Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: (Online) Dynasty, DynastyWire, & StoryBuilder - NCAA Football 13 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohica1010 View Post
    Also, the ability to be able to save your profile after you receive any awards to ensure they are actually there instead of just autosave. I won coach of the year, checked my awards and it was there, but the next time i logged in to show it off, it was gone.
    Even with Auto Save on (which means this shouldn't ever be a problem), you should be able to manually save your profile inside the game. I don't think you can do it from within Online Dynasty (which is one thing that should be added), but you should able to manually save your profile from the main menu.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

The recruiting needs to be a little more balanced & there should be an east-west shrine game or the under armour game where you can play the games with the top recruits.

A couple other things:

They should have the "NCAA game records" in online dynasty like they do in the solo dynasty. If you break a 93 yard run for the NCAA record, there isn't any where you see it like in solo dynasty.

They should have a coaches card for plays where you can have your own name to a row and then pick the plays that apply for you next to it. A left to right grid. Similar to what the pros use now. Since they have "by formation" and "by play type" the could have "Coaches Card" Then you could put the plays you use on it regularly. 3rd and less than 4, and then list the plays I like to run next to it with the pics. It would be a good middle ground for people that only want 30 plays in their playbook, they could just put those on the card. I can create a screenshot if it makes it easier to understand.

More complete stats on the online dynasty page. Or at least be able to download instead of the just the individual leaders, be able to pull and save the team data too.

I would like to see something like they did with Madden (this might be a few years back when Farve was on the cover since I never play it anymore) where they did a hall of fame for you. Where you could see you records like your longest run, FG and etc. Also have it break it down by level. a 97 yard run on Heisman is more impressive than on Varsity and it would be nice to see the difference. Also be able to compare it to your friends.

I would like to see the walk-on process at the very end so that when a good school cuts a good player, you pick them up. Wisconsin's 4th back may get cut as a 85, but if he were to walk-on at Eastern Michigan he would be the starter.

I would like to see through the season what schools are interested in you for positions. If you choose to talk to them it builds their desire for you, however if you are in year 1 or 2 of a 3 year contract, it will take away from your prestige. I would also like to see more than two jobs on the Carousel. If you just won the National Championship, there will be a lot of schools wanting you from where you should have your pick.
    Last edited by Bohica1010; 01-09-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Even with Auto Save on (which means this shouldn't ever be a problem), you should be able to manually save your profile inside the game. I don't think you can do it from within Online Dynasty (which is one thing that should be added), but you should able to manually save your profile from the main menu.
    I know it shouldn't have been a problem, but I lost my player awards for a whole season and my coach of the year (which is the one I really cared about).

That was actually the problem, I exited out of the league as you normally would, and when I went to my profile they were gone. I hadn't even turned of my PS3.

While in my online dynasty, I had already gone in to my Trophy Room under My NCAA and viewed in under the Award tab. On that screen there is no option to save. None of the options under My NCAA or Commish Tools give you an option to save, it is all auto-saved by the computer. That was when I was when I tried to exit the league to the Main Screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukie98 View Post
    I've noticed a weird bug in the online game stories. For the first season of my OD, it ran fine. In the second season, however, for each game, it randomly replaces a few words with a string of asterisks-- even if I go back and try to correct it, the asterisks remain. Here's an example:

On a snowy Saturday in Philadelphia, the #12 Western Michigan Broncos relied on a strong ground game to defeat ******************** teams were 4-0 in MAC play headed into the game

I've had it happen to names, numbers, verbs, etc. -- usually a couple times per story. Has anyone else seen this?

I still see this all the time. I am not sure if it is taking out words it thinks are inappropriate or one thing I found was the length maybe of what I was typing. I know I tried to use the word killed, as in, "SMU got killed by Wisconsin" and killed was just ******

how bout a weekly recruiting show from erin andrews, highlighting like the top ranked recruits who commit during the season? they could use almost the exact same lines from rtg. it'd be a nice little thing that would let you know what else is going on in your dynasty.

I would like to see the Commish have the option to "sim for a loss". For those OD's that don't allow game restarts, instead of just the option to "sim" where they could still win, make sure that they lose.

Be able to watch other player vs player games on the OD like you would a game on TV.

I would like to see the Commish have the option to "sim for a loss". For those OD's that don't allow game restarts, instead of just the option to "sim" where they could still win, make sure that they lose.
    It'd be nice to have it either way, either sim a sure-win or a sure-loss. As it stands right now, the commish has no control over the sim result.

I would like to see after the "Players Leaving" week in the off season that it show a NFL draft to see where your players went in the draft. I know you can import them in to Madden, however since I don't enjoying playing Madden, I would still like to see where they went. Since the year to year in the NFL would be random anyway, the system picking the order and whatever for the draft would just be fun.

