Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coaching Carousel - NCAA Football 13 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by cbkillian133 View Post
    i agree mostly but if you want to have people start out at a 1star program they should have the option. some people like coaching their favorite team and dont want to wait so they should get an option to start a the bootom or coach their favorite school. people who play should also be able to select their playing style and a list of teams who fit the. example: someone likes running with the quarterback. they would get a list of teams with a scrambler starting qb.
    That's what I said and mentioned in my last paragraph.

That would be a nice little set up, have it as an option, during dynasty set up of course as most people probably wouldn't care for something like that, but have it as an option for us hardcore type of guys who want to have the limitations on us and have to make the tough, or impossible in some situations, choice.

As I mentioned on the last page, I'm pretty confident that the existing mechanic already does exactly what cbkillian133 outlined. It allows you to play how you want to play.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    As I mentioned on the last page, I'm pretty confident that the existing mechanic already does exactly what cbkillian133 outlined. It allows you to play how you want to play.
    Exactly. Now add a second option similar to legacy mode in CH2K8 where the game gives you a list of say 3 or 5 of the worst teams (all 1 star teams) and each only offers you either OC or DC, and then from there on out, you work your way up the chart like a new, young coach would. Have it be either it's own separate mode or a specific option in the dynasty settings that you have to enable when setting up your dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    the game gives you a list of say 3 or 5 of the worst teams (all 1 star teams) and each only offers you either OC or DC, and then from there on out, you work your way up the chart like a new, young coach would.
    Okay, but how is that any different from starting a new dynasty and selecting "1-star" programs and "coordinator" jobs? Besides the fact that the game arbitrarily limits it to the worst of the worst.

The reason it was split, in my opinion, in CH2k was because the two paths were treated completely differently. If you took over as Duke Coach, you didn't level up, you didn't have achievements or goals, and you didn't have a carousel. They were, for all intents and purposes, two different modes.

But it seems like what you're suggesting is a mechanic to limit yourself to choices that you should consciously be able to self-limit anyway. Particularly because, as far as I know, once you take that 1-star coordinator job, you're effectively moving up the ranks like a 1-star coordinator would have to (at least such as it is inside the NCAA universe).
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Just forget it. Obviously I can't get across in words and text the layout and system that I'm seeing in my mind, so it doesn't matter. To hell with it, just move on.

does the coach prestige rating only take into account the current year or is your past record at completing goals also included?

i've completed every goal on my contract in the tgt360 od for the past 3 years as an oc. for the past 2 years i've been a run&shoot team, but i changed my playbook to USC in the offseason hoping to get an offer from them, however they didnt offer.

so i re-signed with SMU, only the contract goals were set up for a pro-style offense, since i couldnt change my playbook back. now i have goals like 2000 yards rushing being , which will never happen for me, and 15+ rushing tds being . additionally, there's this one that i'm really concerned about: 65% completion average every year of contract being .

so if i fail on those 3 rushing goals, is my coach prestige rating gonna take a huge hit, even though i'm like 40 of 40 with completing contract goals so far?
    Last edited by baseballplyrmvp; 04-07-2012 at 12:21 PM.