Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gameplay - NCAA Football 13 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Unconquered View Post
    Scrap the meaningless 0-100 rating scale. Instead, set player ratings from 1 to 15 and have each point count. That's how it was back in the day and it was beautiful.
    1-15? How long ago was that?
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    1-15? How long ago was that?
    Eons. Must have been when it was still Bill Walsh College Football on the Genesis. 1995, maybe?

Anyway, you could really feel the player ratings then. You could immediately tell when you were using a DB who had Speed 13 vs. a DB who had Speed 15. I miss that.

Eons. Must have been when it was still Bill Walsh College Football on the Genesis. 1995, maybe?

Anyway, you could really feel the player ratings then. You could immediately tell when you were using a DB who had Speed 13 vs. a DB who had Speed 15. I miss that.
    while this is definitely true, you have to scale up the 0-15 scale to the 0-100 we currently have. so a 2 point difference in the 0-15 scale is like a 13 point difference in the current 0-100. comparing a 13 speed DB to a 15 speed DB is like comparing an 86 speed DB to a 99 speed DB. changing the scale isnt gonna fix the system. the problem lies in that the players are way overrated.

IF they dont add Real-Time Physics, then:

- Completely Redo OL/DL Interaction. Add more Animations for both sides. More Dline Pass Rush Moves.

- QB play. Better Trajectory. QB Throwing Styles. Improved Scramble Logic. Add QB ratings from Madden. Add Scramble Rating

- RB play. Add way more Animations, more Power Back animations. Add logic to use their special moves in space more. Add Running Styles, like 2k5.

- Completely redo WR/CB interaction. Needs more Jostling. When it is a jump ball, it is either the WR catches the ball and the CB doesnt react or CB does a Physic swat. Needs to redo Jump ball situation

OL- Reduce the Sliding. It is not fun. Need to improve OL blocking logic. Reduce the amount of Cut/leg blocks. There are way too many.

DL- Add more DLine moves. Remove the Bull Rush animation where you power OL to the ground. Add Actual Bull Rush and Push.

LB- Take Away Super LB. Notmuch else. Add more Tackle Animations.

DB- Less Physicness. Improve Man Coverage. Add More Interception Animations. Interceptions shouldnt be the same as Receptions. Size should matter.

- Add Individual Coverage.

- Add Defensive Assignments. and Blocking Assignments

- Add a Logic where AI figures out what plays you run and trys to stop it.

-Add a logic where AI keys on Players who are dominating. Like Loading up the box, not because they know Im running. Shading Coverage towards a WR or Backing up in Coverage if you are having sucess deep. Shifting OLine towards one side if I DLineman is wreaking havoc. QBs not throwing to one side if a DB is Locking down a side.

-Add Pass Reaction and Rush Reaction from Maffrn. It would reduce Super LB

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    changing the scale isnt gonna fix the system. the problem lies in that the players are way overrated.
    This isn't the thread for this, but I completely disagree. Smaller is better and more manageable. We've been using the 0-100 scale for at least a decade now, right? Obviously it's not working. It's time for EA to simplify: When something is broken, go back to the beginning.

This isn't the thread for this, but I completely disagree. Smaller is better and more manageable. We've been using the 0-100 scale for at least a decade now, right? Obviously it's not working. It's time for EA to simplify: When something is broken, go back to the beginning.
    Going from a big scale down to a small one fixes nothing. It's like reducing the sliders to between 0 and 10 because you don't like how they work. It only makes it worse. If you want to see players ratings changed that's fine but the scale has nothing to do with the problem imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Going from a big scale down to a small one fixes nothing. It's like reducing the sliders to between 0 and 10 because you don't like how they work. It only makes it worse. If you want to see players ratings changed that's fine but the scale has nothing to do with the problem imo.
    Absolutely true.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

I'll add some things to this list, in no particular order of preference, as all are needed.

1: Shovel Pass

2: Wide O-line spilts {see w/ Mike Leach} This could be an "option" when we create our custom playbooks

3: Fix the damn Bubble Screen. Never, and I repeat NEVER have I seen a Bubble Screen in real life the way it's programmed in the game

4: As already mentioned, do away w/ Super Linebackers and fix ball trajectory

5: As well as bad snaps on punts and FG's, which has been mentioned, it would be nice to have kickers slip occasionally on FG's in rain or snow games

6: Fix the penalties. This years game has the dumbest penalties I have ever seen. Example: Team runs the ball for 5 yards, is called for holding. It should now be 1st and 20... I've seen times when the penalty makes it 1st and 7. They actually gain 3 yards for holding. Ridiculous!!!