I would like to see after the "Players Leaving" week in the off season that it show a NFL draft to see where your players went in the draft.
    I feel like they had that back on the Playstation. Probably was removed when they added the ability to import players into Madden.

Dynasty Points

This one is for online and offline dynasty:
    I'm a person that loves to play dynasty but take a one star school and build them up to become a power house. Only issue I'm having with building them up is nothing changes when you get your school to become a six star school. I want to see "Dynasty Points"! What if each thing you did during your season made you gain dynasty points i.e. Pass yards in a season, pass TDs in a season, same with running, receiving, defensive tackles, sacks, ints, things like that but also you gain them when your team has win streaks, bowl bids, rivalry wins, players that make the list for awards, All Americans, etc. You get dynasty points to put towards your school growth. Put those points towards things that help with recruiting like Academic Prestige, Campus Lifestyle, Athletic Facilities, etc. Then instead of just seeing how well your team developed in the off-season even though you have no idea what they did to improve or where they're going to improve, make it to where you pick specifically what they train on each off-season (Man Cov, Zone Cov, Tackle, etc.) for each type of player (QB, RB, WR, TE, LB, CD, etc.), but not individual player. The way to determine how great stat gain your players get should be based upon how good your coaches are for that position. You don't ever see just one coach on the sideline or in practices. You see DB coaches, OL coaches, WR coaches, etc making up the coaching staff and each coach focuses on their type of players. Make the coaches have abilities such as skill improvement in specific areas (jumping, catching, acceleration, man coverage).

Summary:
    Give us more coaches that actually do something for our team
    "Dynasty Points" to make your school better in various areas
    Give us the opportunity to make our players improve in specific skills

As a Commish of an OD give us the option to see other schools transfer requests. It makes it easier to advance past that week if you can see no one wants to transfer to the other human controlled teams.

Also, would like to see user history on the website.
    Last edited by Bohica1010; 01-23-2012 at 01:02 PM.

I still see this all the time. I am not sure if it is taking out words it thinks are inappropriate or one thing I found was the length maybe of what I was typing. I know I tried to use the word killed, as in, "SMU got killed by Wisconsin" and killed was just ******
    StoryBuilder censors some weird words. The other day it censored "Championship." There were a couple others that also got ******, but that was the most startling one. I can't figure out what letter combo in there would set it off.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    StoryBuilder censors some weird words. The other day it censored "Championship." There were a couple others that also got ******, but that was the most startling one. I can't figure out what letter combo in there would set it off.
    I've seen a couple that were completely bizarre. Typed "took a 14-0 lead" and it read "took *****4-0 lead"

Ok this is kinda big for me actually. A couple connected requests from EA asap in OD.
    1: I don't know what happens from the first to ninth year of a dynasty that 4-8 and 5-7 teams make Bowls, but there's gotta be an absolute "no 6 wins = no bowls" code somewhere that must be implimented for the DURATION OF ALL DYNASTIES.

2: I would like the "Bowl status" to update which bowls they think you're going to based not only on current standings, but rediction of win/loss throughout the regular season. If the cpu has you losing a conference championship it should reflect that in the prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    1: I don't know what happens from the first to ninth year of a dynasty that 4-8 and 5-7 teams make Bowls, but there's gotta be an absolute "no 6 wins = no bowls" code somewhere that must be implimented for the DURATION OF ALL DYNASTIES.
    In past years, you only saw this happen when there weren't enough 6-6 teams to qualify for all the bowls. Strange that it's gotten worse.

If the cpu has you losing a conference championship it should reflect that in the prediction.
    I'm 99% sure that there's actually no predicting going on, and it solely uses current standings. So "if the season ended today".

Ok this is kinda big for me actually. A couple connected requests from EA asap in OD.

2: I would like the "Bowl status" to update which bowls they think you're going to based not only on current standings, but rediction of win/loss throughout the regular season. If the cpu has you losing a conference championship it should reflect that in the prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    In past years, you only saw this happen when there weren't enough 6-6 teams to qualify for all the bowls. Strange that it's gotten worse.

I'm 99% sure that there's actually no predicting going on, and it solely uses current standings. So "if the season ended today".
    In my most recent season in my FIU dynasty, I had a 5-7 Florida team get into a bowl game over a 7-5 Idaho, 7-5 San Jose State and 6-6 Hawaii.

I'd like for there to be an option of "in-depth recruiting." I say option because some people think there's too much already. So, this is how I'd break the recruiting modes down...

A) - The CPU recruits for you like old school College Football USA 96. At the end of the season, the CPU randomly selects commits based on how your team performed and their prestige in the given year.

B) - The standard user-controlled 5 week post-season recruiting only, which was introduced in NCAA Football 98 (I believe).

C) - The existing setup: In-season recruiting + 5 week post-season recruiting.

