Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs & Glitches - NCAA Football 12 Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    My RTG high school had 3 nicknames!
    I typed in blazers and my first few home games said BISON in the end zones. A few games later and we were the conquistadors. The announcer still said "touchdown Blazers."

Here is a new one. If you guys have EA's ear please pass this on.

I also realize that I will prob open up a can of quips and puns, but can't be helped.

Started my first RTG tonight and was in the player creation screen. My last name is Cox and when putting in my last name, I got a warning pop-up that stated

"! Profane Text. The text has profanity in it. Please correct it in order to proceed."

So I then tested this using other real life-legit names: Dickerson, Dickson, Cocker, Cockran... All of these real life legit names were rejected. It also happens when you create a character in any other mode.

Not cool.
    Last edited by natcret; 07-14-2011 at 09:42 PM.

whenever I'm playing a game after the 2nd have kickoff the gametrack doesn't trigger and at the end of the game there is not any post game presentation instead it just goes straight to the exit game menu. This also happened when i was playing the demo. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by natcret View Post
    Here is a new one. If you guys have EA's ear please pass this on.

I also realize that I will prob open up a can of quips and puns, but can't be helped.

Started my first RTG tonight and was in the player creation screen. My last name is Cox and when putting in my last name, I got a warning pop-up that stated

"! Profane Text. The text has profanity in it. Please correct it in order to proceed."

So I then tested this using other real life-legit names: Dickerson, Dickson, Cocker, Cockran... All of these real life legit names were rejected. It also happens when you create a character in any other mode.

Not cool.
    Go offline during name editing and it should work. They are looking into getting that one straightened out.

Thumbs down I Form?

In my custom pb, i have two i form sections, not in the same tab, and on another note i wish we could change the order of tabs in the playbook, like have my ace, then shotgun, etc.

As SP and I have been talking about in the RTG thread, there is an issue with the Sim on the kickoffs at the start of the game and at the start of the half. I've noticed this also happening when you are a coordinator. If I'm the OC and we receive the kickoff to start the 3rd, I don't get to play that 1st series. It cycles through an offense and defensive series and then you get to play.

Seems to be an overall problem with the Sim not specific to RTG. The work around is to either "watch" the kickoff or just select sim the next play.

(PS3) When exiting Online Dynasty or following an OD game, Autosave ON does not actually auto-save your Profile. It still has to be done manually.

The Fly Sweep out of Ace - Big is bugged(360 version). The WR misses the hand-off the majority of the time. luckily the QB is able to move afterwards so it does give you a chance to try and make something happen. strangely, when you flip the play, it works. It just seems to be the original direction(right to left motion) that is bugged.

If it makes a difference, I'm using a custom playbook using Texas Tech as the base.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Go offline during name editing and it should work. They are looking into getting that one straightened out.
    Thanks CDJ

Feature: Custom Playbooks

Console: PS3, but reports on 360 as well elsewhere on the interwebs

Issue: Seemingly random blank assignment of formation audibles. Certain formation audibles are empty in certain formations of the custom playbook

Potential Root Cause (based on user testing): It appears that there are multiple sets of formation audibles for the same formation in the stock books, and if you include these plays from across audible sets, one of the formation audibles is left unassigned, or 'empty'. Removing plays to ensure that there is no more than one 'formation audible' play for each type of audible (Quick, Run, Deep, PA) in the custom playbook seems to resolve the issue. But this is based on sample testing so cause cannot be established with certainty.

Impact: User is unable to choose all the plays he/she wants in a formation because the plays might be hidden formation audibles from different sets

Workaround: None for all practical purposes, as it involves manually testing each set of run, PA, quick and deep passing plays to ensure there is no overlap. The alternative is to include all the desired plays, but use the custom playbooks feature without functioning formation audibles, thereby rendering the audible feature useless
    Last edited by Buckeye; 07-15-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    Feature: Custom Playbooks

Console: PS3, but reports on 360 as well elsewhere on the interwebs

Issue: Seemingly random blank assignment of formation audibles. Certain formation audibles are empty in certain formations of the custom playbook

Potential Root Cause (based on user testing): It appears that there are multiple sets of formation audibles for the same formation in the stock books, and if you include these plays from across audible sets, one of the formation audibles is left unassigned, or 'empty'. Removing plays to ensure that there is no more than one 'formation audible' play for each type of audible (Quick, Run, Deep, PA) in the custom playbook seems to resolve the issue. But this is based on sample testing so cause cannot be established with certainty.

