This stems from my four Super Conferences I have in my dynasty. I have a 16 team Pac 12, Big Ten, ACC, and SEC. All are filled with what I believe are the top 64 programs in the game. However, I only want to play with THOSE 64.

I don't like the idea that I HAVE to have a Sun Belt or WAC when all I care about are the Super Conferences I created. The idea that a San Diego State can run the table in a four team MWC and make an at-large BCS game is annoying. I only want the BCS games to have my power teams....but this leads to another idea....

Custom Postseason:

I KNOW I KNOW....it's a pipe dream, it'll never happen, EA is not allowed blah blah blah...

Maybe there could be a weird way around it like how EA has Brad Nessler record last names, yet don't advertise it since it's supposed to be QB #12 and not Andrew Luck?

BUT...if I could have this dream become a reality I would love to set up where each conference champion plays a plus one format. Basically the conference title games are a defacto first round of an eight team playoff...(OH CRAP THE "P" WORD! MY BAD!)

But for you bowl fans out there I would also like the ability to make ANY BOWL GAME A BCS GAME. I.E. Big 12 has the Cotton Bowl as it's BCS game....Give the Big East the Capital One...etc...If you can make the WAC an automatic qualifier why not do that for other bowl games? Why not create-a-bowl???

Create-a-Conference

I want the ability to make a conference from scratch. New name, new logo, new trophy...etc. Instead of having old SWC members in the Big 12...why not just make the SWC itself?

More options are always better. Make it happen EA!
    Haha THE P WORD!