Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gameplay - NCAA Football 13 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    [QUOTE=Unconquered;96169]More trick/gadget plays, such as reverses, double reverses and double reverse passes (Jet Sweeps are not the same as reverses).

I know man! How much longer must this go on! I have been waiting for double reverses for so long!

It should be easier to block punts and field goals, too.

there needs to be something put in to have players dive on a loose ball, instead of trying to pick up and running it back every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Marshall X View Post
    The computer is the only one that can throw that pass . . . .they do it all the time on me on Heisman.
    You can throw the passes based on touch sensitivity and a little bit of left stick in the direction of the receiver. You have to turn off auto passing and mess with it forever to truly get it down.

Too your point though, I agree that this should be much more intuitive while still keeping it difficult to master.

Changing the scale doesn't make sense to me. Why not make each notch on the 100 point scale mean something?!?! And the fastest person doesn't always make it to the ball best. Just look at real life coverage.
    Last edited by blkkrptnt819; 12-19-2011 at 03:19 PM.

two things that should be fixed are the on the double screen when the pass is caught it should have the pass icons and on fumbles rather than having players try to pick up the ball sometimes the players should either dive on the ball or dogpile and when the dogpile happens the game should show the ref unpiling the players to see who recovered the ball

Quote Originally Posted by stanfordfan1 View Post
    two things that should be fixed are the on the double screen when the pass is caught it should have the pass icons
    Is the Double Screen supposed to be a WR pass? I thought the play called "Double Screen" in the game was just a play that had screens being run on both sides of the field.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

i dont know because i always thought it was a wr pass

There is a double screen out of pistol that has a wr and rb screen on opposite sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    There is a double screen out of pistol that has a wr and rb screen on opposite sides.
    i think it is the Pistol cross. Good success from that play in short yard situations. I think there is another double screen in either the Gun or Ace. I know I picked it for my playbook, but never used it.
    The play I havent had consistent success is HB Mid Screen Screen that is in the Gun Spread set(I think). It is like the shovel pass. I havent found a way to pass to the HB effectly. If I dont move and just back up(from the rush) the ball will get batted down. I found little success in moving to the side to dump it off to the RB. I think if I throw on the run or move to the side right before I throw, the ball wont get batted down. This is a play I want to run a few times a game

Quote Originally Posted by AMAZING View Post
    The ability for QBs to throw a pass that is not a loft but neither a bullet. A nice in between, like u see thrown all the time in real life.
    And speaking of lofts, I would like to see them not take 5 seconds to come down.
    I'm not sure they can really do this well without adding a button. We all know that a qb can't get as much on a throw when he's sprinting, so I suggest the sprint button as being the one to accomplish this in between pass with. You don't have to be sprinting, just if it pressed in conjunction with a passing icon it should take something off the throw. That gives us the ability to really have control. If you're sprinting out a want to bullet or lob over the top you'd have to idle down by releasing the sprint button and do it. This also gives the defense a half second to react, and I believe would semi slow down the online cheeser ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    I'm not sure they can really do this well without adding a button.
    I've been able to throw balls with loft (but not a lob) on the current system, it's just not very easy to do with the super LBs and other defensive advantages. If you go into Practice Mode with no defense, you can see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I've been able to throw balls with loft (but not a lob) on the current system, it's just not very easy to do with the super LBs and other defensive advantages. If you go into Practice Mode with no defense, you can see what I mean.
    would tying the awareness of a qb to how much arc he puts on the ball be a viable solution?

a qb with 99 awareness and 99 throw accuracy should be able to make every throw on the field without the ball ever being batted down (assuming you're not playing a human opponent).

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    would tying the awareness of a qb to how much arc he puts on the ball be a viable solution?
    Devil's Advocate: My CB is in perfect position to make a play on the ball, but he can't knock it down because he's going against a 99 AWR 99 THA QB. That's an extreme example, of course, but shows the potential fallacies of absolutes like that.

