Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 12 Dynasty Mode Recruiting Compendium

• Facebook
  • Display
    Freshman
    A few pink gem questions:

1. Are they there at the beginning of recruiting?

2. Do new ones come up during the year or are the ones there at the beginning the only ones that you will find that year? I don't want to waste time looking each week if there aren't going to be any new ones coming up.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    1. They are there after between week 2 and 4 (can't remember exactly)

2. Pretty sure they are the only ones, and more aren't added later on or anything (but, I'm not sure on that one).

Freshman
    Thanks man. So it looks like if I search for them through, say, week 5 then that's probably the last of them. Even if there are some that generate later than week 5 and you vault into their top 10, from my experience it doesn't seem likely that you will have enough time to have a realistic shot at actually signing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera1968 View Post
    Thanks man. So it looks like if I search for them through, say, week 5 then that's probably the last of them. Even if there are some that generate later than week 5 and you vault into their top 10, from my experience it doesn't seem likely that you will have enough time to have a realistic shot at actually signing them.
    I think even week 5 might be too late. Week 4 is definitely when I see them, but, truthfully, I usually completely forget about looking for them before then and I don't know for sure when they first crop up but they are definitely only and players so it's fairly easy to look for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera1968 View Post
    A few pink gem questions:

1. Are they there at the beginning of recruiting?

2. Do new ones come up during the year or are the ones there at the beginning the only ones that you will find that year? I don't want to waste time looking each week if there aren't going to be any new ones coming up.
    1. It depends if you add anyone to your recruiting board in preseason if you don't and it's 0/35 week 1 you're guaranteed to get one if you do add people you'll get 3 of them with X2 or pitches unlocked bonus instead.

2. I've noticed pink gems that show up later in the year but I never add them because usually they already are in top 5 stage and somebody is always like 1000 pts ahead.

I just had the pink gem glitch happen to me and my brother again, different dynasty. It's definitely a bug.

Freshman
    This has been really helpful, my strategy is just recruit spending a hour on all the key guys for like 6 weeks without autosave and then go back to week 1 and key in on recruits likes and skip topics their low on.

That shit really pisses me off too. I purposely give up my random bonus to 3 prospects to get a pink gem and now I'm not on the pink gems top 10 plus I wasted 60 minutes on him. Stupid buggy game, they better patch that shit.

Freshman
    I also do create a prospect and make people like fictiously Coby Matthews ( Clay's other son), Bam Herron (Boom H. OSU lil brother) and Orlando Pace Jr and Eddie George III.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucknut216 View Post
    This has been really helpful, my strategy is just recruit spending a hour on all the key guys for like 6 weeks without autosave and then go back to week 1 and key in on recruits likes and skip topics their low on.
    haha that's cheating

Freshman
    It's not cheating, now you can focus resources better. I only recruit like 28 or 29 guys and by week 3 or 4, I have all except about two with me as top interest. I also make up a few players all of which are probably from Ohio that are legacy players. Cousins, sons or little brothers of players I liked. When I get like up 200 points on other schools I only give that guy 10 minutes on one of his most liked topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher 8 View Post
    Anyone else having problems with the pink gems?
    Cipher, are you giving them scholarship offers during the call? On NCAA '11, it seemed like when I had a pink gem and I gave him a scholarship, I dropped off his Top 10. But when I didn't, I stayed.

I agree with you that there's certainly something strange going on ... just trying to find a pattern to it.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

This is cheating. But leave it to an OSU guy to say it isn't.

Freshman
    This isnt cheating, in real life you can pay a "scout" to find out whether some kid likes his grandmother's macaroni or sweet potato pie better.

Freshman
    I always offer a scholarship the first time I talked to a guy, is this a good idea or should I wait to they visit or something.

It's a much better strategy to only offer the scholarship if you are #1 on their list (cause it has a chance of causing an instant commit).

There are only two times that you should offer it outside of that:

#1: If you ever have the red down arrow (like a school jumped you or you just didn't pay enough attention to the recruit the past week). Then you should give them 60 minutes and offer the scholarship that week.
    #2: They are visiting that week and you haven't offered it to them yet.

Otherwise, you should always try to keep from offering the scholarship until you are #1 on their list.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    It's a much better strategy to only offer the scholarship if you are #1 on their list (cause it has a chance of causing an instant commit).

There are only two times that you should offer it outside of that:

#1: If you ever have the red down arrow (like a school jumped you or you just didn't pay enough attention to the recruit the past week). Then you should give them 60 minutes and offer the scholarship that week.
    #2: They are visiting that week and you haven't offered it to them yet.

Otherwise, you should always try to keep from offering the scholarship until you are #1 on their list.
    That's not necessarily true, if you aren't on there board or aren't making any moves I would advise you to go ahead and offer. Holding your scholarship gives you a better chance of being jumped by another school who has already offered them and IMO I use promises for the week they are visiting or have a down arrow. I will post my recruiting strategy sometime soon, it pretty close to what mors had in the first post.

To better clarify if you are number one then yes I would go ahead and offer them, but if you are numbers 5-10 I would also offer just to move up.

This isnt cheating, in real life you can pay a "scout" to find out whether some kid likes his grandmother's macaroni or sweet potato pie better.

Like i said before leave it to the OSU guy to not call it cheating. This game doesn't have scouts so you have to ask the recruit yourself if he likes to stay close to home or not. Its cheating. No gray area here. Remember when you could save on Online dynasty to your hard drive. Well people got slick and would save it and recruit and find the good pitches and the highest rated guys. That was also cheating.

Freshman
    What's a pink gem, how do I tell 4 ps3

What's a pink gem, how do I tell 4 ps3
    Description of Pink Gem as well as the other two recruiting icons added in the first post

I'm stuck on how to recruit my first year, still haven't even passed the preseason because of it.

LBs, Safeties I'm good, I need a DE and a DT. a G and a T, FB and P. Every other posistion is solid for years to come. I feel bad not recruiting any skill players but honestly this year I don't need them.

Playing with Clemson.

QBs, two pure freshman, one RS soph
    RB, freshman, sophmore, rs junior, rs sophmore
    WR, 4 freshman, junior sophmore

Just really stuck on what to do. I keep also getting way too many people on my recruitng board. Is it best to get 20 and use 30 minutes on each? even my "reach" guys.

Also are 3* recruits really bad? Or can they end up being your overall 80-85 guys? Just confused if I should go for mainly 3*s then a few 4*s and a 5* or two.