Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bugs & Glitches - NCAA Football 12 Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    Actually, I was directing that towards CDJ. You may be right, I'm not sure. I'll look over my videos and will try to pinpoint the culprit.

Basmare
    Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyReign View Post
    Actually, I was directing that towards CDJ. You may be right, I'm not sure. I'll look over my videos and will try to pinpoint the culprit.
    I'm sorry for the misunderstanding - I'm just that shortsighted huh . Thx for looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    play action waggle passes have a broken animation, where after the handoff, the qb doesnt turn for his backside rollout.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/83428734
    i tried a different waggle pass in one game today, and instead of having the rollout go to the left, i found one that had it going to the right and the animation was correct. tried another waggle that went left and the same stuck animation happened like in the vid.

i tried a different waggle pass in one game today, and instead of having the rollout go to the left, i found one that had it going to the right and the animation was correct. tried another waggle that went left and the same stuck animation happened like in the vid.
    Do you have the exact formation and play name for that (or any other plays like it)?

Several things I've noticed:

On the online dynasty website, when you click on "game details" for your game, most of the time the first two tabs are correct, but the "player stats" tab lists players from a different game within the OD. For example -- I played Western Michigan against Central Michigan, but the players stats are from Tulane-UAB, even though the linescore at the top of the page is correct. Also, on the "team stats" tab, the rushing totals are not indicated.

So far, no pancakes have been recorded in any of my OD games, either for my team or the opponent (playing on All-American). As best as I can tell, from seeing other boxscores in the dynasty, I haven't seen any pancakes registered in anyone's games.

The Defensive Player of the Week awards seem to be off -- for example, in a week when one of my corners returned an INT for a touchdown, the conference player of the week only had 4 assisted tackles, but wasn't listed as having any sacks/ fumbles/ interceptions. I've seen several occasions already where someone gets defensive POTW with 2 or 3 tackles, but nothing more. From the few weeks I've seen, it doesn't appear that anyone is credited with an INT for the player of the week listing -- either it's not taking it into account at all in making the selection, or simply not displaying the relevant stats.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Do you have the exact formation and play name for that (or any other plays like it)?
    ace y trips pa ctr waggle..... video'd play is flipped. slot receiver H.R. to out route instead of corner route. without any changes, the stuck animation still happens, where the slot receiver runs a corner.

qb gets stuck in his rollout animation going to the left, however, rolling out to his right works just fine.

edit** there's also a pa waggle play in ace twin te....add that to the list of formations (cant remember the play name though). again, it only happens when the rollout is to the left for me.
    Last edited by baseballplyrmvp; 07-27-2011 at 10:29 PM.

@cdj

I haven't seen any reason/differences in why/how its counting these 'extra' and failed redzone trips. I will note that in my last game it happened on the opening drive with only my team having the ball up until that point. Not sure whats causing it because I thought it may have been counting the CPU's trips into my own but that doesn't fit what I'm seeing.

So far, no reason to base this off of... it just happens :shrugs:

Not sure if this is a bug or if they deliberately took it out this year. If I'm running a speed option out of the Ace Big set, I can't quick flip the play at the line of scrimmage with the R stick.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    That is, at least, the 5th post you're made about UF's shoe color. We ALL get it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    BLAM, ORANGE. To answer your meanlingless post downing my first post in this thread regarding UFs cleats.

On a serious note, it looks like the dreaded RTG glitch that messes up your schedule and causes you to watch the Eastern Michigan vs Ball State game has something to do with Boston College. At least if you are playing as Virginia Tech. Because it has happened again in the same RTG for me, and both teams it involves a fictional game against Boston College.

My sophomore year I was 5-0 with a game against Clemson coming up. The advance week screen showed my next game was at Boston College. So I advanced the week and it still showed me @ Boston College while my schedule said @ Clemson. I tried to play the game and it loaded up Eastern Michigan vs Ball State. It would sim through the game since my player was involved and freeze at the end.

Work around was to skip the week, which I beat Clemson in a sim game. Then the actual Boston College game 2 weeks later was missing and my advancement schedule was showing that I had a bye. So I actually played Boston College in a simmed game while the RTG menu showed me as having a bye. I lost two games playing because of that glitch.

Thats old, now to the new issue. Junior season went through fine. Senior season comes up, and week 5 im supposed to play Northern Illinois. Well my advancement schedule says that Im playing Boston College that week. Boston College isnt even on my schedule for the season, so if I decide to progress I dont know what will actually happen when I get to that point in the season. It looks like I will only lose 1 game this time as all the other games show up on my schedule and are in line with the advancement menu.

So it has some kind of weird glitch with Virginia Tech playing Boston College.

Once I get to that point in the season, I will update what actually happens. Im curious to see if it loads up another Eastern Michigan vs Ball State game.
    Last edited by GatorBait06NC; 07-26-2011 at 10:33 AM.

