Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Illwill10's RTG progress to NFL

• Facebook
  • Display
    My 6th INT in my Fresh year(in 5 straight games, on All-American), I will post in a few mins. Still kinda disappointed there is no CB XP packs. Nevermind, I just saw the first defensive pack after 9 weeks. Cant afford it, but nice to see.
    My next games is against Texas Tech so there is a good chance of extending streak.

Just got my 7th INT(in 6 straight games with at least 1 INT) against

Just almost lose to a unranked school(Texas is rated #2) because I failed to get my 8th INT. The play was going to perfectly well, It was a Deep Corner pass in the endzone and I had a deep coverage responibilty. The QB threw a pickable pass, but I pressed Y to early and gave up a TD that almost beat us. It was a over-confidence mistake

I got my 8th INT of the season in the 4th Q where we were losing by 6 and which sparked a comeback win. At that moment, I wouldnt of cared if we would of lost and NC hopes would go faded. I am currently tied the School record of INTs in a season with 2 games before bowl season

My RTG RB after 9 games in the second season, has 2000 yards and 20 TDs. With the ability to change plays, I lead the nation in Attempts(whitch is something that I could never say in previous years). I dont feel bad doing it because the current QB is Fresh/Soph. We are 8-1 but not ranked, even though we beat 3 or more ranked teams. I am a lock for Heisman.
    I dont plan to staying past my junior year.
    Next post will be about my QB
    Last edited by illwill10; 07-26-2011 at 12:42 PM.

My QB team is 3-0. We(Utah) face USC next. The only gripe about pro-style team/5 min quarters is that I only throw 13-20 attempts.
    I am depeserately waiting for a speed boost pack. I have a high enough ACC to scramble with success, but not the speed to dominate.
    Next post will be about CB or WR. I am also wait desperately waiting for a Man/Zone Cov boost for my CB

End of Freshman year for my CB, won the NC. Didnt win any awards. But, I did set the school record for INTs in a season with 10 INTs. We had #1 Defense, INTs, Def Red Zone %, and least points allowed. I was 2nd in the nation in INTs. I had 40 Tackles
    Next will be about WR

My WR ended his freshman season with 44 Catches, 698 Yards, and 9 TDs. Freshman All-American
    My DE in his first start(after 4 or 5 weeks) had 3 sacks against USC.
    My RB missed out on the Heisman despite having 2300+ yards and 23+ TDs. I think was because we lost 3 straight games leading to Bowl Season. Plus I have been getting injuried alot.I got shut down in 2 games having only 100 yards combined against lowly-rated teams. My Jr year will be my Final year for my RB, so Heisman is biggest goal.

I think it will be very tough to win the Heisman with my RB, regardless of stats. I get the carries and I very consistent. But the fact that Im on Syracuse and that we will most likely not go undefeated(because we will not be ranked with a 9-3 record or lower). The QB who won had 3300 yards and 43 TDs, but I think his team was highly rated.
    I think it will be slightly easier to win it with my QB. because I play in a great Conference, have great weapons. But with only 5 min quarters, I will be tough to get the attempts and TDs. Even though I can scramble with success, I barely scramble with only 70 speed

IMO, Lineplay/Interaction is one of the reasons I why Dline/3-4 OLB is my least favorite positions to play in RTG. I dont know whether only having 71 ACC as a DE, but I cant really chase anyone down. I dont like some of the animations. Especially, the one where I shed the block but get in to an animation where It looks like he failed a hit stick attempt when I push turbo. The constant cut-blocks/low blocks and sliding.

