Thread: I don't want to hate this game, but I do

• Facebook
  • Display

I don't want to hate this game, but I do

Firstly, let me say that iv'e bought every NCAA football game since 2003, and the fact of the matter is, i'm still having more fun gameplay wise on the 2006 edition of the game than I am in NCAA 12.

I want to love this game, I really really do, but the flaws in the gameplay are just too much to overlook.

The excessive INT's caused by superhuman warping DB's

Superman LB's jumping at such insane speeds to knock down passes they were no where near, without even looking at the QB or the ball.

DB's warping into position at crazy unrealistic speeds to break up a pass play or, most of the time get an INT.

Even when I do have a receiver open, it seems like a Dlineman is in my face to hit me or sack me, every time I have someone open. Not that I would have completed it anyway due to superman DB's

Right now the game plays completely unrealistic and i'm just not having fun right now.

youll get use to most of it by September

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Try Steelerfan's sliders. They're pretty damn good in my opinion and I haven't seen any of those crazy things happening, at all.

Where can we get his sliders? Is there a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Koach Vonner View Post
    Where can we get his sliders? Is there a link?
    Here you go. Steelerfan's sliders

Quote Originally Posted by 412Juice716 View Post
    Firstly, let me say that iv'e bought every NCAA football game since 2003, and the fact of the matter is, i'm still having more fun gameplay wise on the 2006 edition of the game than I am in NCAA 12.

I want to love this game, I really really do, but the flaws in the gameplay are just too much to overlook.

The excessive INT's caused by superhuman warping DB's

Superman LB's jumping at such insane speeds to knock down passes they were no where near, without even looking at the QB or the ball.

DB's warping into position at crazy unrealistic speeds to break up a pass play or, most of the time get an INT.

Even when I do have a receiver open, it seems like a Dlineman is in my face to hit me or sack me, every time I have someone open. Not that I would have completed it anyway due to superman DB's

Right now the game plays completely unrealistic and i'm just not having fun right now.
    My guess is you need some good sliders. I've been playing on Heisman w/ the sliders I used last year, and haven't seen the issues you mentioned. I've had one... ONE... Leaping LBer in about 15 games and in a trial dynasty I played 4 games as and was 2-2... w/ 0 interceptions. Considering that I play 5-Wide and throw 99% of the time, those are insane numbers.

I've suffered about 3-4 lost fumbles a game, which cost me big in one loss, and my QB is hitting around 67% of his passes, which is low for me. The WR's dropping passes is largely to blame for this though.

I am going to tweak them a bit and then may share them here, to get others opinions on them. I'm also going to try Steelerfan's sliders out too. My biggest gripe w/ the game is the damn CPB bug...

You are doing well but What's the issue in your gaming? I haven't understand it.

I agree with with what your saying, I've thrown numerous pics so far, and yes, a bunch are my fault but some plays the d makes seem impossible, I feel that this also is part that i believe i don't have as much touch on the ball when i throw it, using the LS to aim my pass.
    Last edited by Buckwild58; 07-15-2011 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Try Steelerfan's sliders. They're pretty damn good in my opinion and I haven't seen any of those crazy things happening, at all.
    What I don't get about those sliders is that it seems like the CPU would be even better with all of those. The only major ones I see reduced are pass coverage and interceptions. I mean, jacking Rush Defense up to 80? I am running well right now, but not obscenely so. Pretty normal yardage and YPC.

Quote Originally Posted by cjg225 View Post
    What I don't get about those sliders is that it seems like the CPU would be even better with all of those. The only major ones I see reduced are pass coverage and interceptions. I mean, jacking Rush Defense up to 80? I am running well right now, but not obscenely so. Pretty normal yardage and YPC.
    Really not trying to be a jerk, but you can always customize those sliders for your unique skillset also. I've tweaked Steelerfan's sliders a little bit for my strengths (and many weaknesses) to make the game play realistic for me, but in general I've found his sliders to help the game play pretty fair.

I don't think there's anything superhuman with the computer D on Heisman, in fact, I've lit them up passing and I'm not even sure I've thrown an INT.

I will be turning down CPU pass coverage as its just too good and turning up my pass blocking as i feel like everytime i have someone open the DL is going to get me. Otherwise, i LOVE the run game, i also feel like part of my QB struggles are the QB i currently have (FSU QB#3) is mediocre at best.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    This.
    And I'll throw in my 2cents, check em out! I was skeptical because looking at the changes he made it seemed to be taking the game in the opposite direction I'd been tweaking sliders on my own, but when all of the changes he's made are put together the game plays very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    And I'll throw in my 2cents, check em out! I was skeptical because looking at the changes he made it seemed to be taking the game in the opposite direction I'd been tweaking sliders on my own, but when all of the changes he's made are put together the game plays very well.
    And another endorsement for Steelerfan's sliders. I love them. I instantly set my sliders to steelerfan's settings before I ever even played my first game of NCAA 12, and it was a tough, drawn out, defensive battle. It was PERFECT. With the exception of making some minor slider changes that steelerfan also has made and posted about in his sliders thread, I have not touched my sliders once since I first put those sliders into my settings.

*sigh*

I guess I'll have to try this for a few games, even though they seem completely counter-intuitive. I mean, why would I make my QB's accuracy even less when he already is awful at getting the ball anywhere near a receiver? Why would I make my opponent's WR catching 20% better when they already catch everything throw at them? Why would I decrease my pass coverage 40% when my DBs are already complete morons? But, can't hurt to try. It'll just leave me incredibly frustrated for a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by cjg225 View Post
    I guess I'll have to try this for a few games, even though they seem completely counter-intuitive.
    Sliders are inherently you're-mileage-may-vary because of various skill levels, team ratings, etc. If you're struggling now, on the defaults, I agree that trying steelerfan's sliders may not be the answer you're looking for. There's nothing wrong with just taking the defaults and tweaking them as you see fit.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I have yet to try SF'a sliders but I'll bet a good bit could be attributed to the game speed. You would be surprised how much a difference that can make alone. I've always said the game moves way too fast

I've played a good amount online, with no sliders. I've only thrown a total of 15 ints, and 10 of them we're my fault. Out of the other five ints, 1 was tipped at the LOS and caught, and DE caught another one when I was hit, 2 were from a hail mary, and the other 1 was dumb when I had a wide open guy and LB jumped up to get that one. If I floated that last one, it was six. Just gotta get used to it.