I think the cleats issue can be put to rest... I highly doubt EA will bother with correcting that. I'm honestly not sure they even can in a simple manner. Needless to say though, it's been mentioned enough, time to move on regarding that subject.

As for your Road to Glory issue, I've passed along the details you've posted to the dev that works on RTG as well as other devs so that hopefully they can determine what's happening. Anymore details you come across, let us know and we'll forward them along as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC View Post
    On a serious note, it looks like the dreaded RTG glitch that messes up your schedule and causes you to watch the Eastern Michigan vs Ball State game has something to do with Boston College. At least if you are playing as Virginia Tech. Because it has happened again in the same RTG for me, and both teams it involves a fictional game against Boston College.
    Have seen some weird stuff in dynasty mode with the Virginia Tech and Boston College game as well. So I think it has something to do with scheduling in general and isn't relegated to RTG.

I usually go through and sim the top 25 games after I play my game in dynasty mode. One week (sorry I didn't make note of which one) there was a Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game on the schedule. After I sim it, it gives me a game recap for Eastern Michigan vs. Ball State, but the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College matchup remains on the schedule. Also noticed that Virginia Tech had a second game scheduled that week. Advancing the week got me past the glitched game, but I am not sure what would have happened if you were Virginia Tech or Boston College.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC View Post

My sophomore year I was 5-0 with a game against Clemson coming up. The advance week screen showed my next game was at Boston College. So I advanced the week and it still showed me @ Boston College while my schedule said @ Clemson. I tried to play the game and it loaded up Eastern Michigan vs Ball State. It would sim through the game since my player was involved and freeze at the end.

Work around was to skip the week, which I beat Clemson in a sim game. Then the actual Boston College game 2 weeks later was missing and my advancement schedule was showing that I had a bye. So I actually played Boston College in a simmed game while the RTG menu showed me as having a bye. I lost two games playing because of that glitch.

Thats old, now to the new issue. Junior season went through fine. Senior season comes up, and week 5 im supposed to play Northern Illinois. Well my advancement schedule says that Im playing Boston College that week. Boston College isnt even on my schedule for the season, so if I decide to progress I dont know what will actually happen when I get to that point in the season. It looks like I will only lose 1 game this time as all the other games show up on my schedule and are in line with the advancement menu.

So it has some kind of weird glitch with Virginia Tech playing Boston College.

Once I get to that point in the season, I will update what actually happens. Im curious to see if it loads up another Eastern Michigan vs Ball State game.
    Quote Originally Posted by roccogator View Post
    Have seen some weird stuff in dynasty mode with the Virginia Tech and Boston College game as well. So I think it has something to do with scheduling in general and isn't relegated to RTG.

I usually go through and sim the top 25 games after I play my game in dynasty mode. One week (sorry I didn't make note of which one) there was a Virginia Tech vs. Boston College game on the schedule. After I sim it, it gives me a game recap for Eastern Michigan vs. Ball State, but the Virginia Tech vs. Boston College matchup remains on the schedule. Also noticed that Virginia Tech had a second game scheduled that week. Advancing the week got me past the glitched game, but I am not sure what would have happened if you were Virginia Tech or Boston College.

Common theme in both of you guy's observations is that they both involved Boston College. Maybe its a 'team' thing? Every time I read details about this complaint it seems to involve Boston College.

To any admin for the 'Extra Red Zone' trips issue I have come up with a theory of what may cause it. First, it only happens when you are the OC of a school. Next, I've noticed (in two games so far) that the 'extra trips' are recorded if you start a drive on YOUR 20 yard line or worse and don't score. Now what I'm not paying attention to is what happens prior to the recordings for example after a punt or kickoff. I also didn't pay attention to if it only happens during certain parts of the game. I'm still searching, hopefully I'll find something solid and it can be patched.
    Last edited by JerzeyReign; 07-26-2011 at 11:46 AM.

Common theme in both of you guy's observations is that they both involved Boston College. Maybe its a 'team' thing? Every time I read details about this complaint it seems to involve Boston College.

To any admin for the 'Extra Red Zone' trips issue I have come up with a theory of what may cause it. First, it only happens when you are the OC of a school. Next, I've noticed (in two games so far) that the 'extra trips' are recorded if you start a drive on YOUR 20 yard line or worse and don't score. Now what I'm not paying attention to is what happens prior to the recordings for example after a punt or kickoff. I also didn't pay attention to if it only happens during certain parts of the game. I'm still searching, hopefully I'll find something solid and it can be patched.
    Should be noted that its only when playing @ Boston College. Ive played Boston College at home twice with no problem. So this issue is affecting dynasty as well??? Theres another guy that posted a similiar issue about seeing an Eastern Michigan/Ball State game and I dont think he was VA Tech, he couldve been playing against Boston College though.