One thing that would be possible is that there could be some kind of Touch Correction. If your QB is high in AWR/THA, but you try to bullet a ball through traffic, the game puts a little bit of loft onto it. Maybe not enough for it to get through the traffic (because, honestly, there should be SOME kind of learning curve to the game, even if you're playing with Peyton Manning), but better off than you were. Similarly, a ball that shouldn't be lobbed as much as it is it thrown a little deeper than it would be by a lower rated QB.

It's certainly an idea, though I'm not 100% sold on the idea (even though it was my idea!) that my inputs to the controller should be influenced at all by the player's ratings.

Devil's Advocate: My CB is in perfect position to make a play on the ball, but he can't knock it down because he's going against a 99 AWR 99 THA QB. That's an extreme example, of course, but shows the potential fallacies of absolutes like that.
    i was thinking more along the lines of this affecting passes intended towards your open receiver (or about to get open), rather than forcing a throw into blanketed coverage. but yes, i totally agree with what your counter example/point.

i was also trying to incorporate the qb's ball placement ability. the tom bradys, peyton mannings, and aaron rodgers of the game should be able to throw the ball to a place where only their receivers are going to get it, even if it is thrown to a covered receiver.

It's certainly an idea, though I'm not 100% sold on the idea (even though it was my idea!) that my inputs to the controller should be influenced at all by the player's ratings.
    I like this idea actually. It would actually make awareness count for human controlled players which is a good thing imo. It would provide more sim like results and help eliminate some cheese at the position (a WR playing QB would have zero touch - bullet everything). How often do you see a bad QB go up against a good defense and seemingly WRs are never open and the offense stinks? Then you see a great QB play against a good defense and suddenly those WRs are getting open and the offense is productive. There are many examples of WRs that looked great playing with a great QB and when they leave the team they suddenly don't do so well. That's one reason I think a QB is by far the most important position in the NFL. They truly elevate the play (or worsen it) of players around them. Tying awareness into touch and/or the WRs ability to get open would be something I would want. I think we can all think of some QBs that had cannons for arms and no touch (Jim Druckenmiller).

The only thing I'm not sure about is would it make it so that a great QB would stack the deck a little too much?

Think about it this way: We know that if Appalachian State consistently (or ever) beat Michigan in NCAA 08, most (if not all) Michigan gamers would have quit the game, proclaimed that they were getting "EA'd", etc. Yet it happened in real life.

Along the same lines, if you take an average defense and they play lights out versus a bad QB, but can't make a play against a great QB, that would quickly lose fun, especially in leagues like Powerhouse where most of us have "great" QBs. So there has to be some middle ground that still allows a defense to make the plays. Even Drew Brees / Peyton Manning / Tom Brady can have bad games, sometimes even against "bad" defenses.

I think that's better than the alternative which is what we have now - where user QB awareness means absolutely nothing. Why start that senior QB with good smarts and average physical tools when you can start the dumb true freshman with a strong arm? You don't see enough of a difference between the starter and backup when the cpu QB comes in either imo. That led to the term Robo QB being used in the past. If you started tying passing touch and/or route running to QB awareness, even if just a little, it could really add to the personality of the game and do a better job differentiating between average and great players. I want the stars to be utilized better and stand out more. This could help the QB position do just that.

For me, one of the things that I really like about the game is that every qb feels a little different. Some I can put touch with, some I can't. After narrowing it down, I think accuracy and thr pwr combo has more to do with it than awareness, but there should be a more tangible way than the current "somewhere in between". However, with that said, if there were less jumping ability by the LB's and more consistency on the "in between" button mashing, it might be good enough. I can certainly make the in between throw myself, but others can't, and besides I'd like a better penalty for throwing on the run.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post

a qb with 99 awareness and 99 throw accuracy should be able to make every throw on the field without the ball ever being batted down (assuming you're not playing a human opponent).
    I think its tied to it at least a little... I really noticed the difference in a 6 pt difference from Power and 3 in accuracy between last years qb in my OD and this years.

EDIT: I thought you said accuracy. Awr is not involved and definitely SHOULD be in some capacity.
    Last edited by Jayrah; 01-14-2012 at 05:51 PM.