23 39.66%
  • Dislike it

2 3.45%
Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 is here! Share Your Thoughts & Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Boises field is really shaded in game..cool effect

I would have to do the glitch to see it. I never learned how to do it, so I'm not of much help there.

There's really no point if even posting about it. Most of these glitches have been around for YEARS, so it's obvious EA isn't too concerned about it. Hell, people are still doing a disconnect glitch that was done back in '04 when the game first had online games.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I would have to do the glitch to see it. I never learned how to do it, so I'm not of much help there.

There's really no point if even posting about it. Most of these glitches have been around for YEARS, so it's obvious EA isn't too concerned about it. Hell, people are still doing a disconnect glitch that was done back in '04 when the game first had online games.
    what is the glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    what is the glitch?
    "I never learned how to do it, so I'm not of much help there."

Just spent the last hour in practice mode getting the rocket catch down. I honestly believe it's easier to activate than last year, but not quite effective - but effective enough. Now I just have to wait for another douche bag to start running big formation tosses and off tackles every play. Which reminds me, I need to figure out a way to stop that garbage, too.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I feel bad for saying this, but I'm already getting kind of bored of NCAA '12. I think I need to play more different games instead of just NCAA and a little bit of somethin' different. Guess now is as good a time as any to buy Bastion.

Right now, It just feels like this game is on steroids..on AA against the AI . It just seems your offensive line is useless on pass plays

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    I feel bad for saying this, but I'm already getting kind of bored of NCAA '12. I think I need to play more different games instead of just NCAA and a little bit of somethin' different. Guess now is as good a time as any to buy Bastion.
    I'm sort of in the same boat. Just started my Michigan dynasty and I'm sure that will keep me going as recruiting and building a program is always fun. But this game lacks personality and the presentation is just as bad as last year. I get a few more replay angles which is nice but the only game track I see is the post half time one. Stat overlays are still MIA.

The RBs have no personality. This position has been neutered into a follow the hole and go through it. Don't juke, stiff arm or truck. The cpu RBs all feel the same and I miss my juke move. I want smaller cpu RBs to run shifty and look shifty. I want bigger backs to try to run over people and stiff arm you. But when you play the cpu you would never tell the difference. Player momentum and weight is still too light. My vision for this game clearly does not match the devs and unless some major changes take place at EA I don't think I will ever be completely happy with this game.

It's not that I feel NCAA 12 is a bad game. Overall it's the best game they have released on the PS3 but that doesn't mean it's a great game in my book. The zone defences and cpu scrambling QBs are nice but everything else feels the same and the RB play has taken a turn for the worse imo. The cpu play calling is still really bad. I don't think we are close to seeing a smart cpu. The game lacks personality in the player styles and the lifeless presentation and commentary gives me this apathetic feeling right now. I've only owned the game for over a week and I'm not rushing downstairs to play it at night anymore. I'm sure I'll get quite a few years in my dynasty but this series is stale right now. My buying NCAA 13 on day one is completely open ended right now.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Well, I need to start working different games back into my playing rotation, just because I'll get burned out in short time if I keep playing literally nothing but NCAA like I have since last Tuesday. Despite the issues with the gameplay, I'm still really enjoying this game. Each game I have played (well, maybe each except the UL Lafayette game in my dynasty) has been a blast and whether I was winning 28-14, or losing 58-9, I was enjoying myself.

I just have a habit of playing a game, and nothing but that game, for a couple weeks straight, and then because of have played it so much that I'm burned out, it gets tossed on the shelf for a couple months before I finally eventually pick it up again.

Man, played game #2 last night against Oklahoma State. I had all the momentum as they turned the ball over 4 times. One thing I HATED about the game, they ran hurry up offense the whole game and 6 times snapped the ball BEFORE my defense crossed the LOS and thus I was off sides. That is total BS!