Year 2 is when I got the glitch the first time. So when you said that VA Tech had two games that week, you think the Eastern MI vs Ball State game might be disguised as VA Tech vs Boston College??? The week that his happens, VA Tech is supposed to play Clemson, so thats prob their 2nd game. Im wondering what will happen this next time.

Can you not declare to leave after your Junior season in RTG???

This also affects Virginia Tech in dynasty the same way. Me and buckeye tested it in both modes, heres a copy of his post at OS.

Whats the bug?
    My bug is the same as the two above and I was one of the first to note this bug and have done some more testing with it.

It looks like this is affecting the ACC, Boston College, Virginia Tech and anyone playing against those teams. It is happening in both ROAD TO GLORY and DYNASTY.

In my RTG, sophomore season, Im Virginia Tech. I was supposed to play Clemson, but the advance menu and game menu shows me playing Boston College. So after thinking it was a glitch in the screens, I entered the game. When it started loading, it was showing Eastern Michigan at Ball State!! I went into the game and it simmed as my RTG player wasnt involved in the game. It froze once the simming was over. The work around is to skip the game, and the sim results will show your score with Clemson on your schedule.

A few weeks later, Im really supposed to play Boston College but the menus show me as having a bye. So theres nothing I can do but sim the week and later see my results against BC. Both box scores show different teams. Now im into my Senior season in RTG at Tech, and it has Boston College showing in the advancement menu the week that Im supposed to play Northern Illinois, so im positive once I reach that point something is going to happen.

In Dynasty mode, this glitch is happening as well. The second season Virginia Tech is actually supposed to play NC state, but the menus show?? Yep, Boston college. I tried to enter the game and the loading menus show VA Tech and BC, but it freezes while loading the game.

So the issue has something to do with Virginia Tech playing Boston College, or teams that VA Tech is supposed to play are being disguised as Boston College and random games are loading.

It happens every other year I played 2 seasons straight through in RTG with no problems, just every other year it happens in both RTG and Dynasty.

What game mode did you experience the bug/glitch in? (Gameplay, Franchise, Online, Front End, etc.....)
    Road to Glory AND Dynasty modes

How did it happen or what did you do to trigger it? Can you recreate it?
    It can be recreated all the time. Just be Virginia Tech in RTG or Dynasty. The first season is no problem. Sim to the second season in either mode and look for the week that it claims you play Boston College.

How often can the bug be reproduced?
    All day, as many times as you want.

Do you have video or pictures? """VIDEO BELOW"""
    Yes, I have a video of the first time it happened to me in Road to Glory. The right part of the screen previews my upcoming game with Clemson, but the menu says Im playing Boston College. I load the game and its Eastern MI and Ball State. I load the game and it freezes after simming.
    Last edited by GatorBait06NC; 07-27-2011 at 06:21 AM.

As a HEAD COACH I have seen this as well in my dynasty. It's a glitch where the COMMENTARY will mention that it's my second or third trip to the red zone and that I have come up empty. However, it's my FIRST trip... it's not a game killer by any stretch but it's annoying to hear. The first couple times I didn't really notice it but I hear it quite often now.

A few more bugs/issues (all on PS3)

1) The O-line often seems confused about who to block. I've seen the RG with a line indicating he's going to block the opposite OLB. This results in my RB/QB getting a surprise early visit from a D-lineman.
    2) Despite what the docs say, the d-pad doesn't work to control players. I haven't used the d-pad in years but I have friends who do and they don't want to have to learn a new system.
    3) There are times when it doesn't let the OC control the offense. I lost in OT because it simmed my offense instead of letting me play.

Noticed last night that the super sim in OT doesn't work. I'm a DC and won the toss and went on defense. I tried to just sim each play and it wouldn't do anything when I hit the X. Then I tried to Sim until on the field and it would eliminate the menus but actually wouldn't sim. I had to watch the play.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    As a HEAD COACH I have seen this as well in my dynasty. It's a glitch where the COMMENTARY will mention that it's my second or third trip to the red zone and that I have come up empty. However, it's my FIRST trip... it's not a game killer by any stretch but it's annoying to hear. The first couple times I didn't really notice it but I hear it quite often now.
    I've never had it happen as a HC but did your Red Zone stats get screwed up?

Quote Originally Posted by jbmorden19 View Post
    1-when I put a running back in motion with a pass out of the backfield, if I hike the ball before he stops his motion he stops running the route and immediately takes a blocking stance
    That's not a bug, per se, and it's been like that for a few years now: If you snap the ball when any player is in motion and he's close to your linemen he'll block instead of running his pattern. I think this is to prevent some form of cheesing, but I don't like it.

The only exception is when a player is in "auto motion" (the green line in the playbook diagram). In those cases a player can run a pattern even if he gets close to the O-line.