Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crew Johnsons journey to fame. CC

• Facebook
  • Display
    Week 10

The Offense really stalled after the big win against Nevada, with the team on a high the Bulldogs set them straight.

Matt Christian - 7-22-65 3int

Christian continued to be subpar and very inconsistant, which has the coaches thinking about a new direction now. Christian is a SR and has the tools to be sucessfull but doesnt look like it clicks for him

Robert Clay - 12-76-1td

Clay has been the workhorse for this team and continued to do so, giving the Aggies the only touchdown of the day, and averaging 6.3yrds a carry.

Gameball

Robert Clay
    Last edited by texacotea; 07-18-2011 at 06:38 AM.

Week 11 L 19-12

The "stat of the day" fumlbe happened when Coach Johnson decided to go for a fake FG and the backup QB fumbled after the Fresno St defense was caught off gaurd and it was scooped and taken to the house.

Matt Christian - 13-24-203-1td 1int

Christian looked like a QB that was poised and experienced throught the day. He made good decisions and put the Aggies in a position to win.

Kenny Turner - 20-122-1

Turner returned from injury and played well. The high ankle sprian has plaqued him most of his SR yr. The coaches would have loved to see him 100% the whole yr though

Marcus Williams - 3rec 82yrd 1td

Williams stepped up and made the most of his catches. With his number only being called 3 times today he made a statement.

GameBall

Kenny Turner

Week 12 L 31-0
    This BYU defense had the playbook in had, or was tapped into our mics today. Every play seemed to be blown up before it started. This is the LOW point of the yr.

Matt Christian - 1-5 6yrds 3int

Chirstian made it a point to start this game being terrible. Throwing more balls to the Cougars defense than to his own team, 2 of which were pick 6.

Andrew Manley 10-32-88yrd 3int

Manley was thrown in the fire and played well at that. Stats are misleading, we were suprised by the way he handled the offense and will get the start next week over Christian.

GameBall

Andrew Manley

The Cougar defense forced 7 turnovers tonight and was all over the field. Crew tried a different approach with the offense tonight and it backfired.

With 2 games left and the Aggies sitting @ 4-6 they look to get wins against La Tech and Utah st, to become bowl eligible.

Updated Recruiting.....

Looking good man. With as tough as that schedule looks, 4-6 so far isn't bad. That was a tough loss to BYU, but you're still in good shape. You picked up the rivalry game victory, always a major confidence boost, and La. Tech and Utah State are both winnable games. I'm pulling for you man, hope to see the Aggies pull out the 6-6 season and go bowling after the regular season.

Week 13 L 40-3

Andrew Manley 13-45-177 2 int

After Manleys performance last week he got the nod this week. Wasnt a good idea at all, he was rattled the whole game and looked uncomfortable out there. Manleys future as a Aggie looks dim, with Weber coming in and looking to be the best QB we have Manley can give out towels and water next yr.

Kenny Turner 10-46yrds

Turner back from injury (again) didnt get much going and wasnt very productive.

This puts the aggies at 4-7 and really hurts any other goals that they have for the season.

SENIOR DAY

Week 14 L 24-17 OT

Matt Christian 13-28-172-1td 3int

Senior Day was much like any day for Matt, Terrible. Matt was recognized before the game with his parents. His parents was seen leaving the 3rd quarter with hiding thier faces. Matt will receive his degree and wont step foot back on this football field

Kenny Turner 22-126yrds

Kenny had 100 yrds in the 1st half. La Tech made the adjustments and shut him down in the 2nd half. Kenny will rest in the off-season and be the feature back next yr, pending health issues.

Season ended with the Aggies @ 4-8. Cant really say it was a dissapointment but we were in position to win a couple games and couldnt make it happen. Looking forward to playing with incoming FR Justin Weber, he will have a skill set that none of the QBs I have on roster have.

OFFSEASON

Kirk Cousins won the Heisman

Alabama played Wisconsin in the MNC and lost, thus stopping the dominance of the SEC.

Coaching Moves

- Considered for the OC job (not offered)
    - Offered the OC Job (declined)
    - Offered the OC Job (Declined)

Stayed trued to what I was going to do, The Texas Tech job was only a job but I wanted to play with Weber and see if I can get this team Bowl eligable this yr. It was tough and I debated it for a while before I declined it
    Last edited by texacotea; 07-19-2011 at 09:18 AM.

You were offered the OC job? Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    You were offered the OC job? Is that right?
    Yes, I fixed it...it was a tough decision

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    Yes, I fixed it...it was a tough decision
    No kidding, OC is quite the position to be in.

No kidding, OC is quite the position to be in.
    Almost came down to a coin flip....

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Damn. I would be incredibly tempted to jump on that one. Wow. I might have a real hard time not leaving Memphis after one year (even though I promised myself I would stay the entire 3 year contract before moving on).

I respect the decision of staying! Can't wait until I have those 'tough' decisions!

<-- Following

Week 2 L 14-13

Justin Weber 16-28-195 1td 1int

Weber started his freshman campaign off on the road. Justin played well and looked better than anyone we had last yr on the roster. Weber looks to have a bright future here.

Kenny Turner - 25-134yrds
    Kenny will be the highlight of the offense barring any injuries. He showed he can make the plays to keep up in the game. He averaged 5.3 YPC today and was explosive when he had the ball

GameBall

Kenny Turner

Week 3 W 21-9

Justin Weber - 14-21-223 1TD
    Weber seems to be settling into this offense and finding his rythm. He made the tough throws and got his 1st win under his belt against a rival

Austin Franklin - 1 rush 7yrds 1td/ 2rec 100yrds 1td
    Fanklin did alot in little touches today scoring 2 times while only touching the ball 3 times.

GameBall

Austin Franklin
    Last edited by texacotea; 07-21-2011 at 08:39 AM.

Week 5 L 34-3

Justin Weber 9-22 141yrds 2INT
    Weber faced a hostile enviroment and was shook all game long. The Wolfpack defense threw diff coverages and blitz's at him and Weber struggled. Weber is looking forward to playing at home against instate rival next week

Robert Clay 5carries 37yrds
    Clay came in after an inury to Turner and played well. Clay has been in this role before and is nothing new to him

RIVALRY GAME

Week 6 W 42-21

Justin Weber 20-32 421yrds 6TD 3int
    This is why we were excited about Weber coming to New Mexico st. He broke the single game record for passing TDs this afternoon. Big things are to come as this kid has a bright future here.

Robert Clay - 17-92
    Clay provided the balance today and consistancy to keep the defense honest.

James Hall - 8rec 212yrds 4TD
    Hall seemed to be open all day and when he caught the ball good things would happen. Weber proved he can be relied on and will be a target from here on out.

Austin Franklin - 4rec 125yrds 1td
    With all the balls going around and Weber getting comfortable Franklin contributed some himself being the 2nd receiver to get 100 in the game

GameBall

Justin Weber/James Hall

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Damn. I would be incredibly tempted to jump on that one. Wow. I might have a real hard time not leaving Memphis after one year (even though I promised myself I would stay the entire 3 year contract before moving on).
    No kidding. High powered offense, nice pipeline, major conference (though it is down to 10 teams).

No kidding. High powered offense, nice pipeline, major conference (though it is down to 10 teams).
    Like I said it was very tempting, but I wanted to hold true to what I started with. And I look like I may get to the 6 win mark this yr. Im feeling really comfortable with Weber. May have to think about renewing just so I can see what I can do with Weber in his career