I am already thinking of the teams I want to go to in Madden in SS mode. I cant really remember being excited to import RTG into SS, beside first year. I didnt play SS in 2 years. But when I did play I just used current rookies because imports would come in SO low and it would take time to progress. My Rule will be since we auto-start will be to go to a team with a player no higher than 85 at current position.
    So,
    RB- IND and MIA. I really want to go to IND, so much that I might walk-on to Colts. My RB is a every-down back.
    QB- MIA, WASH, and ARI. Most likely WASH because they have a ton of WRs now and a passing O.
    WR- DEN, CAR, STL. Probably most likely want to Go to CAR or STL to become #1 WR for a young QB
    CB- HOU, IND, DET. I want to go to Lions because of need and QBs in division

Having the ability to Hot Route and Audible makes playing QB so much funner. I am able to exploit the defense more and have a high comp %. It is rare for me to have over 300 yards, unless I face a bad secondary, but I do have a high %. I went from passing 61% in Fresh year to 73% this year. Most of my passes are short passes, so I will fit a West Coast O in Madden.
    I only avg 15-27 passes(depending on how many scrambles I take). Since I have a RB Heisman, Walker, Walter Camp, and Maxwell candidate, I dont like to take any carries away from him. But since he is a JR, I hope he leaves for the draft. So, I can change the play alot and AVG 20-30 Attempts per game.

Playing as a WR isnt as fun as I expected it to be. My QB is 97 rated with 95 THA, but he consistently makes horrible throws when Im open, Pro-Style O wasnt a good choice with RB getting 22-30+ carries a game

It seems unless have a underneath route or a blown coverage or break off a route, I wont get pass thrown to me. A ton of Lobs from the QB. Just played a where the RB got 40 carries

If Superstar mode is like it was previous years concerning drafting, I would be able to deal with it. Which is beginning no higher than 3rd round pick. My RTG players would fit that mold. A every-down RB that broke a ton of records(probably not Heisman) in a run-heavy Pro style O, but in a weak conference. A balanced QB that won a NC and played in Pro-Style O and had a great Comp %, but take a ton of sacks, forces passes, and had great talent around him(good/bad thing). A Balanced WR with great speed, hands, toughness, and leaping abilty. But under-performed, calls for alot of passes, Doesnt run the routes correctly. Cover CB who is a great playmaker and shut down corner and can tackle, but loses focuses time-to-time, falls for PA too much, takes bad angles to ball carriers.
    I can actually say I cant wait to try out Superstar mode.

My RB just got shut down 23-47 in a bowl game. Recently I have been getting shut down for 70 yards or less. Ive been getting the carries, but cant do anything. I cant even get past the line of the scrimmage. It seems like the dLine get off their block as soon as I get near them. They blitz every time I run. I have auto-sprint off and I dont even have time to push turbo. I am still using the same difficulty(AA), but have recently lowered the User Run Blocking and ability sliders. I might raise the Run blocking back up. It would be something If I was getting shut down by great defenses, but I am getting shut down by unranked teams.
    I am starting my JR, which will be my last year.

Just won the NC with my QB for Utah. I had my best game ever with a 21-31 340 1 TD in the NC. The RB for our team won the Heisman. I ended up with 3474 yards and 26 TDs for 72% and 558 rush yards 6TDs. So I ended up with 4000+ total yards and 32 TDs. I
    I will enter my JR year, I plan to stay for SR year. I dont expect a Heisman, but a ton of Good QBs will leave for the Draft, so there is a chance. I might lose my Heisman RB, but backup had 500 yards. I will pass more if the RB goes. I will scramble more. I finally got to 80 Speed. It is rare that a Speed boost comes up. I have 2 great WRs and hopefully my TE doesnt declare(had 1000 yards 10 TDs). So I have weapons to throws, so I will Audible more.
    My QB is the early fav for Heisman, wasnt on list at all. TE stayed and have 2 WRs, all over 90. But not only did my Heisman RB(JR) left, his backup(who was good) left too. The current start is 84 and is a power RB. So, I will definitely pass way more.The RB might only get 800+ yards. Great Oline. I will have a GREAT year
    IF you look at my WRs and TE career stats(2 years), They look like great single seasons stats. A ton of QBs had as many completions than I had attempts(227).But with our top 2 RBs going, I will pass 30+ a game. First 2 years we set up the PA pass. Now I will set up the short runs. Even though I could change the plays, I rarely did. Our RBs were great. I audibled sometimes,mostly line shifts. Now I will do it alot, Mainly to call a Run play then Audible to a Pass.
    Heisman is a possibility now
    Last edited by illwill10; 07-30-2011 at 01:24 AM.