D) - In-season recruiting + 5 week post-season recruiting + off-season recruiting.

In real life, there are 4 types of recruiting periods set by the NCAA: Quiet, Evaluation, Contact, and Dead periods. For the purposes of this post, I'll only be using the Quiet and Evaluation periods as it pertains to off-season recruiting.

Quiet Period = Coaches are allowed to call recruits (and offer scholarships). Recruits can visit coaches, but can only do so at the coaches' respective colleges (i.e. unofficial visit).

Evaluation Period = Assistant Coaches are permitted to visit recruits off-campus (as well as make calls and scholarship offers).

The real off-season recruiting calendar set by the NCAA is as follows...

1st week of February (the day after Signing Day) - April 14th = Quiet Period
    April 15th - May 31st = Evaluation Period
    June 1st - July 31st = Quiet Period

Here's what I'm suggesting with the "D" mode (off-season) recruiting...

Off-season Tasks

1st week of February
    - Signing Day
    - Next season's Top 100 Recruits 'Watch' List released
    - Recruiting: Notification of any prospects that will attend your school's Junior Day Event
    - Recruiting: Select Prospects for Recruit Board
    (Advance to next period)

February (day after NSD) - April 14th (Quiet Period)
    - Spring Position Changes (including early enrollees)
    - Spring Depth Chart (Divvy up reps to each position group by percentage points totaling 100%)
    - Recruiting: Notification of any prospects that will attend your school's Spring Game
    - Recruiting: Calls / Scholarship Offers permitted
    - Spring Game (option to play or sim)
    (Advance to next period)

April 15th - May 31st (Evaluation Period)
    - Training Results (including early enrollees)
    - Recruiting: Notification of any prospects that will attend your school's Summer Football Camp
    - Recruiting: Calls / Scholarship Offers; Off-Campus Coach Visits permitted (this period only)
    (Advance to next period)

June 1st - July 31st (Quiet Period)
    - Official Top 100 Recruits List released
    - Recruiting: Calls / Scholarship Offers
    - Summer Position Changes (including non-early enrollees who have now arrived on campus as well as walk-ons)
    (Advance to next period)

August (Pre-season Tasks)
    - Pre-season Depth Chart
    - Redshirts
    - Cut Players
    - Schedule Changes
    - Recruiting: Calls / Scholarship Offers; Official Visits now permitted (beginning of Contact Period)
    - Begin Season
    (Advance to regular season)

NOTES:

Junior Day, Spring Game, and Summer Camps are all unofficial visits i.e. prospects randomly attend based on interest level and/or location. The spring game DOES NOT determine off-season training. Practice does. And practice is simulated by setting the rep percentage of your players in spring depth chart.

Spring depth chart is essentially spring practice. Each specific position group in your offense/defense scheme (based on playbooks) has a cumulative total of 100% reps. Example of a pro-form offense's position groups: QB, RB, FB, TE, SE, FL, LT, LG, C, RG, RT. Each one of those groups totals to 100% reps.

Then, you divvy up that 100% within each position group. Say you have 3 QBs. You give your starter 50% reps, back-up 30%, and 3rd string 20%.
    1 - QB = 50%
    2 - QB = 30%
    3 - QB = 20%

And you do this for each position...
    1 - RB = 40%
    2 - RB = 30%
    3 - RB = 20%
    4 - RB = 10%

The amount of reps, coupled with a player's potential (which is hidden), will determine the offseason training results. It's also a risk/reward scenario. You could give one player all 100% of the reps at his position, leaving the others with 0%, where your reward is maximum progression for that player depending on his potential rating, however you risk injury. Conversely, if a player gets a small percentage of reps, you risk that player transferring or minimal to no training results. This would also play a huge role for CPU A.I. when they oversign too many players at one position, like having 5 QBs on a roster. The 4th and/or 5th string QBs would be getting screwed in the rep department and may transfer.

The game should have a default percentage already set up, then you could manipulate it from there.

This would give you some control over the development of your players. But just as coaching in real life, there are risk/rewards to these decisions. Hidden potential ratings, though, are the key in keeping offseason progression from being cheesed.

The current off-season tasks as of NCAA 2012 features 5 advancements (Signing Day / Position Changes / Training Results / Cut Players / Pre-season Tasks). The example I have given of an in-depth off-season recruiting also has 5 advancements. However, there are now 4 additional recruiting opportunities, a Spring Game, and 2 opportunities for Position Changes (Spring and Summer).
    Last edited by TIMB0B; 05-28-2012 at 08:49 PM.

I think the aggressive/conservative "gameplan adjustments" needs an overhaul. This is a long write up, but I just want to make sure I explain it thoroughly. It's not an overwhelming whole-scale change, but a reworking of gameplan.