Has anyone noticed any issues with running a hurry up attack vs the CPU? I personally do not do it. But my OD partner says that a couple of times when he ran it the CPU got so confused that NOBODY even ran with the deep routes on pass plays. Has anyone else seen this? is this a glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by keyser soze View Post
    Man, played game #2 last night against Oklahoma State. I had all the momentum as they turned the ball over 4 times. One thing I HATED about the game, they ran hurry up offense the whole game and 6 times snapped the ball BEFORE my defense crossed the LOS and thus I was off sides. That is total BS!
    That happens a alot and it sucks major ass, also the CPU will go into god mode at at times when running the no huddle (really a hurry up) offense all the time.

Just spent the last hour in practice mode getting the rocket catch down. I honestly believe it's easier to activate than last year, but not quite effective - but effective enough. Now I just have to wait for another douche bag to start running big formation tosses and off tackles every play. Which reminds me, I need to figure out a way to stop that garbage, too.
    6-4-1 goalline formation, Pure awesomeness, now if they decide to throw the ball you are screwed! LOL

IOU, we need to get in the lab sir. Last time somebody ran tosses and off tackles on me for big yardage was week one, rockets are easy to do, but you can defend it just as easy. No, 6-4-1 doesn't stop tosses, or off tackles. 4-3, 4-4, and 4-2-5 will do the trick. Honestly, spectacular catch is the much better, non cheese option. As far as the game getting a bit boring, I can agree with that. It's not a bad game, but I think I feel this way because the lockout is almost over, and Madden is getting the makeover NCAA got a year ago. It doesn't feel super new, the gameplay makes it playable, the next patch should make it even better, but lets face it, now that the game plays well, there is no wow factor presentation wise, sound wise, no dynamic weather online, nothing that makes each game super different. I've always said that using the weather channel online is big cause that allows all of the new things with lighting to be truly showcased. I've only played one Fog game because I don't get a challenge of playing the CPU, even if it is improved. Plain and simple, NCAA plays well, now it needs to aesthetically wow me by presentation, commentary, and dynamic online weather. That is what kept me playing 2K11 .
    Last edited by xMrHitStickx904; 07-22-2011 at 10:58 AM.

I can't use 4-4 because every time I add it I get the no play glitch.

Not using a custom play book isn't an option either. I use a ton of 335, 425, and 155. They're pretty much the only 3 defensive sets I use. There's no doubt that part of my problem is using Texas Tech vs top 5 teams, but it's so boring and annoying to play against the same type of retarded offense play after play and game after game.

BIG +1 on the online dynamic weather and online night games. I KNOW this can be fixed easily. It was two or three years ago that there was a problem and they actually turned off online night games without even a patch. Honestly, at this point, it's my most wanted feature. Not everyone is going to understand, but it adds so much the online portion of the game. There's nothing more exhilarating than starting a game against a top ranked player in a night game. It 100% definitely needs to be added back.

Man, this year has been buggier than ever that I can remember. I am still enjoying the game immensely. But man some of these bugs are driving me nuts. Hopefully we can get some patch news sooner than later.

Has anyone actually seen crowd noise affect a game or a kicker get iced? Despite playing in the "5th Toughest Stadium," it seems like there's no affect on my opponents when I play at home.

Speaking of what I said earlier, do any of you CD guys know about the online weather and night games. Like I said, I have to assume it's easy to turn on and off as I remember there being a problem with it in '10 or '09 I believe(whichever version they later patched so you couldn't strafe on offense) and it was turned off without a patch. Do any of you know if there's a particular reason why it isn't turned on and if so, what's the possibility that it does get turned on at same point this year?

Quote Originally Posted by cjg225 View Post
    Has anyone actually seen crowd noise affect a game or a kicker get iced? Despite playing in the "5th Toughest Stadium," it seems like there's no affect on my opponents when I play at home.
    crowd noise needs to be redone...a few years ago they had it awesome...it was loud and crazy...now it's like im watching golf

Speaking of what I said earlier, do any of you CD guys know about the online weather and night games. Like I said, I have to assume it's easy to turn on and off as I remember there being a problem with it in '10 or '09 I believe(whichever version they later patched so you couldn't strafe on offense) and it was turned off without a patch. Do any of you know if there's a particular reason why it isn't turned on and if so, what's the possibility that it does get turned on at same point this year?
    Not sure if it is THAT easy, mainly because nothing is THAT easy. I do not know any information on this though.