Impact: User is unable to choose all the plays he/she wants in a formation because the plays might be hidden formation audibles from different sets

Workaround: None for all practical purposes, as it involves manually testing each set of run, PA, quick and deep passing plays to ensure there is no overlap. The alternative is to include all the desired plays, but use the custom playbooks feature without functioning formation audibles, thereby rendering the audible feature useless
    An easy fix for the blank screens on the custom playbooks, until a patch to fix it comes around. I press the button (R1 for PS3 users) for sim mode and then exit out of sim mode and my plays show up in my playbook and I didn't waste but a couple of seconds doing it.

Thanks for the suggestion. If you read my post again you'll find that this is a (separate) formation audible issue in the custom playbooks feature, not the 'all plays are blank in my custom playbook!' issue.

Quote Originally Posted by shockscape View Post
    An easy fix for the blank screens on the custom playbooks, until a patch to fix it comes around. I press the button (R1 for PS3 users) for sim mode and then exit out of sim mode and my plays show up in my playbook and I didn't waste but a couple of seconds doing it.

I am having issues with the game freezing/lagging for a second or two after every big play on the PS3.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Ok, in a 16-Team conference when trying to make protected rivalries, slots 3, 4, 5, and 6 change to what I want to. Slots 1, 2, 7, and 8 are not changing. Can anyone else confirm having the same problem?
    Just out of curiosity, are you trying to set a rivalry with the same team twice (like Michigan vs Ohio State and Michigan vs Michigan State for instance)?

I also noticed an issue where, sometimes, if you are trying to change a rivalry within that section, it won't change until you switch it at the spot where it's set at before (like, Michigan State vs Michigan but you want to make it Ohio State vs Michigan but the Michigan State option won't relinquish Michigan so you have to change the Michigan State vs Michigan one to someone else first before you can make it Ohio State vs Michigan).

Is that the issue you're talkin' about?

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Just out of curiosity, are you trying to set a rivalry with the same team twice (like Michigan vs Ohio State and Michigan vs Michigan State for instance)?

I also noticed an issue where, sometimes, if you are trying to change a rivalry within that section, it won't change until you switch it at the spot where it's set at before (like, Michigan State vs Michigan but you want to make it Ohio State vs Michigan but the Michigan State option won't relinquish Michigan so you have to change the Michigan State vs Michigan one to someone else first before you can make it Ohio State vs Michigan).

Is that the issue you're talkin' about?
    More or less. Here's the set-up:

MAC
    North
    1. Michigan (Ohio St.)
    2. Michigan St. (Kentucky)
    3. Eastern Michigan (W.K.)
    4. Central Michigan (Louisville)
    5. Western Michigan (Cincinnati)
    6. Toledo (Miami OH)
    7. Bowling Green (Ohio)
    8. Kent St. (Akron)
    South
    9. Kentucky
    10. Louisville
    11. Western Kentucky
    12. Akron
    13. Ohio
    14. Ohio St.
    15. Cincinnatti
    16. Miami (OH)

The teams in parentheses are the protected rivalries I'm trying to create but when I start setting them up, not all of them change. For instance, I'm unable to protect Michigan vs. Ohio St. They're in opposite divisions so I want to make sure they definitely play each other every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by souljahbill; 07-16-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwild58 View Post
    In my custom pb, i have two i form sections, not in the same tab, and on another note i wish we could change the order of tabs in the playbook, like have my ace, then shotgun, etc.
    Me too... it drives me nuts. SOmeone in another thread speculate that I and I flex were seperated???

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Had my WR get hurt with a leg injury (can't remember which one dang it) in week 1, out for 10 weeks. But in week 2 he was back and healthy. He then got hurt for 4 more weeks after spraining his elbow. All he does is kick return
    My bro's rb just had a dislocated elbow in week 2 and was down for 8 weeks....except he's back the next week. Injury bug. Seen twice now and needs to be fixed.

the same thing is happening to me about 3 to 4 times a game

Basmare
    I think I noticed 2 bugs (PS3), not very big problems:

1. During fieldgoals and PAT's, the ball seems to go through the net.

2. When arranging your custom schedule, one week will say the opposite from what you set up, for example: at the top it says Memphis AT Arkansas State, while you have it set up as Arkansas state at Memphis.