First, almost all of the adjustments currently aren't applicable to a gameplan. These adjustments (Big Run, Hold Block, Jump Snap, Strip Ball, Swat/INT, etc.) should strictly fall under a player's specific attributes such as awareness, skill, and discipline (a Discipline attribute should be created regarding a player's penalty propensity - based on their GPA); but there are some of these adjustments that do pertain to coaching philosophy: Zone depth, Option defense (more on this in a moment).

The existing gameplan adjustments don't have to be scrapped in a sense, but merely embedded into the player's attributes giving them more unique identities of whether they're a playmaker or simply a role player - actually bringing the player tendencies to fruition. For example, why should a run stopping tendency DL-man have the same Jump Snap advantage as a pass rushing tendency DL-man? And what does jumping a snap have to do with a gameplan? Coaches ideally would like their DL-men to get off the ball quickly all the time.

And for coaches specifically, playcall aggressiveness should determine the zone depths and option defense (noted above) from the current gameplan adjustments. This is such an important slider because it would give coaches a unique identity as well. Zone blocking, man-to-man blocking, or a balance of both; this could go a long way with offensive playcall aggressiveness. For example, if your coach is aggressive, he'd run a zone blocking scheme. Man-to-man would be conservative. Balanced would include both.

Okay, let's move on to my "gameplan" suggestion...

To make gameplan more authentic, think about what a gameplan is. A gameplan involves at least 2 factors: Your scheme vs your opponent's scheme. So, an ideal way to overhaul gameplan is to base it off of those 2 factors and go from there.

Not much needs to be added to do this. Here's why...

The game currently already has a pseudo gameplan option in the "coach philosophy" menu with the playbook selections, run/pass ratio slider, aggressive playcall slider, and the substitution slider. However, this is for when simulating your games, and does not affect your playcall menu in-game when you actually play.

So, this is what I suggest...

Step 1: Load your game to the "controller select" menu. At this point, your specific offensive & defensive playbooks lock in place as well as your "Aggressive Playcall" slider setting, so if you want to change these you need to back out and do it under coach philosophy.

Step 2: Scout opponent. Like the current "uniform option" at the bottom of the screen, a "scout opponent" option is available where you toggle and see your opponent's playbooks and their run/pass slider settings compared to yours.

Step 3: Create a gameplan. Under the scout opponent option, you can adjust your run/pass sliders for both offense and defense to counter your opponent's. Keep in mind, they may be adjusting theirs to yours.

Step 4: Start game.

Now, here's what your adjustment does. Once you're in-game at the playcall screen, there are three options: "Ask Coach," "By Formation," and "Play Type," Your "gameplan" will be toggled under the "Ask Coach" option. Your pre-game slider adjustments will have sorted/eliminated plays from your playbook and consolidated it into the "Ask Coach" option. However, it doesn't stop there. Your playbook is condensed even further by your "Aggressive Playcall" slider setting. Again, the aggressive playcall slider is unique because it gives your head coach and coordinators a coaching style identity. This slider setting, for a D-coordinator, would determine the aggressive/balanced/conservative zone depth from the existing "gameplan adjustments" the game has.

An example: you're playing an Air Raid offense, so you adjust your sliders to a heavy pass defense ratio. Your base defense may be a 4-3, but your gameplan would remove any formations that don't have at least 5 defensive backs. So all 4-3 formations, 5-2, 4-4, etc. would be removed. Then, with your playcall aggressiveness slider setting (say it's set to very conservative), it would remove all plays with blitzes as well, condensing your playbook to a specific gameplan. With this example, it's a very conservative pass defense gameplan.

On top of all this, coach prestige could be factored in. When you select the "ask coach" option (i.e. your gameplan), if your coordinator is an A+, he would suggest a play that would most effectively work given the situation (1st down, 2nd down, 3rd and long, 3rd and short, etc.). Conversely, if he's a D, he will suggest a poor play given the situation. How the play works, though, ultimately depends on the user (at least offensively).

Even with all this, you could still abandoned your gameplan by simply selecting plays from the "By Formation" or "Play Type" options.

Side note: "No-Huddle" should be added to coach philosophy. There needs to be an actual option to toggle whether you're a huddle/no-huddle offensive team. And in the game, if you're a no-huddle team, you shouldn't have to ever hit the no-huddle button, it automatically goes no-huddle. And if you change formations, it should make the applicable adjustments. A WR shouldn't line up at TE. (Substitutions are still allowed. If you notice in a real game, the ref will stand over the ball. That's because if the offense makes a substitution, the defense is allowed to as well, therefore they stop play until the defense makes their substitutions. Other than that, the offense can snap it as quick as possible if they don't make substitutions. I'd like to see an illegal sub penalty.)
    Last edited by TIMB0B; 05-28-2012 at 03:46 AM.