23 39.66%
  • Dislike it

2 3.45%
Page 2 of 73 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 is here! Share Your Thoughts & Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by mrh61988 View Post
    My game had just gone final and it was loading to the final menu where you check stats and stuff. That's where I froze.
    well ,if thats online, why be suprised? it always happens the first two weeks when theres a ton of people online and they are trying to work out server problems

Running the option is hard. I don't know if it's just the teams I have been using or that it's just a lot harder. I can't get to the outside and if I do, I get some really bad pitches being made despite no contact on my QB.

Passing is more difficult too. It feels like there are 20 defenders on the field at all times when I drop back. This is probably a symptom of my poor recognition of the defense, etc. Hopefully the game will slow down for me a little and I will get more comfortable with passing.

Play action works. This is a huge positive.

The playbooks I used felt bare. I didn't see a lot of passing concepts that I liked. I'm really looking forward to creating a custom book.

is this all xbox360 ?

I've read about freezing and problems on the 360 version on OS. They said it's better if you install it to your HDD. Have you guys tried that?

Quote Originally Posted by OptionMasta View Post
    Running the option is hard. I don't know if it's just the teams I have been using or that it's just a lot harder. I can't get to the outside and if I do, I get some really bad pitches being made despite no contact on my QB.

Passing is more difficult too. It feels like there are 20 defenders on the field at all times when I drop back. This is probably a symptom of my poor recognition of the defense, etc. Hopefully the game will slow down for me a little and I will get more comfortable with passing.

Play action works. This is a huge positive.

The playbooks I used felt bare. I didn't see a lot of passing concepts that I liked. I'm really looking forward to creating a custom book.
    The option will click for you as well, I was terrible my first game or two, but now I am running it better than I did in '11

how come guys with early copies of the game did not experience any of this????

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
    They have the PS3 version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I have the PS3 and it's frozen on me everytime I've put it in the system. I despise EA...

Still waiting on the UPS man. Anywhere from now..until 5pm.

Absolutely furious right now

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
    Yeah, I'm the same. Thankfully, a new DLC case was released for L.A. Noire today, so I'm about to fire that up and enjoy a brand new case to help pass the time, as well as some good shows on Military Channel through 3pm, so I have absolutely no problem waiting.

I got the game about an hour ago and hopped straight into a random game using Florida against my opponent's Boise St. I really hate playing on the Smurf Turf, FYI. Anyway, couldn't be happier about how smooth the game is online. There is a very slight difference online vs offline, but I adjusted to it quickly. I didn't have any problem with the play calling screen either even though it does have somewhat of a delay.

First play of the game the guy threw a pick against a man blitz I had called and that trend continued. He ended up throwing 4 picks in the first half along with a fumble off a user big hit and was trailing 24-7 at half time. It should have been zero, but I whiffed on a user pick on his second possession and he ended up taking it in for a long TD, so it was 7-7 at one point. He started chewing clock after he threw his fifth pick and was down 31-7.

It wasn't really a close game at all, but he was a fairly sim player. I had no complaints about him. I only had 230 yards of offense on 25 plays, while he had 150 yards on 40+ plays. I just couldn't get into a rhythm offensively. Every time I'd get the ball I would only have a short ways to go to get into the end zone. Anyway, I'm pretty happy after one game. Hopefully it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Bomb View Post
    We didn't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I got the game about an hour ago and hopped straight into a random game using Florida against my opponent's Boise St. I really hate playing on the Smurf Turf, FYI. Anyway, couldn't be happier about how smooth the game is online. There is a very slight difference online vs offline, but I adjusted to it quickly. I didn't have any problem with the play calling screen either even though it does have somewhat of a delay.

First play of the game the guy threw a pick against a man blitz I had called and that trend continued. He ended up throwing 4 picks in the first half along with a fumble off a user big hit and was trailing 24-7 at half time. It should have been zero, but I whiffed on a user pick on his second possession and he ended up taking it in for a long TD, so it was 7-7 at one point. He started chewing clock after he threw his fifth pick and was down 31-7.

It wasn't really a close game at all, but he was a fairly sim player. I had no complaints about him. I only had 230 yards of offense on 25 plays, while he had 150 yards on 40+ plays. I just couldn't get into a rhythm offensively. Every time I'd get the ball I would only have a short ways to go to get into the end zone. Anyway, I'm pretty happy after one game. Hopefully it stays that way.
    You playin on the 360 this year??

Only couple complaints are the Custom Playbook glitch, and the tiny freezes in online games during no huddle and other random online freezes. Alignment problems are gone, so I can use the 4-2-5 effectively. Games are relatively low scoring, which I enjoy. I won a 14-0 game, where I really let my D put this dude in a box. Loved it. Overall, I really do enjoy the game, hasn't crashed on me once since I got it Saturday.

(PS3)

I've run into a couple of issues. Ace Big Fly Sweep seems to be broken. the QB never makes the hand-off to the WR when the WR is coming from the right, if you flip the play, it works.

also, using custom playbook, I keep getting 'ghost' formations. used Texas Tech as the base, remove most the formations, but 4WR Trey, Shotgun Normal, and Wild Panther keeps showing up even though they are not selected as a formation(4 WR Trey shows 0 plays, Shotgun Normal shows 1, Wild Panther seems to show all)

I don't play online, but was connected to EA then I did it without being online and still froze. Freezes everytime. Have nothing on my PS3 but netflix and NCAA. Was fine before NCAA...talking to EA chat now....I'm so mad. I had feeling walking out of the store it would freeze and I'd just have to wait for the patch. Now I had the patch and still didn't work.

just finished the first half NC State vs UNC..... freaking magic...love it so far

Heisman/ 8min Q

Halftime 28-16 NC State leads

NC State
    Rush 12 carries 6 yards
    Pass 6 for 9 87 yards/ 1 TD

UNC
    Rush 19 carries for 119 yards
    10 for 13 101 yards/ 1 TD

Scoring
    1Q
    NCSU 95yd kick off return TD
    UNC 8 yd pass TD
    UNC 21 yd FG

2Q
    NCSU INT 53 yd TD
    NCSU INT 30 yd TD
    UNC 20 yd FG
    NCSU 21yd pass TD
    UNC 48 yd FG

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSnickelfritz View Post
    I don't play online, but was connected to EA then I did it without being online and still froze. Freezes everytime. Have nothing on my PS3 but netflix and NCAA. Was fine before NCAA...talking to EA chat now....I'm so mad. I had feeling walking out of the store it would freeze and I'd just have to wait for the patch. Now I had the patch and still didn't work.
    Honestly, if I were you, I would return to the store and exchange it for a new disc. I'd at least try that before I got all pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Dragon View Post
    Yeah, same here. It'll be around 9pm before I can even play.
    Rather envious seeing people on my friends list last night playing it.