7: CPU Punters kick the ball into the end zone 99% of the time, never even trying to angle it to the sideline. Fix this!!!

8: WR Middle Screens... we've dealt w/ psychic DB's, now there are times when we have psychic DE's who know a Mid Screen is coming and they blow it up.

9: Get better Mo-Captures of QB's throwing the ball. The way they look now is... ludicrous.

10: WR's that actually fight for balls and try to break up interceptions.

I'll stop for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
    I'll add some things to this list, in no particular order of preference, as all are needed.

1: Shovel Pass

2: Wide O-line spilts {see w/ Mike Leach} This could be an "option" when we create our custom playbooks

3: Fix the damn Bubble Screen. Never, and I repeat NEVER have I seen a Bubble Screen in real life the way it's programmed in the game

4: As already mentioned, do away w/ Super Linebackers and fix ball trajectory

5: As well as bad snaps on punts and FG's, which has been mentioned, it would be nice to have kickers slip occasionally on FG's in rain or snow games

6: Fix the penalties. This years game has the dumbest penalties I have ever seen. Example: Team runs the ball for 5 yards, is called for holding. It should now be 1st and 20... I've seen times when the penalty makes it 1st and 7. They actually gain 3 yards for holding. Ridiculous!!!

7: CPU Punters kick the ball into the end zone 99% of the time, never even trying to angle it to the sideline. Fix this!!!

8: WR Middle Screens... we've dealt w/ psychic DB's, now there are times when we have psychic DE's who know a Mid Screen is coming and they blow it up.

9: Get better Mo-Captures of QB's throwing the ball. The way they look now is... ludicrous.

10: WR's that actually fight for balls and try to break up interceptions.

I'll stop for now...
    The way holding penalties are handled in the game is correct.

Line Splits NEED to be in the game considering how many teams use different splits.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Comparing sliders and ratings is apples and oranges. But like I said, we should tussle somewhere else, because this isn't the thread for this

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The way holding penalties are handled in the game is correct.
    Not trying to fight w/ you Steelerfan, as I appreciate and respect you too much, but I've seen countless times where the holding penalty does not match the play on the field. There's been so many that it's difficult to provide an example, but one I've seen a lot besides what I mentioned above, is a pass play that gains 20 yards. Holding is called on the LG, and instead of 1st and 20... because the LG is behind the LOS... it's 1st and 8 or 1st and 7 or 1st and 12. As you watch college football this season, count how many times on passing plays that holding isn't a 10 yard penalty. I guarantee you it will be less than 1%.

Yeah, it's really rare to see a holding penalty result in less than 10 yards. That's normally reserved for bigger runs with a block that is clearly downfield, often by a WR that held. Holding calls in the box are always a full 10 yard penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
    Not trying to fight w/ you Steelerfan, as I appreciate and respect you too much, but I've seen countless times where the holding penalty does not match the play on the field. There's been so many that it's difficult to provide an example, but one I've seen a lot besides what I mentioned above, is a pass play that gains 20 yards. Holding is called on the LG, and instead of 1st and 20... because the LG is behind the LOS... it's 1st and 8 or 1st and 7 or 1st and 12. As you watch college football this season, count how many times on passing plays that holding isn't a 10 yard penalty. I guarantee you it will be less than 1%.
    I know you're not picking a fight, brother. I just haven't seen what you're seeing. I also haven't seen anyone else say they've seen it.

That's not to say you're wrong, I just can't verify that you're right. I haven't played the game in a week or so. When I get back on it, I will be watching this like a hawk for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

More realistic injuries. I was playing one time and my qb was in like a helmet to helmet collision and he got right back up. Next play, the same thing happened, and he was taken out of the game with a sprained ankle

bring back defensive matchups, with the ability to set the defensive coverage for your players- off or press. (ie: i have 2 corners. one with a 92 press rating, and the other with a 53. i want the 92 press corner to press his receiver everytime, and the 53 press corner to play off everytime.)

ability to set formation subs for certain formation packages. also, and maybe this could be just another package, but an option similar to mass subs but for 3rd downs- which would be most useful for defense

Of course we need to have a chance to block punts. And in the event of a special teams overhaul I would like to see an option for 1 or 2 step punting. 1 step would be the "quick kick" option for special situations (and would reduce punt power significantly (anywhere from 10-15 yards off the punt). However it could more rarely be blocked.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

...also can we have pooch punt

Quote Originally Posted by OSUCowboyofMD View Post
    ...also can we have pooch punt
    And a rugby style punt.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk