Page 28 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: GatorBait & Block-O Rosters Thread (PS3)

• Facebook
  • Display
    The rosters were named on time, Sunday. The problem now is fixing whats wrong and its taking way longer than expected.

Process works like this.
    -We name the rosters, every single player was named according to who that player was supposed to be whether they were on the team or not. This makes it less clustered when correction time comes around.
    -After every player was named, then we started removing and changing the missing players. This takes time when a WR not on the team has to be completely remade into a running back.

We arent going to cheat you and just change the guys name and number. We want a WR made into a RB to in now way resemble the WR he used to be.

Obviously I dont know every detail about all 120 teams in the game.

I could release what we have now, but Id feel like I was cheating the donators. The rosters need to be as close to perfect as possible. I dont want to release a named roster full of mistakes after people have donated to get them done. I want the same effort put into every team.

I have considered contacting Iron Dragon or Luv in an attempt to get them my rosters ahead of time and start helping nail down some teams changes. I wish that more people could see what I have for each team without making them completely public. That way fans can send me emails details all the changes that need to be made on my current roster set.

You donated to us because we were doing all the grunt work, and we CAN do it. But a fan of NC State can put together a list of fixes for NC State A LOT quicker than I could.

Bottom line is that we are going to have to get some people on the inside to help finalize them. There are still a lot of teams that are just basically named, with alll dreads and robot arms removed that need to be assembled correctly. Some will take no time to fix, so will be extensize.

To get a team as good as it gets I have to do the following:
    -check the roster to make sure the player is still on the team
    -check the height and weight to make sure the player is right
    -check for dreads
    -check for correct class and number
    -check for depth issues
    -remove players that are no longer on the team and make them a needed player. It takes a bit of time to recreate players.
    BASICALLY, I have to become a fan of that team for half an hour.

Bottom line is that a lot of people have donated, and I want the rosters to be as accurate as they can be.

Im open for suggestions......

alright - i'm gonna go lab some USF in case i have to play that game tonight in my OD - if these guys release their roster can someone PSN me @ DuffHouse12? goooood lookin out see you guys later

Quote Originally Posted by thered View Post
    Tressel has been dirty for years even before OSU. As a Michigan boy and fan I hate OSU, Tressel, and pretty much the state of ohio, but I do love Buckeye for his hard work on these rosters!!
    kinda hard to call someone dirty when ur teams has 2 more years probation for being found guilty of 4 ncaa violations... pot calling the kettle black?

Sweet, we can actually get updates and talk on this site...

Quote Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC View Post
    The rosters were named on time, Sunday. The problem now is fixing whats wrong and its taking way longer than expected.

Process works like this.
    -We name the rosters, every single player was named according to who that player was supposed to be whether they were on the team or not. This makes it less clustered when correction time comes around.
    -After every player was named, then we started removing and changing the missing players. This takes time when a WR not on the team has to be completely remade into a running back.

We arent going to cheat you and just change the guys name and number. We want a WR made into a RB to in now way resemble the WR he used to be.

I could release what we have now, but Id feel like I was cheating the donators. The rosters need to be as close to perfect as possible. I dont want to release a named roster full of mistakes after people have donated to get them done. I want the same effort put into every team.

I have considered contacting Iron Dragon or Luv in an attempt to get them my rosters ahead of time and start helping nail down some teams changes. I wish that more people could see what I have for each team without making them completely public. That way fans can send me emails details all the changes that need to be made on my current roster set.

You donated to us because we were doing all the grunt work, and we CAN do it. But a fan of NC State can put together a list of fixes for NC State A LOT quicker than I could.

Bottom line is that we are going to have to get some people on the inside to help finalize them. There are still a lot of teams that are just basically named, with alll dreads and robot arms removed that need to be assembled correctly. Some will take no time to fix, so will be extensize.

-check for dreads
    -check for depth issues
    -remove players that are no longer on the team and make them a needed player. It takes a bit of time to recreate players.

Bottom line is that a lot of people have donated, and I want the rosters to be as accurate as they can be.

I would be willing to help tonight Gator... if you want let me know... I would be willing to go back and look at templates created etc. I got nothing to do all night... Let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant View Post
    Blake Gideon was on the Thorpe watch list. Dude is awful. I'm not sure how he got nominated.
    Here are some Blake Gideon highlights while we wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TMds...utu.be&t=2m30s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkRcCmgzdEk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4gz...feature=fvwrel
    Last edited by BaylorBearBryant; 07-18-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DuffHouse12 View Post
    how about that one herb who was talking about some random RB being on the award watch list warranting a 90+ rating? get outta here with that. what a chump
    Are you referring to Bobby Rainey from WKU? If so, i wouldn't label him "some random RB"....I mean he did rush for over 1600 yards last year, and his YPC was modest. If you watch some highlight film of his, you may see that he's more than the typical WKU RB. I know that last statement isn't saying much, but Rainey can play.

lol someone go find Iron Dragon for me

Process works like this.

-check for dreads
    -check for depth issues

Here to help brother, I know A&M like the NCState knew his team or can research another whatever you need

Quote Originally Posted by DuffHouse12 View Post
    not sure if you guys know this but UGA moved LB richard samuel to RB
    OMG...ROFLMAO!!! Dude, you HAD to say it, huh?!?!?!?

I sent you the Uva changes a few mins ago..

2 things if you have time:

Morgan Moses should be our highest rated lineman

Our best rated player should be Chase Minnifield, not Kris Burd

Quote Originally Posted by kc1678 View Post
    Man do us all a favor and either wait or shut up and go somewhere else please. We are having a good time here and all you want to do is complain. Is there a way to get him out of here.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by bhrangerfan0809 View Post
    Are you referring to Bobby Rainey from WKU? If so, i wouldn't label him "some random RB"....I mean he did rush for over 1600 yards last year, and his YPC was modest. If you watch some highlight film of his, you may see that he's more than the typical WKU RB. I know that last statement isn't saying much, but Rainey can play.
    Don't they play high school teams all year?

I think I just figured out the thing that will help me THE MOST!!!

If someone, ONE person, would send me a Ratings template for each position in the game. For example, just list the ratings for a random 75 overall player at each position. Also the build of the guy.

That would cut the time by more than half, seriously.

As someone who has donated, i would be thrilled to just start with what you have. Then just release a V2 for those who care about the color of byu's kicker's pubic hair.

Just my .02 cents

Buck 'n' Bait -

Major Changes for Notre Dame are adding SS Harrison Smith #22 5th year, and CB Gary Gray #4, 5th year. Both are starters, Smith is a legit All-American contender and former Tennessee Hurdles champion.

In addition, please add Raghib "Rocket" Ismail, WR #25, 99 overall, 23rd year senior. thank you.

If you need a detailed list of Michigan let me know. I am a huge Michigan fan and have tinkered w\ the lineup since Tuesday to get it perfect. I am a member of both scout and rivals so I know more than the average fan. Obviously, like most teams, won't know what to expect for Michigan until fall practice starts but have a pretty good idea of what to expect, including the freshmen numbers.

suggestion.. list the teams you need help with??

Have you guys already corrected Penn State (like, for example, Anthony Fera canon-legged kick-off man who, for whatever reason, is not represented in the game)? If not, I can try my hand at a template for them.

Process works like this.

-check for dreads
    -check for depth issues

I would love the chance to edit Arkansas and Baylor's rosters. I follow CFB like a religion...and i have sources for getting these teams' rosters done with accuracy and quality.