Thread: Improve Your Pass Trajectory...

• Facebook
  • Display

Improve Your Pass Trajectory...

There's a thread at OS titled: Important L2/LT Button. It goes into great detail how holding the L2/LT button on certain passing routes will increase trajectory, getting the ball to "drop" in to your receivers and also how on certain routes the ball is thrown where it should be, like on slants and throwing to a "spot" on the field.

Now be warned... EA has said this button does nothing, but looking at the many replies in this thread and all those who say it does make a difference, I thought I would share it here. Going to try this out tonight because there are some passes where this would come in quite handy. It appears... from the people who have tried this, that it works and EA isn't aware of it.

Hopefully this hasn't been posted yet.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lt-button.html

LOL @ the placebo comment (even though they couldn't spell it right)...

I think there are certain button presses that do things EA are not aware of, including holding TRI/Y to get players (yours and CPU) to go after the ball more on passes & R2/RT will allow defenders to break blocks easier when using Sprint as an offensive player.

This one is weird....did the L2/LT button ever have any input or designed influence in next-gen NCAA besides the option game?

L2/LT is Strafe, correct?

If so, this falls in line with holding TRI/Y after passing the ball....this is getting players to strafe; square up towards the QB. DBs are not in the same spot to make plays on the ball with more going over their hands. A couple vids in the OS thread appear to be showing this. It also seems like it is getting WRs in position on sideline catches as well.

I've been in Practice Mode trying this out. As w/ anything, when you've been doing something one way forever and suddenly add a new wrinkle to it, it takes some getting used to. I've not seen as much success on getting the ball over LBer's heads yet, but that may be because I haven't mastered the touch pass, w/ the left stick up WHILE holding the LT button... sheesh... it's like learning to walk and chew gum again... But I have noticed a HUGE difference on quick out passes when the D is in Man.

In 5-Wide there's a play called Inside Switch or also known as Mustang Switch { Playbook} and this play has gone for some big gains using the LT button. Out of maybe 30 throws only one has been picked... probably more my fault... but several have gone for long scores. I have the ball at my 15 in practice mode... so a few 85 yarders on a quick little out pass.

I can see where this could be deadly. Still working on the trajectory over the middle though. The only downside I see so far is when throwing to LB... there's no way to hold LT whilst hitting LB too... and I am a guitar player, so my fingers are used to doing all sorts of maneuvers.

I tried it. I can't tell a difference.

I'd say to throw the same route over the middle using regular method and L2/LT method. Compare the instant replay trajectories of the ball to see if there is any difference at all. Hell, do it against no defense and simply compare how high the ball is, etc.

Without reading the thread or trying it, I say placebo.

Just looked at that thread and EA says it is too.
    Last edited by AustinWolv; 08-10-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Without reading the thread or trying it, I say placebo.

It's definitely the old placebo effect. I tried both ways probably 100 times and it feels exactly the same to me. Sometimes I can squeeze it over, sometimes I can't...which is how it always is. With both methods, whether you fit it in or not depends on if the LB decides to jump or not.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    It's definitely the old placebo effect. I tried both ways probably 100 times and it feels exactly the same to me. Sometimes I can squeeze it over, sometimes I can't...which is how it always is. With both methods, whether you fit it in or not depends on if the LB decides to jump or not.
    Agreed IOU. I don't really see any difference. But whatever, if it makes people enjoy the game more so be it...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Agreed IOU. I don't really see any difference. But whatever, if it makes people enjoy the game more so be it...
    kind of like saying..if youre stupid and enjoy it, keep on being that way

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    kind of like saying..if youre stupid and enjoy it, keep on being that way
    rofl. now that was funny

I can't speak for anyone else but I tried this as soon as I read it on OS and to me it works only on certain routs. Try just tapping the button with no LT then hold the LT and there is a noticeable difference in pass height. It may be placebo or whatever but my first game passing with this method I had my first 300+ game and 3TD. It works for me.