Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: GatorBait & Block-O Rosters Thread (PS3)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC View Post
    Id rather have one with Mike Gillislee, the backup RB. I think hes gona break out this year. Especially in the new system.

well good luck with Charlie Weis sir, be ready for alot of (sometimes back to back to back) screen passes. even when down and distance doesnt call for it. He's your "Schematic advantage" problem now .... might be a great OC for yall, never promote him no higher lol ..... sad thing is we are still paying him big bucks

Quote Originally Posted by holt4mvp View Post
    from block-o over at OS

Had a minor set back today that i dont car to go into details about. Lost about 18 hours of work.

I want to say ETA is still Sunday. It will be late Sunday, but we'll work out asses off to get them done Sunday.

Just dont be surprised to have the rosters pushed back by a day or 2.

Not answering and questions, PM's or tweets for the next 30+ hours.
    I wouldn't call losing 18 hours a minor setback. I would call that a screaming, pull my hair out and throw a fit moment. I couldn't imagine losing that much time. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I wouldn't call losing 18 hours a minor setback. I would call that a screaming, pull my hair out and throw a fit moment. I couldn't imagine losing that much time. Ouch.
    yea especially this close to finishing thats one of those moments where i just throw the controller and do something else for a few days and never touch the playstation but obviously block o and gator have a lil more tolerance then me haha

Quote Originally Posted by ToledoGoIrish View Post
    well good luck with Charlie Weis sir, be ready for alot of (sometimes back to back to back) screen passes. even when down and distance doesnt call for it. He's your "Schematic advantage" problem now .... might be a great OC for yall, never promote him no higher lol ..... sad thing is we are still paying him big bucks
    he's always been a great OC. helped the patriots dynasty earlier in the decade, turned matt cassel into a legitamate qb, and made brady quinn into a record breaker at ND. he can always put up numbers offensively and i think at florida he will once he gets driskel and dunbar into the starting lineup. i think that can be the next quinn and samardzija. weis only problem is he cant win as a head coach with his own recruits. the only success he had at notre dame was with ty willinghams recruits, once they left and he had his own guys coming in thats when ND started winning 3 games a year and losing to navy

all of which im very aware of, was just tryna poke fun at the flurry of bubble screens you will be watching every saturday for awhile.

yea especially if brantley is in there. guy couldnt throw a deep ball to save his life. he already checked down enough by himself now with weis we might see one ball thrown over 20 yards the whole game. and the bubble screens wont be too bad tho cuz addazio and mullen ran them several times a game out of the spread the past 5 years but not to the extent that weis does/ probably will

Don't put the lack of deep ball all on brantley; he can throw the football well. Addazio is the reason we never threw the ball down the field. He was a terrible OC and I am happy beyond words that he is gone. Addazio was way over conservative and the reason Brantley didn't do so great last year is because Addazio can't draw up passing plays. His schemes are awful and he is always crowding receivers together where no one could possibly get open. If Weis can open up the receivers with some well formed plays and route combinations, Brantley will come through this year and make something happen in the passing game.

Now how Steve Addazio got a head coaching job after last year I will never know....

Quote Originally Posted by holt4mvp View Post
    yea especially if brantley is in there. guy couldnt throw a deep ball to save his life. he already checked down enough by himself now with weis we might see one ball thrown over 20 yards the whole game. and the bubble screens wont be too bad tho cuz addazio and mullen ran them several times a game out of the spread the past 5 years but not to the extent that weis does/ probably will
    Then again it might have helped weis more @ ND if he had the speed and gamebreakers that UF has/had

yea it was obvious that florida was gonna take a step back on offense last year but it was never the same once mullen left. now mullen has miss st looking like a decent team on the rise and has a qb (relf) to run his offense the way he likes it. i dont think addazio will have any success at temple and love that hes gone. it was painful to watch some games last year when the gators had the ball.

and i cant wait to see what weis will do now that he does have the speed and gamebreakers UF has.

You guys, enough with the thread derailment, you are cluttering the thread and making the useful posts hard to find. There is a college football discussion section, take it there

Quote Originally Posted by BigDmo View Post
    You guys, enough with the thread derailment, you are cluttering the thread and making the useful posts hard to find. There is a college football discussion section, take it there
    I was about to say the same thing. Shut up! Lol

jusy a couple things. is the oregon roster based off of oregon.rivals.com/ or another source?
    anither thing is the RG #75 for central mich is gone. hes my buddy and he left school.
    also an incoming frwshman for toledo last name Neal from merrillville. i played hs ball with his older brother mike who plays for the packers and mike wants to do a rtg with his little bro in the game.

Let me set the record straight on Brantley. Will Brantley be a good QB in Weis scheme, possibly. But John Brantley is not the 5 star phenom that he was projected to be. He IS NOT and WILL NOT be a better passer than Tebow. Ive seen Tebow make a ton of great, NFL type passes that Brantley cant make. Tebow will succeed in the NFL on a side note. Brantley gets rattled way to easy. Hes also scared of contact and being sacked. He folds up at the slightest glance of a pash rusher. Brantley doesnt have an NFL arm and cannot make all the throws that all these wannabe experts think that he can make.

System-wise, he will be a lot better this year under Weis. Expect him to improve. But I guarantee he wont be a world beater and do not be suprised to see Driskel starting by the Auburn game. Especially if this years spring game is any indication of Brantley under Weis.

Still, hes a Gator and ill back him until the day I die. But the facts are the facts. Saying that he is a better passer than Tebow is crack smoking at its best.

I really hope the Football GODs are on your side this time around and you both manage to get this done sometime tomorrow. Cause I dont have ANYTHING planned for sunday evening and getting started on my new dynasty would be greatness. Great job by the way! I couldnt imagine editing all those teams.... KUDOS!!!

I guess i could use this valuble free time wisely and devote it to my loving family...???

.....Nah, I'll just play online. LoL

Thanks Gator & Block O

Thanks for all your work, I am sure it will make a ton of gamers happy

are they finished yet?

Dawg Nation home of the 2012 BCS National Title GO DAWGS!!!!
    sup gator, you and buck are doing a good job on these rosters. i would not envy doing this and having to put up with nagging fans such as myself. that said, i have a couple of quick questions about the uga rosters.

*did you switch richard samuels position to rb?
    *what # did you use for isaiah crowell (supposed to be number 1)
    *did you edit justin scott-wesleys speed rating (broke a record 100m dash, an is only an 89 in the game???)
    *did you add ken "boo" malcolme to the game?
    last question.... whats your beef with FSU?????:rolleyes:

Dawg Nation home of the 2012 BCS National Title GO DAWGS!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TcuFrog5 View Post
    are they finished yet?
    they are scheduled to be finished sometime late sunday

i have TraveyBumpkin77 rosters but im waiting for yourss gatorbait. i like yours..they were awesome.