Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JBHuskers Coaching Carousel Career (Currently Year 1 - Idaho DC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    One more random thought. I totally intend mid-season to institute my custom playbook. I just haven't had the time to sit down for an hour or two to hash one out. I will post what I go with once I finalize it.

Freshman
    very cool....good luck to the Vandals!

I love being able to post the progress of my dynasties for the world to see even if nobody reads them! So glad I stumbled onto this site

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhusky View Post
    very cool....good luck to the Vandals!

I love being able to post the progress of my dynasties for the world to see even if nobody reads them! So glad I stumbled onto this site
    Thanks bro!

Season 1 Game 3 - L 56-14

Key Defensive Stats:

Defensive Player of the Game: SS Quin Ashley (Sr.) - 8 TAK 5 SOLO 3 ATK 2 TFL 1 Sack

As expected, Texas A&M bent me over. It was 7-7 at one point in the first quarter, but then A&M ran off 35 straight points. Anyone going into College Station is going to have trouble, so this game wasn't much of a surprise.

Contract Goals Update
    Contract Year 1 of 2
    Current Job Security: 41%

Last edited by JBHuskers; 07-17-2011 at 03:03 PM.

The drubbing by has now got me off the pace for under 3400 pass yards allowed, which gives me a , thankfully my goal of under 2400 rushing yards allowed is on pace for 1340.

Uh oh JB on the hot seat already. I plan on getting my Coaching Carousel career started hopefully tomorrow night. Hopefully, I wont get fired from

Good luck JB. At least the schedule gets a little easier when you get into conference play, so you still have a chance at that under 3400 pass yards goal.

Season 1 Game 4 - L 34-20

Key Defensive Stats:

Defensive Player of the Game: FS Gary Walker (Jr.) - 9 TAK 7 SOLO 2 ATK 2 TFL

A very ugly start to this game, as Idaho fell down 27-3 in the first half. Idaho's offense sputtered for the first three quarters before pulling within 27-20. The defense once again came out inspired after halftime, shutting Fresno out until the dagger with 1:30 left in the game. Fresno just looked more athletic, and too much for Idaho to start the game, I as the DC just need to get these guys motivated to start the game rather than just come out inspired in the second half.

Contract Goals Update
    Contract Year 1 of 2
    Current Job Security: 41%

Last edited by JBHuskers; 07-17-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Going into my fifth game of the season, part of me wants to stick it out another year or two here at Idaho. As of right now I don't have any plans of leaving, but we'll see what I am offered when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Going into my fifth game of the season, part of me wants to stick it out another year or two here at Idaho. As of right now I don't have any plans of leaving, but we'll see what I am offered when the time comes.
    so your going against your rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    so your going against your rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am? I'm in a 2-year contract, so I only have to honor one year of it according to "my rules".

Good stuff in here! You're a better man than me because their ain't no way I'm naming a Defensive Player of the Game after allowing 56 points. They might as well keep their pads on because practice is in 10 minutes!

Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyReign View Post
    Good stuff in here! You're a better man than me because their ain't no way I'm naming a Defensive Player of the Game after allowing 56 points. They might as well keep their pads on because practice is in 10 minutes!

Love me some Coaching Carousel with guys struggling right out of the gates only controlling 1/3 of the game with these awful teams.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Love me some Coaching Carousel with guys struggling right out of the gates only controlling 1/3 of the game with these awful teams.
    Hah yeah 2-2 with Idaho isn't too bad though considering one game was at College Station. After next week at Virginia I have a nice stretch of four winnable games. A key stretch that could get Idaho back to being bowl eligible (even though it will probably be the Humanitarian Bowl )

With OD's and various other things coming up I'm only four games in, but will try to knock some games out in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I have never had more fun going 0-3 to start a season. In past games, no matter how bad the team, I could do pretty decent just thanks to my stick skills. Now that I have no control over the defense or kicking game (my godforsaken kicker going 0-2 on field goals from 21 yard and 45 yards in the Louisville game ), and with Steelerfan's sliders making it a tough challenge to consistently move the ball on offense each drive, this is some of the most fun I've had with NCAA Football.

Yeah like I noticed way back at the Community Days....games are just flat out more fun and competitive now. My win against Bowling Green here with Idaho week one was an edge of your seat kinda game. Scoring at the end of the 4th to go up.

Now that we have Coaching Carousel....I'm tempted to carry over stats/records/everything from year to year now.....For NCAA Football 13 I could name my coach Jeremy Bennett II

As I recruit for week five, I get my first commitment! C. Anthony, and no it's not Casey. I was going to talk to him for 30 mins, but he instantly committed when I called (after offering him a scholarship earlier in the season).

Last edited by JBHuskers; 07-22-2011 at 05:28 PM.